Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    lakerams Guest

Re: Now That We Know Where The Rams Will DRaft...

the Rams have so many needs, that I think bankrolling some extra picks is a great idea.

if the draft is not that deep on top quality players, then the Rams should use that to their advantage. if there isn't a "need" position player available when they pick, they should trade out of the 1st round like Dallas did last year and either pick up a teams 1st rounder for next year, or an extra 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounder for this year.

it makes more sense that way. the draft is not deep with top quality players, but it is deep with players that need a year or two to develop into quality players. and considering how much help the Rams need in several positions, it would make more sense (long term) to use it to their advantage.

look, there will be teams looking to move up to grab a position player that they need that won't likely be available when they pick again, so they will be looking to trade. and if it's an older team looking to win now, they won't care about having the extra picks to use on "development" players.

the core of the Rams team is still young enough to draft those type of players.

one last thought. I would rather see the Rams trade out of the 1st round and get some extra picks, then to see them use the pick on a player that isn't a need position or "reach" for a player that is not 1st round caliber.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by lakerams
    the Rams have so many needs

I would rather see the Rams trade out of the 1st round and get some extra picks, then to see them use the pick on a player that isn't a need position or "reach" for a player that is not 1st round caliber.
    If the Rams have as many needs as you think they do, then we should be able to find someone in the first round worthy of the choice.

Out of curiosity, what do you consider needs for the Rams?

Right now, I would grade the following as positions that the Rams could use an upgrade:

-RT
    -LG
    -OLB
    -ILB
    -CB
    -S
    -TE
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

lakerams Guest

Nick-

those needs you listed look right to me. all I was saying was that they shouldn't draft someone who is not worth of a 1st round pick just because you have the pick. trade the pick if there is no one worthy of a 1st round selection and get some extra picks. that's all I'm saying.

I just don't want to see them select a player that is a "reach" ( i.e. Canidate, Pickett, Crouch, etc ).

if there is no one of NEED that is worthy of a 1st round selection, trade down and get some extra picks.

remember, if you select a player that is a high second rounder, not only is that player a "reach", but now you have to pay him 1st round money.

it just doesn't make sense to me to take that route, AGAIN.

Yeah, I definitely agree with that strategy.

Skynyrd is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Yes, a plea bargain is a conviction, but not to the crime Little is currently charged with. He will only be convicted of that charge if he goes to trial and loses. As you said, a plea bargain would be essentially a voluntary conviction to a lesser charge (i.e. reckless driving, but not DUI) - and not to the charge for which the sentencing guidelines you were asking about apply. So, once the State Attorney agrees to a plea to a lesser charge, different sentencing guidelines apply and, most importantly, the recidivist penalties Little now face would presumably no longer be a factor.

Essentially, a plea bargain is a settlement and, as such, there is great flexibility as to the penalty that would be imposed.
    Your forgetting one thing though Av, and that's Commissioner Tags. I think that even if Little cops a plea that involves no jail time and just some community service that Tags is still going to lower the boom on Leonard just to make an example out of him, and rightfully so IMO if indeed Little, say, cops a plea to just reckless driving. The fact of the matter is Leonard would not only be a repeat offender but his first conviction resulted in the death of an innocent woman and your only kidding yourself if you don't think Tags is not going to take that into consideration. Frankly, unless Leonard goes to trial and is acquitted of all charges, I'd be shocked to see anything less then a one year suspension if not much more. :upset: Peace

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    I hope I don't get run out of town for even bringing up this thought, but what about picking up a punter with our second 3rd round pick - [flinches while waiting for barage of rotten tomatoes] - seriously, Dustin Colquitt out of Tennessee is projected to be in the late 3rd to early 4th. Solid punter with a very accurate & powerful leg, great hang time. He could ease a lot of our return woes, they can't return it if they have to fair catch it.

It's worth a thought anyway.
    Thought I'd give you an update on this guy.

TheNFLExperts.com are reporting that during Senior Bowl Monday practices, Colquitt showed good hang time and impressed scouts but was somewhat inconsistent and actually shanked a punt 12-15 yards.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234