HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Now we're screwed!

Vitt and the newfound Rams' running game are ready to make a run right back into the playoff chase.
    As I read this comment from the Jeremy Green article posted earlier, the possibility hit me in the gut...........are we the new media darling?! Are we the 2005 Cardinals or the 2004 Seahawks or 2003 Jaguars? Are we now the team that media has christened to rise from the ashes like a Phoenix to take over the world?

Can I just say that notion scares me to death? It makes sense for the media. Their long-time whipping boy, Martz, is out of the way, so if we are now a team to be reckoned with, it must be because of a lack of Martz. If that is the case (or at least if the NFL fans buy it), then the media will prove to the world they were right all along to dog on Martz.

If this idea persists and we become the media's show pony, I will lose my lunch. Not to mention, it's disgusting having national media annoint the team, but worse yet.........they're never right when it comes to their darlings. They're always wrong!

Why can't they just keep on hating us?

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Now we're screwed!

They didn't hate the Rams, most hated Martz because he could care less what any of them think.

Now that Martz is out of the way, they may think Vitt will play nicer. We'll see.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Can I just say that notion scares me to death? It makes sense for the media. Their long-time whipping boy, Martz, is out of the way, so if we are now a team to be reckoned with, it must be because of a lack of Martz. If that is the case (or at least if the NFL fans buy it), then the media will prove to the world they were right all along to dog on Martz.

If this idea persists and we become the media's show pony, I will lose my lunch. Not to mention, it's disgusting having national media annoint the team, but worse yet.........they're never right when it comes to their darlings. They're always wrong!

Why can't they just keep on hating us?
    More 'media conspiracy'....against "US" no less??? Is there a top secret head quarters where the 'media' get together to form these elaborate schemes and plans? Are they headed by a bald man who has a miniature look alike sidekick? When will they let us see the crashed alien spacecraft? How long before we get a real look at bigfoot? Is he really as friendly as he was portrayed to be in Harry And The Hendersons? Just click your heels together and repeat....theres no place like home. I now return you to your regularly scheduled DELUSION.LOL

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Funny how the media has the power to indirectly put sensationalism into the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan
    More 'media conspiracy'....against "US" no less??? Is there a top secret head quarters where the 'media' get together to form these elaborate schemes and plans? Are they headed by a bald man who has a miniature look alike sidekick? When will they let us see the crashed alien spacecraft? How long before we get a real look at bigfoot? Is he really as friendly as he was portrayed to be in Harry And The Hendersons? Just click your heels together and repeat....theres no place like home. I now return you to your regularly scheduled DELUSION.LOL
    Dang, now I know I'm right.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

If the Rams continue to win, they will get more media attention. If they continue to win without starters, they will get even more attention. The fact that they got "game of the week" indicates they are on the radar screen.

I don't mind....the media can take notice if they want. I am sure our stats are still bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

STLRAMSFAN Guest

It’s ridiculous to even talk about media as they relate to coaches and worrying about what they think. I don’t believe in all the conspiracies about the media some others here seem to believe in. I could believe in Big Foot before I believe the media has it out for Martz. I truly believe they are stating their opinions. Some people in the media that have talked poorly of Martz coaching say that Martz will have no problem finding a job as a head coach.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

As long as our players don't give a darn about what the media thinks. Were good
    RamsFan16

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    It’s ridiculous to even talk about media as they relate to coaches and worrying about what they think. I don’t believe in all the conspiracies about the media some others here seem to believe in. I could believe in Big Foot before I believe the media has it out for Martz. I truly believe they are stating their opinions. Some people in the media that have talked poorly of Martz coaching say that Martz will have no problem finding a job as a head coach.
    Conspiracy is your word, not mine. I, for one, am not saying all the talking heads get together in some new world order fashion. I'm saying a lot of the analysts that get most of the airtime disagree with Martz. Is that a little easier to see than Big Foot? These same analysts will, of course, annoint Vitt because it backs the opinion they've been pushing on ESPN and Fox for the past 5 years.

It's not a conspiracy........ it is a collection of sports guys that have the same opinion of Martz following through with their opinions to Martz' replacement.

But this is all sidenote. The point of this thread is that everytime the media starts singing the praises of what they deem the up-and-coming playoff contender, that team tanks. I'm not excited about being that team.