Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    RamsFan16 Guest

NT Sam Adams visits

ADAMS VISITS: Despite showing no initial signs of interest, the Rams brought in mammoth veteran defensive tackle Sam Adams for a visit Thursday. Adams was in town for a physical.

Although nothing appeared imminent as far as signing Adams, there does appear to be some interest in bringing in Adams to fortify the nose tackle position.

The Bengals released Adams on May 14 after he posted 25 tackles and a pair of sacks in one season in Cincinnati. Adams will be 34 next month, but at around 350 pounds, his job has traditionally been to clog the middle in his 14-season career.

Adams has been dealing with cartilage damage in his knee, suffered in a preseason game last year against Green Bay. He had arthroscopic knee surgery in the offseason.

The Shredder Guest

Re: NT Sam Adams visits

LOL!!!! That's funny.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Somebody is easily amused.

Not sure how much sense it makes to bring in a guy like Adams when you're trying to develop a bunch of young DTs. Still, if he's asking only for a veteran's minimum contract, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have him there as a stopgap (no pun intended).

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Wouldnt Mind The Signing Of Adams At All... Its Like When We Brought In Jason Fisk Last Year...

RealRam is offline Registered User

Hmm, I don't see the funny side to the Adams possibilty of joining the team. Wher did you, Shredder?

It may be a 'slim' chance (funny) but it could happen IF the former Bengal is found to be healthy enough to withstand one more year of productive work at DT, perhaps as depth. Rams physicians/trainers would have to make sure that his knee really is in good working order.

smizzhfx Guest

Let's not forget this guy has been to 3 probowls. If he's willing to sign for the veteran minimum i can't see what the problem would be to bring him in and assist with the development of our young DTs.

sbramfan Guest

We need big DT's to help take the pressure off our LB's. Think if we had a plug like Adams in the middle, we could let Carricker run wild on the edge, or switch aroung. Also, this could potentially allow us run the 3-4 at times, like Haslett wants to.

Why would we not want a huge guy in the middle? Size in the middle, speed on the ends.

Country Guest

Adams would be a fine signing if the Rams have not been overwhelmed with what they have seen in Clifton Ryan and Keith Jackson.

The man can play 15-20 plays a game against the run he would be a great help.

smizzhfx Guest

Why not add another piece to an already improving rotation of solid guys? A real plug in the middle, provided he stays healthy, would be valuable to us for a few running downs every game. Sign him for a 1 year veteran minimum, of course. I doubt he has much left in his tank.

Worst comes to worse, he comes in and helps to further develop our young studs, showing them some tricks of the trade.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

This is great news, i'm all for signing Adams at the veteran minimum. This is a man who can step in right away and give us very good depth as a backup. Here's hoping he can pass his physical.

GameTime Guest

Last year was the year of the Punt returner, this year will be the year of the Nose Tackle.

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Doesn't do any harm to bring him in and see what shape he's in..

bigtiger737 Guest

Hah a guy named sam adams on a st Louis team is funny, I'm all for it too. 3 pro bowls probably means good technique, and with the avg learning curve for a rookie dt being 3 years. It's probably not bad for Carriker, jackson etc. And being another monster man could finally help kennedy pay dividence too. Look at how much it helped SJ to have a same build HB come in. If he takes minimum Take him! for the right price there is no such thing as too much depth

rampower is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder View Post
    LOL!!!! That's funny.
    I envy you shredder, your whole life must be a barrell of laughs!!!

Sam visiting the Rams doesn't make me laugh as much as you do!

keep it up!

Rp
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

BigDaddyPace Guest

Desperate teams take desperate measures somtimes. I don't see how this helps at all.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast