Talking Number 81, the new Mr Ram?

Shoot, I dont know if that statement is correct or not but all I do know is that Holt is the best WR that this team has seen in a long time.

A true proffesional and a gentleman.

Isaac Bruce will always be a hero to me but Torry Holt sure looks like he could take over the mantle.

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Re: Number 81, the new Mr Ram?

Bruce and Holt have been a great tandem,but in recent years Torry has been far more productive...Bruce has had quite a few niggly injuries which has to be expected with him getting older...I honestly don't think Bruce should still be a starting WR in the NFL.The guy is a Rams and legend and it is sad to say it,but in my eyes he still has a role on the team..I would say Torry has probably been the most consistent receiver in the league the last 5 years,his record breaking stat's speak for themselves...:l

oh this is in no way a dig at Bruuuce, the man is still productive and I am more than happy to have him starting next year.

I am just throwing out there, that Torry should be concidered the new "Mr Ram"

Assuming he stays with the Rams in the future that is LOL

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Torry's upbeat attitude and ability to pull plays out of thin air make him indespensible.

Dez, I'm going to say Holt has company with this title...both he and Marc Bulger are the players I can see as the new 'Mr. Ram'.

BTW - nice sig pic. Makes me want to dig up my 'Lightning Holt' signature I had early on in the season.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Right on Dez. Torry will carry the torch as soon as Ike is ready to hand it over.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 81~BIG-GAME View Post
    I honestly don't think Bruce should still be a starting WR in the NFL.
    61 cathces for 884 yards isn't good enough? That's only 160 yards behind Holt. He'll easily finish the year with over 1000 yards which is great production from your number 2 reciever.

The only other #2 recievers with more yards are:
    T. Houshmandzadeh with 77 catches for 943 yards.
    Terry Glenn with 63 catches for 921 yards.

Barring injury, he has a minimum of 2 good years left in him before he drops to the 3rd reciever slot. Never underestimate how lucky this team is to have him.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    61 cathces for 884 yards isn't good enough? That's only 160 yards behind Holt. He'll easily finish the year with over 1000 yards which is great production from your number 2 reciever.

Barring injury, he has a minimum of 2 good years left in him before he drops to the 3rd reciever slot. Never underestimate how lucky this team is to have him.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Ike can not only still put up the numbers, but he is still the leagues best route runner IMO and continues to routinely make the spectacular catch. As long as he wears the horns, he will be "Mr. Ram" in my eyes.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post

Reggie Wayne???

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

As for the Bruce comment - the Rams will be one of four, maybe five, teams in the league with 2 WRs who will top 1,000 yards. End of story.

As for Holt being "Mr. Ram," I'd say he's "Mr. Ram, elect." Bruce keeps the title for now only because he is the last remaining Los Angeles Ram on the team.

Holt, though, is a more than worthy successor, and he's certainly become the face of the team along with Bulger and Jackson.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't know guys. I was kinda thinkin' Claude Terrell, maybe.

Oh no, wait a minute...you said "Mr. Ram". I thought you said "Mr. Ham (with a side of potatoes and gravy with cole slaw, biscuits, and hot apple pie with ice cream)".

My mistake.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Varg6 is offline Registered User

How about they're just the Ram Brothers? In my eyes, both of them should and could be considered Mr. Ram...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

I think the Mr Ram title goes beyond just numbers and who's the best. The fact that Bruce is the last original LA Ram and he stuck with the team when it was horrible. Bruce has been a model player and citizen and that makes him Mr Ram. Bruce didn't just get that moniker because of his numbers. He shouldn't lose that moniker ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

RealRam is offline Registered User

One more year and yes, rightly so, Mr. Holt ought to be declared Mr. Ram. :r

Bruce keeps the title for now only because he is the last remaining Los Angeles Ram on the team. -- AvengerRam
    I agree, that special and distinguished honor on Sir Isaac qualifies him to maintain the title for now. Next in the line of Ram Royalty is Sir Torry.

We have been so fortunate to rely on these two great, truly great WRs! I hope Kevin Curtis joins in with a title of his own next year with the Rams.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    One more year and yes, rightly so, Mr. Holt ought to be declared Mr. Ram. :r

I agree, that special and distinguished honor on Sir Isaac qualifies him to maintain the title for now. Next in the line of Ram Royalty is Sir Torry.

We have been so fortunate to rely on these two great, truly great WRs! I hope Kevin Curtis joins in with a title of his own next year with the Rams.
    KC is already known for being the fastest white man to ever live

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I think the title of Mr. Ram always stays with Isaac Bruce. Giving the name to Holt would be like naming Tinoisomoa with the name "Hacksaw".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]