Results 1 to 4 of 4
Here's some thoughts about the Falcons game and the first twelve games! I appreciate your comments:
0. When's the last time you saw a 2-9 team playing this hard into December? Blame Linehan for what you want, but the players like this guy, the player's play hard for this guy, and not one single player on this team has packed it in. I do not know why we play so flat in the second half. I do not know if it is fatigue. I do not know if it is focus. I just refuse to blame it on playcalling and neither will the players. It is plain and simple, EXECUTION. Frerotte looks like a genius for one quarter, then he goes to crap. I just don't get it. As for the haters claiming that our defense couldn't even stop Redman, and that they suck because of it, this happens ALL THE TIME in the NFL. A backup quarterback will come off the bench and rip a team, only to be terrible the subsequent weeks. Look at A.J. Feeley: he almost beat the Pats then was horrible against the Seahawks. Redman started 10-11, he finished 6-13 including the INT to Atogwe. We've shut down far more impressive QB's this season.
1. S.J. sitting with 19 carries for 46 yards, what does he do? Takes the hand off, about to go off the guard's block, and bam, cuts outside and gone to the house for 50 yards! I've been preaching this all along ... If he makes an cut out of instinct occasionally, he will easily get 1600 yards a season, every season. I understand he's a little tentative behind this O-line, but he is not running like he did last year, regardless. Too much dancing. Maybe now that we got some hip-hop in the EJD, he can dance on the sidelines and punish fools in the game.
2. O.J. Atogwe has "IT". Still a little raw last year, he managed to force five fumbles, all which were pretty significant for us. This year, five INT's, including one in four straight games, two which have clinched victories for us. He's taking better angles this year, he's a more sound tackler, and he continues to be the ball hawk that we truly need at FS. His improved coverage skills have allowed our CB's to play tighter man defense which is crucial to Haz's blitzing attack.
3. Brandon Chillar played like a man yesterday. Responding to the loss of Pisa, he was all over the field and made some crucial stops and kept Crumpler from gaining any significant yards downfield. Chillar and Draft combined for four pass defensed against the chunky TE. Losing Pisa did hurt, as I think some of those long gains that Norwood got on the ground would have been nullified had speedy 5-0 been in the game.
4. Kudos to Ike Bruce for the milestones. He will be #3 in yards gained by a Wide Receiver in another week or two.
5. Adam Carriker is everything we hoped him to be. What a monster he is on the D-Line. If you get a chance to watch the tape again, look how he attacks on the sack. He looked like a true monster with his arms flailing to engulf his prey.
6. Fakhir Brown is one of the most underrated players in the league. I understand why Haslett is so high on this guy. He doesn't have the greatest technique or speed, but he is usually ALL-OVER his man. It will result in some DPI's, but another INT and 2 more passes defensed gives him 14 for the season in limited time.
7. Who said Ron Bartell is scared of contact? He has become one of our most sure handed tacklers in recent weeks. What an awesome strip on White.
8. The D gave up 435 yards against the Falcons, but they still played their hearts our and made plays all day long. Alot of the yardage was junk, including some long gains by Norwood. QB's still only managed a 70.5 QB rating against us in the game.
9. Todd Stuessie looks fantastic. We need to absolutely sign this game as depth. He has the body of a 25 year old and I saw him make a monster pancake block in this game.
10. Brandon Williams needs to be let go. No reason Wade shouldn't be returning kicks if Dante Hall can't go.
11. Ugly victory or not, I am very proud of our team for pulling this one out.
12. Final thought on bad playcalling. It's amazing that Linehan did exactly what everyone was calling for. He attacked the middle of the field today, threw some quick slants, and even drew up a brilliant deep pass play out of the slot to S.J. that he dropped. It doesn't matter though, the playcalling still sucked right? I'm tired of hearing about the playcalling and not hearing anything about the execution. Outside of the first two drives, Frerotte again was not very accurate, although that pass on the post to Jackson was beyond impressive. Again, the second half duldrums are on Frerotte, including the two INT's. If he secures the ball, we'd had at least 34 points in this game. And for the D, we still need edge pressure. Until we get it, we will have to rely on the blitz more than we need to. This will result in the occasional big gain against us on the ground. However, this D is coming up with plays left and right when we need them. I am very proud of them and Haslett.
13. A side note, if Will Witherspoon does not make the Pro Bowl, it will be one of the biggest travesties ever. I know that he won't, but he is having an unbelievable season!
14. Chavous is just too slow, he's got to have his role reduced. We'd be much better off starting Todd Johnson.
15. Torry Holt is a warrior. Did you see how he was struggling to run on the route he almost took the end zone? Yet, he still comes out everyday and takes it to his opponents and is on pace for 96 Rec and 1265 yards!
16. Can anyone say that LaRoi Glover doesn't look rejuvenated the past four weeks? He has been playing fantastic football!
That's it, have a nice week and enjoy the victory!
Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -12-03-2007 at 11:49 AM.
Nice post RI. I'd give you REP for it, but I need to share the love first.This space for rent...
I agree with pretty much everything you say, and while I didn't see the game and only some of the game cast on NFL.com.
That said, I want to specifically call attention to your comment on the playcalling. I think from the highlights and the general feel I got from the game cast was that the playcalling was actually pretty good for once this season.
You're also very correct about none of the guys giving up and seemingly getting hungrier every week.
Last comment is seconding AC's beastness and asking the mods when the option to support him will be available. I love Torry but this guy's the future and is simply a BEAST!
The playcalling was much more agressive in this game than game's past. Throwing the ball downfield alot. The drop by Jackson is the one that pains me. He catches that ball, he likely takes it to the house and the game is over right then and there ....
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 8Last Post: -08-04-2007, 12:20 PM
By RAMFANRAIDERHATER in forum NFL TALKReplies: 15Last Post: -09-15-2006, 08:55 AM
By mh-i in forum RAM TALKReplies: 11Last Post: -01-02-2006, 01:10 AM
By general counsel in forum RAM TALKReplies: 9Last Post: -08-16-2005, 11:25 AM