Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Observations From Sun Devil Stadium

It was HOT!! I was in the shade the entire game, but still the heat was intense. The Cardinal fans were in a foul mood with a capital F! I'd be interested in what Dez and RAMMAN68 experienced in their sections, but where I was, it was very UGLY. Thank God there were a lot of Ram fans or it could have been like a Faider game free for all. The stadium was E-M-P-T-Y, no where near full.

Being able to watch the plays develop from the upper deck, I was very impressed with the energy and effort from the defense, they were active and showed a lot of emotion. The special teams also looked solid. Not spectacular, but solid.

The offense, with the exception of Jackson was not crisp from my perspective. Although the line seemed to perform better than last week, Bulger looked tentative and the recievers looked a step slow and unable to get much seperation. Don't know what the problem is there.

The Cardinals defense laid some big time hits and kept the game close. Their recievers are impressive and if they get any kind of line play they'll be dangerous.

Any win is a good win, but this one was a little to difficult. Hopefully we'll put it ALL together next week.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Observations From Sun Devil Stadium

Did you see the Cardinal fans throwing bottles on the field? Nutty, really nutty. Over a penalty from their guy losing his cool. I was not impressed with the fans.

I'll bet the players and the fans were all really hot. You are lucky you were in the shade.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    Did you see the Cardinal fans throwing bottles on the field? Nutty, really nutty. Over a penalty from their guy losing his cool. I was not impressed with the fans.

I'll bet the players and the fans were all really hot. You are lucky you were in the shade.
    The Cardinal fans were definitely out of control. The only thing that kept me from getting my loud mouthed butt from being kicked was strength in numbers. Gotta love those Ram fans!

We were on the 20 yard line, at the end where all the bottles were being thrown.

There were loads of Ram fans and we had no problems at all In fact, I was rather load ..... no ........ yes I was LOL

And I poured a couple of bottles of water over my head, that worked for me

Sounds like Dez had the good seats.

So Dez you were loud then...really loud....or were you carrying a big load?

hehe.....bound to get in trouble for this post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LOL

Dez should never post when half cut.

One could say I was both

Man, the fun I could have had and the Cardinal smack I could have spewed sittin' next to Dez today!! Maybe next time.

see, you should have contacted me, we had spare tickets

RealRam is offline Registered User

Thanks, r8rh8rmike, for this "in situ" report/thread.

I've been in several Arizona regions and I know how HOT the Phoenix area gets (not to mention Yuma).

To me, it makes more sense playing the NFL '@ Cardinals' games in the evening rather than 1:30! Say, start at 5:30 p.m. during September and October.

Sure, the northern deep winter snow and freezing temps can also be brutal but I think less taxing than the desert cooker at 100+ degrees F.
    Last edited by RealRam; -09-19-2005 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    Thanks, r8rh8rmike, for this "in situ" report/thread.

I've been in several Arizona regions and I know how HOT the Phoenix area gets (not to mention Yuma).

To me, it makes more sense playing the NFL '@ Cardinals' games in the evening rather than 1:30! Say, start at 5:30 p.m. during September and October.

Sure, the northern deep winter snow and freezing temps can also be brutal but I think less taxing than the dessert cooker at 100+ degrees F.
    As a fan, I disagree, I'll take the heat. Especially a dry heat like in Arizona.

Now sitting at that last playoff game in Pittsburgh watching the sun go down, I was cursing the people who schedule games. The day was not so bad when the sun was up, but it was turned really cold after sunset. I lost feeling in my feet and the guy's legs were shaking so hard they could hardly walk on the way out.

You would think that they would consider weather conditions as they schedule games, but they don't seem to care. A night game in Arizona would have been better and a day game in Pittsburgh winter would be better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsPorVida is offline Registered User

Was in the endzone where the game ended....as for the heat I grew up near Palm Springs so I can handle 120, and it was only 100. My old lady on the other hand, she nearly had heat stroke and had to head up to the tunnel out of the sun.

The fans were horrible, the secy was bad. I understand people get drunk and rowdy, but these fans seemed to only care about starting fights (I thikn its because the rams fans showed in nearly even numbers).

Anyways I guess I can accept Marmie's no blitz bend but don't break defense for a win, but he'll need to evolve.

P.S. My MVP vote goes to D. Groce, stepped up especially against the screen.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

It was HOT!! I was in the shade the entire game, but still the heat was intense. The Cardinal fans were in a foul mood with a capital F! I'd be interested in what Dez and RAMMAN68 experienced in their sections, but where I was, it was very UGLY. Thank God there were a lot of Ram fans or it could have been like a Faider game free for all. The stadium was E-M-P-T-Y, no where near full.
    And once again we failed to hook up. Next year Mike.

I was at the 45, 21 rows up, very good view, didn't get shade until the 3rd. The Tard fans in my section were late in arriving and got bitter as the game progressed.
    There was one idiot "Salty" who kept making a bird like jester with his hands every time the Tards made a play.
    LAME!

The Cardinals defense laid some big time hits and kept the game close. Their recievers are impressive and if they get any kind of line play they'll be dangerous.
    I totally agree with this, but I think it won't be as close when they visit the Lou.

We could have won 31 - 12 if not for a few dropped balls and the non call in the end zone when the AZ defender jumped over the back of the RAMS receiver. Even the Tard fan sitting next to me thought it was interference. :tut

That was quite stupid, but it is the Cards. So dumb ass threw a full Coke bottle on the field that exploded on impact. Jr. Faider fans. LOL

Over all, the RAM fans were out in full force and a good time was had by all. :clanram:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    LOL

Dez should never post when half cut.

One could say I was both
    Dam Scotty!
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    The Cardinal fans were in a foul mood with a capital F! ... where I was, it was very UGLY.
    May I respectfully suggest the next time you go, you take a page out the CIA dirty tricks book, and fill a spray bottle with some of Mr. Natural's electric koolaid and douse them before you sit down?

That ought to disorient them long enough for you to harrass them into being a blathering idiot requiring psychiatric observation ... just a thought mind you ... really applicable in any foreign land ...

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    May I respectfully suggest the next time you go, you take a page out the CIA dirty tricks book, and fill a spray bottle with some of Mr. Natural's electric koolaid and douse them before you sit down?

That ought to disorient them long enough for you to harrass them into being a blathering idiot requiring psychiatric observation ... just a thought mind you ... really applicable in any foreign land ...
    You know what, I never thought of that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast