RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Odds getting Even?

I have been noticing that the odds for this week's matchup in the EJD seem to be evening out somewhat. A little over a week ago, a lot of sites had us as 6 point underdogs. Then 4 points. On Tuesday, this was down to 3.5 points.

Yesterday, I saw a 2 point difference, "Homer's Picks" said "Denver has omelettes ... omelettes have ham ... ham rhymes with 'ram' ... which is the mascot for St. Louis ... So this looks like a tossup", and this morning...

I saw the Rams favored by 3!

Could the bookies know something?

On a side note, the Broncos have 3 RB's named Bell. Mike Bell, Tatum Bell, and their starter today: Tinker Bell

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Odds getting Even?

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    I have been noticing that the odds for this week's matchup in the EJD seem to be evening out somewhat. A little over a week ago, a lot of sites had us as 6 point underdogs. Then 4 points. On Tuesday, this was down to 3.5 points.

Yesterday, I saw a 2 point difference, "Homer's Picks" said "Denver has omelettes ... omelettes have ham ... ham rhymes with 'ram' ... which is the mascot for St. Louis ... So this looks like a tossup", and this morning...

I saw the Rams favored by 3!

Could the bookies know something?

On a side note, the Broncos have 3 RB's named Bell. Mike Bell, Tatum Bell, and their starter today: Tinker Bell
    Anything can happen on Sunday, these "expert" opinions and takes on each game, can either be very correct, or VERY wrong. Most people think we'll lose, we'll see...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: Odds getting Even?

Yeah, they know something! They know that they're not getting any bets laid down on the Broncos.

The "odds" are nothing more than a tool to get people to bet evenly on both sides of the ball. It has nothing to do with the Broncos being 3.5 points better than the Rams. It's a way of getting betters to take the Broncos. The betting field was tilted towards the Rams, so they lower the point spread.

Bottomline, it seems the betting types out there aren't sold on a Broncos win.

Go Rams.