Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: OFF TOPIC: A few words about our MODERATED message boards

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Thanks for the comments, guys. Massages for everyone!
    MoonJoe, Nick and macrammer like this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: OFF TOPIC: A few words about our MODERATED message boards

Quote Originally Posted by Citr92 View Post
    This one is by far the most civilized, not even close.

And if this is a top 3...who are the other 2?
    There are other sites besides ClanRam? -- MoonJoe

Well, there is...

ClanRam Scotland.
    ClanRam U.S. of A.
    ClanRam International.

Hey, a three-way tie!
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-20-2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Scotland! Thanks Dez.

RolandDeschain98034 is offline Registered User

Hi, everyone. Seahawks fan here. Also known as RolandDeschain on Seahawks.net.

Just want to let you all know that your lovely mod here is misrepresenting himself. He started trolling a lot the last few weeks and got himself banned, and since that would be too horrible to admit to, he's spinning some yarn for you all.

Hope our game in just over a week is a good one and injury-free. Go Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by RolandDeschain98034 View Post

Just want to let you all know that your lovely mod here is misrepresenting himself. He started trolling a lot the last few weeks and got himself banned, and since that would be too horrible to admit to, he's spinning some yarn for you all.

My first instinct was to simply delete your post, which had no purpose other than to cause problems. Instead, I will respond briefly.

There is a group of posters at Seahawks.net who believe that an opposing fan who dares to post something positive about his team, or to respond (in any manner) to the resulting litany of juvenile comments, is a "troll." Apparently, RD is among these posters.

Anyone who wishes to form their own opinion is welcome to go to Seahawks.net and see for themselves.

What is not going to happen is an ongoing debate on the subject. In other words, consider your last post a freebee, RD. Any additional posts of that type will simply be deleted.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    My first instinct was to simply delete your post, which had no purpose other than to cause problems. Instead, I will respond briefly.

There is a group of posters at Seahawks.net who believe that an opposing fan who dares to post something positive about his team, or to respond (in any manner) to the resulting litany of juvenile comments, is a "troll." Apparently, RD is among these posters.

Anyone who wishes to form their own opinion is welcome to go to Seahawks.net and see for themselves.

What is not going to happen is an ongoing debate on the subject. In other words, consider your last post a freebee, RD. Any additional posts of that type will simply be deleted.
    I take it no massage for RD??
    Nick and MauiRam like this.

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post

I take it no massage for RD??
    LOL. Probably not
    Nick, MauiRam and macrammer like this.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

I did read the thread & think both sides behaved poorly. The arguments with which even the sensible posters responded were weak;eg, anybody who thinks team wins are solely under the control of, or should be credited to, a QB , would be snarked at by many here, too.At the same time, AV was more than a little provocative ; "Dance , little puppets, etc.
    Tempest in a teapot. I do much prefer the standards of argument & general civility that AV & co help maintain here. Still, I doubt very much that a Hawk fan posting & responding similarly here wouldn't be at least neg-repped and lambasted, no pun intended, by many, inc me. I'd hope we'd try logic and facts first but I've seen things get equally out of hand now & again.
    Av is certainly right that warnings would follow argument before it got smacky & banning did seem excessive. More of an off-setting penalties deal,imo.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -10-20-2013 at 05:32 AM.

Ah well.

If you fall into the trap of looking to see what people think about you, or your team, be prepared to move into a world of s h i t .
    A lot of forum sites have felt the pressure from the social media sites and loosen their moral standards to a level that is far below that would be normally acceptable in a civilised society. The main reason for this is to increase the members and therefore increase $$$. They can tell you different but it all comes down to $$$$

That said, if that turns you on, who am I to judge?

I have moved on from that sort of behaviour and prefer the quiet life LOL Yes, I know that it affects the revenue of this site causing a huge loss (running wise) but that's the price you have to pay to keep things civil. I am lucky that the mods of this site have the same beliefs that I have and so I can leave them to run the site knowing that its in good hands.

No doubt, said "others" will comment, smirk and ridicule anything said here but who cares what "others" think.
    Nick and Truth like this.

Oh,
    and just for EVERYONES info

Seahawks.net was created on the 31st March 1999

Clanram.com was created on the 16th July 1999

That is when those names were registered.

The ClanRam's history goes back to 1995

http://www.clanram.com/ClanRam_History/

Azul, that's a valid point, for sure. All I'm saying is he was on our site for 3 years and everything was fine.

In any case, with no Seahawks game tomorrow, I'll be keeping an eye on your game @ Carolina. (Along with hoping the ***** lose, obviously. Douchiest fan base in football.) I think they are underrated by most people, specifically their front 7. You never know from week to week which offense you'll get with Newton & company it seems like, but their defense was giving serious pressure to Wilson all game long when we played in their house in week 1. I'm also curious to see if Bradford can put another good game together after his good performance last week. With the Seahawks being 6-1 while playing with only 2 starters on the O-line for half our games thus far, and 3 starters on it for the other half, and no Harvin yet, I'm feeling pretty comfortable in terms of winning the division; though obviously, there's a lot of football left yet to play.

I don't say any of this to taunt, please don't take it the wrong way. Just chiming in with some related discussion is all. I've posted here before, (see my registration date) but apparently my post count got reset or lost at some point. It was all the way up to 15 or 17, or something.

I can't honestly say good luck with winning tomorrow, (later today, ha) but I will wish you luck in terms of injuries. I hope to see a good game, regardless of who wins.

Edit: @Dez - that's funny. Though, Seahawks.net changed owners a while back and everything was reset, so you won't see anyone with a prior-to-2007 registration date on Seahawks.net, but a fair number of members were around in one form or another before that.
    RamDez likes this.

With regards to post count.
    We have cleaned a few threads over the years and this would cause members to loose some posts. Its not a personal thing

I've posted here before, (see my registration date) but apparently my post count got reset or lost at some point. It was all the way up to 15 or 17, or something.

I can't honestly say good luck with winning tomorrow, (later today, ha) but I will wish you luck in terms of injuries. I hope to see a good game, regardless of who wins.

Edit: @Dez - that's funny. Though, Seahawks.net changed owners a while back and everything was reset, so you won't see anyone with a prior-to-2007 registration date on Seahawks.net, but a fair number of members were around in one form or another before that.

Awww, man. I just moused over the red icon under my name, and it says you guys think I might be a whiner fan. Really? That hurts.

Hit me right in the feelz.
    RamDez likes this.

You don't understand.

THAT is the registered date for both sites even though they were both around in different forms prior to those dates. But you have at the top of your site, Est 1998,

Just saying

Ah, that's what you meant. I believe it may have been a subdomain for a while initially on another site, though I really don't remember. 15 years ago is a long time; plus, in 1998, I was 16 years old.

and I really need to sort that history page LOL its a mess

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast