Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offense

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Offense

How good does that line look IF Pace goes down? Two year running...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Not as good as if he didn't go down.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Action_Jackson is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    How good does the Patriots team look if Brady goes down?

How good will the Cowboys be if Owens goes down?

Every team have a star player, we have to assume he will be fit.

maineram is offline Registered User

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that there is NO WAY we have the rash of injuries as a team and on the offensive line as last year, pure fluke. My concerns on offense is wideout, with Holt and his nagging bad knee, Bennett with a TON of weight on his shoulders stepping in as the #2 and stepping in for the dearly departed Bruce. Holt should be consistent as usaul but his explosiveness with a bumm knee and his age is a concern.

RB - Any teams first string stud that goes done deffinately changes the offensive gameplan. Having a capable backup that can step in and move the chains when needed is key. Pittman looks like an exciting back, and I am looking forward to seeing him get a full traing camp under his belt with this team. I still like what Leonard brings to the table with his willingness to give you the tough yards inside, and is a willing blocker.

Keeping Bulger from watching the rushers and not the receivers will decide our season.

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

How good does the Patriots team look if Brady goes down?

How good will the Cowboys be if Owens goes down?
    Have these guys missed a lot games in the last two years? I think not.

helorm341 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Action_Jackson View Post
    First post. Here goes.

I have been watching a lot of NFL Total access recently and they seem to think we will go for Jake Long in the draft. I know our o-line was a big problem for us last season, but without the injuries and the additions in the off season we are fairly strong in this position.

Our offensive-line up this year will look similar to this.

Bennett----Pace-Bell-Igcognito-Long-Barron--McMicheal------Holt
    -----------------------Bulger
    -----------------Leonard-----Jackson

That to me looks like a great offense.

We also have the option of bringing in Becht at tight end to block and create running lanes for Jackson and Bring in Dante Hall, Looker and Hagans for trick plays/or spread the field. Players like Dustin Fry and Adam Goldberg will provide good back up for the o-line. We also have Minor to come in for 3rd downs, even if it is only to block.

Am I getting carried away, or will anyone else be happy if we go into week 1 with that line up?
    Jackson would be on the other side of Bulger in a splitback, unless Leonard is our number one

That's obviously a good OL, but paying Jake like 30 million guaranteed to play OG just isn't smart. What if Pace is fine for the next few years? We pay a guy LT money to play guard? Who plays LDE next year? Hall is cut already and what if Leonard gets injured?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by helorm341 View Post
    That's obviously a good OL, but paying Jake like 30 million guaranteed to play OG just isn't smart. What if Pace is fine for the next few years? We pay a guy LT money to play guard? Who plays LDE next year? Hall is cut already and what if Leonard gets injured?
    But that's a pretty big IF, isn't it? We call Bulger and Pisa "injury-prone" and "brittle", but both have played more games than Pace the last two years.

And, IMO, Long beats out Barron for the RT position immediately. Then takes over at LT once Pace is done. But, let's assume the plan is to put him in at RG immediately. The Rams still wouldn't be paying him to play RG. They're paying him to take over at LT when Pace is done, and most likely to fill in when (hopefully not soon) gets injured.

Who plays DE next year if Leonard gets injured? Very valid question. However, I must also ask.......who plays OT if Pace gets injured?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

How much did the Raiders pay Quarterback Jamarcus Russell $32 million in guarantees, and what he do in his first year? Nothing. It's the business.

Bill Devaney said there are four key players that make up an offense. QB, go to WR, RB and blind side tackle. Without one you are done.

What if Pace is fine for the next few years?
    What IF he is not?

What if Jake Long beat out Barron and plays RT. And Marc has all day like Brady. SJ has a hole to run through.

When do we look, next year for Pace’s replacement, will Barron be the guy that anchors this O line in the future?

theodus69 is offline Registered User

I say we get Ryan right now!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding . i think J.Long would help alot and Barron would be B-Up for sure. the O-line is a great start and then work on the D-line!!!! And pick up that WR from i think Virginia, the sleeper on Charles' list from NFLN. He would be a great K-P returner right away.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

RANDYRAM Guest

you herd it here first Chris Johnson in 2 RB/WR/KR 4.24 SPEED KILLS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-12-2008, 04:59 PM