theodus69 Guest

Offense to better our defense?

You know this year our offensive line kinda really stunk. Now Pace and Barron are the bookends ,we all know that, Now if Cognito can get healed that would be a plus. Now What about the guards? Is Terrell coming around enough?, or not. Timmerman is on his last leg isn't he? So my thought is this. What if the Rams go O-line in the first round to shore up that line , because When the offense is on, the Opponent always has to play catch up and it Makes the Defense look so much better! Oh and maybe a new Running back. That or Jackson will improve with the middle intact. He just seemed to miss alot of holes. Maybe get some D-line in the later rounds for less money since we got all that dead weight money slowing us down( the 3 fat # 1's ) Next season could be a big turn around but I feel the Offensive picks good be our best defense.:clanram: Just my thought...let me have it!!

Milan Guest

Re: Offense to better our defense?

I'd use an o-lineman as a second pick, right now our defence needs some help. Plus our offense is doing well, with the running exception.

theodus69 Guest

Well I think that if there is a stud on the D-line fine,but if not go for the stud on O-line to start getting more protection for our QB. 3 first round busts , I'm not going D-line first round!

Milan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    Well I think that if there is a stud on the D-line fine,but if not go for the stud on O-line to start getting more protection for our QB. 3 first round busts , I'm not going D-line first round!
    I don't mean draft a D-lineman.

I mean a Defensive player, like AJ Hawk.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I think Incognito can be the key. If he's ready to be a starter next year, either at guard or center, the line should be pretty solid. Terrell is still raw but I think he has the tools to be a solid guard. McCollum still has a year left in him.

If there is a need to add a player for the interior, I'd look to free agency. Guards are never the most expensive players on the market (apart from Blue Chip guys, like Steve Hutchinson, who will likely be re-signed or franchised), and there probably will be a veteran or two who could fill the role while the young'ns develop.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

there probably will be a veteran or two who could fill the role while the young'ns develop.
    I'm hoping for the Patriots, Stephen Neal. He's the best FA guard not named Steve Hutchinson. Another outstanding lineman would be Saints C, LaCharles Bentley.

Between Bentley and Neal, I'd go after whoever doesn't get franchised.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

bruce_wannabe Guest

i think our line is fine as it is... incoginto will be a great backup and take over for mccollum.... barron and pace will be studs for the next 8 years....( pace is the new jackie slater) terrel has shown flashes that he can be a good player but just needs to cut down on the mental mistakes some.... timmerman has been banged up for like 3 years... give him the whole 6months off and watch out hes back to pro bowl form

theodus69 Guest

Well thanks for your thoughts on this. I still think an O-lineman via free agnecy or draft is a must. And also we need a real Tight-end. Manny basically sucks , I'm sorry but thats how I feel. Ernie , you got a younger clone brother?

SFCRamFan Guest

I agree that we need a tight end; not first round though. We never replaced Conwell and that has hurt us in the red zone. After watching last night's USC - Texas Game, I'll take that Texas tight end. He was clutch...

chiguy is offline Registered User

The only way that happens is if Ferguson drops and we move Pace for more picks. But that's not going to happen.

RamJackson39 Guest

I believe that one of the top 3 TEs could fall to us in the second round. Most likely Leonard Pope. He'd be a great TE and could be penciled in as the starter from day one.