LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Offensive Coordinator????

That is who we hire as the head coach??? Just please tell me he is getting one hell of defensive coordinator.

LET'S GO DODGERS

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Re: Offensive Coordinator????

We didn't hire him because he's offense or defense, we hired him because we believe he is the best HEAD COACHING candidate.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

tanus is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime
    That is who we hire as the head coach??? Just please tell me he is getting one hell of defensive coordinator.
    would a defensive minded head coach be excused from getting one hell of a defensive coordinator?

It just seems odd to me that we picked him. I would have prefered Rivera. I hope this guy does a great job and brings the team together. I really will just have to put the faith in the FO and beleive that this is the best man for the job. Anyone that takes this job has to have a great defensive coordinator u are right Tanus.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

And the complaints from know-it-all fans begin before the guy coaches his first game.

Will wonders never cease?

tanus is offline Registered User

It just seems odd to me that we picked him. I would have prefered Rivera. I hope this guy does a great job and brings the team together. I really will just have to put the faith in the FO and beleive that this is the best man for the job. Anyone that takes this job has to have a great defensive coordinator u are right Tanus.
    i was a little bit surprised at first that Linehan was the frontrunner, i'll admit. however, the more i read about him and his interview, the more i understood why. the man came prepared with ideas for the whole team, not just offense. part of it was bringing in a top notch defensive coordinator.

i think a lot of us, myself included, wanted a defensive minded head coach at first. some strayed from that while others have held firm to it. the defense just needs a top notch DC and we will be fine.

so all in all, i do agree with you that he needs to bring in a top notch DC and i believe he will.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Well, from the reports out there, both had great interviews, but Linehan had a more detailed and precise vision for the WHOLE team. I'm sure Linehan had the better O outlook, and I'm sure Rivera had the better D outlook.

However, if Linehan was the overall best, then he's gotta be the man.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

And the complaints from know-it-all fans begin before the guy coaches his first game.

Will wonders never cease?
    Know it all fans? Im so sick of your pompus attitude ferter. You are the biggest know it all on this board. You beleive if you printed it that it is right. You freak out whenever anyone questions your oh so powerful intelect?Because I diasagree with your pointless spouting makes me a know it all? Sorry I disagreed with your post about sb36 man. :moon: :moon:

I simply pointed out what alot of people feel. I know I am not the only one suprised we picked an offensive coordinator.
    LET'S GO DODGERS