Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BarronWade

Thread: Offensive Line?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Offensive Line?

I think were decent at the entire offensive line overview.

LT- I really like Rodger Saffold. So far, he's looked like the 2010 Saffold. Not giving up many pressures, he's held his guy pretty good. I think when he is healthy, we are set at this position.

LG - I don't think we have anybody here. Rok just isn't ready. I'd love to let him sit there and get the experience, but Sam will get MURDERED by seasons end. Ojinnaka is bad, and thats all we've got there.

C - I'm very happy with Scott Wells. Its a shame that he's out for at least 8 weeks. Robert Turner isn't bad, but it is a noticeable drop from a pro-bowler to career backup.

RG - Harvey Dahl is a beast. He wasn't great this past week, but if there is 1 guy not to question on this line, it's Dahl.

RT - Is rough but we can roll with Richardson for now. I liked the signing at the time, and he hasn't been horrible, but there is room for improvement.

One guy we should target?

LG, Jake Scott, (Former Titan for Fisher), now an FA. He is a solid LG and would fill in a HUGE hole for us. It allows Turner to grab C for now, and when Wells returns, we can have a pretty good offensive line.

In 8 years, he's only missed 4 games. He's started 124 games. 6'5, 292 lbs, and 31 years old. Here is a little something :

" Seeking more than the veteran minimum, free agent OG Jake Scott has turned down several offers from teams throughout the offseason and training camp."I'm not angry," said Scott. "This is my decision. It is a business and it is my decision not to be on a team right now." Scott started 121 consecutive games through 2011 and graded out as a top-10 guard by Pro Football Focus last season. Titans RG Leroy Harris, his replacement, was yanked late in the opener in favor of Kevin Matthews. "

- Rotoworld

A top 10 OG still on the market? Darn, I'd like to snag him up!
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -09-14-2012 at 01:59 AM.

THE DREAM TEAM

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

Re: Offensive Line?

surely Scott is worth a good look, we no doubt will have more injuries on the line at some point...

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Jake Scott has been a pretty good player & recently.Obviously, Fish liked him at one point. Didn't confirm it but I read on one blog that ProFootballFocus ranked him as the 9th best guard last year. It is odd that he hasn't, as far as I know, even talked with The Rams, never mind a mention,iirc, of him as a FA possibility earlier either on the board or in the press.

Something has to be off; either health, character, or money. I hope it's not the money. Hard to believe Demoff couldn't make it work if they really wanted the guy. If it's just this Logan's Run thing & the guy is what he looks like on paper, I'd be upset. Rok may be the future but Sam's health is now. McCollum & Nutten weren't spring chickens, either, were they ?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I'd be open to signing Scott just because it's another veteran presence on the line

Rambos is online now Registered User

Jake Scott seems like a no brainier not sure why they have not done that... Sosa my brother did you mean to say you did not like the signing at the time? You called him trash as I recall...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I was going to add an offensive line but didn't want to get any bad rep so I passed.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Yea Jake Scott would be a great decision...But why is the guy not signed yet he probably wants too much money and we are already paying Dahl and Wells good money I dont think we can afford another high salary interior lineman

Also I disagree i dont think we have a "decent" o-line "overview" what ever that means either u protect your QB and open lanes for your RB or you dont..

I completely agree with you on LT and RG position i think we have good starters for the next few years.

At LG i wish we had someone else definitely; agree with u on turner; disagree on wells idc how many pro bowls the guy has been to until he makes an impact for the rams i am not happy with it. also i think richardson is completely horrible i dont like how he is a starter for us and do not think we can roll with him now

Only 2 (maybe 3) out of 5 positions are solidified on this line (Saffold and Dahl; jury should still be out on Wells cuz if u cannot play u r making no impact obviously)
    Rambos likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Sosa my brother did you mean to say you did not like the signing at the time? You called him trash as I recall...
    Actually, not quite...

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Barry Richardson... finally. We were talking with him a few months back, love the addition. 4 year pro, 26 years old, and has played in 48 games. Thats nice depth! Not Quinn Ojinnaka.. Ironic that our backup RT has started more games than our starting RT.

Haggan is a nice vet, I wouldn't want him starting though. 2 more nice additions!
    Rams sign RT Richardson, LB Haggan
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Rambos is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Actually, not quite...

Rams sign RT Richardson, LB Haggan
    Well when I posted that he was pushing Smith... Sosa clearly though he was a scrub.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    What? Pushed? A guy that's getting paid $11 million dollars this year after being drafted #2 overall being replaced by the worst rated tackle in the entire NFL last year? To "push" him? Barry Richardson aint pushing anyone! When was the last time a player that was solid was getting "pushed" by his backup thats a scrub! You're missing a sense of urgency.
    Rams' Jason Smith, Barry Richardson battling

I just can recall some of the conversation I have... did not recall the signing post.

Just thought he may have meant something else....

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Well when I posted that he was pushing Smith... Sosa clearly though he was a scrub.

Rams' Jason Smith, Barry Richardson battling

I just can recall some of the conversation I have... did not recall the signing post.

Just thought he may have meant something else....
    At the time of signing, I liked the move. Thought he would make a nice backup or swing tackle. I didn't mean to shred Barry on the 2nd post, but he was rated the absolute DEAD LAST and WORST tackle in the entire NFL. So far, it hasn't been all terrible. Definitely could still be better though.

I wasn't really ragging on Richardson. I was just using him to display how bad J.Smith has been.
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -09-14-2012 at 08:09 PM.

THE DREAM TEAM