psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Offensive line info

Sept. 19, 2005

With Rex Tucker on the shelf for at least a couple of weeks with a calf injury, the Rams have begun working first-round pick Alex Barron at right tackle ó the position he is eventually expected to hold down for a long time to come, opposite Pro Bowl OLT Orlando Pace. But the way we hear it, it could be midseason at the earliest before Barron actually moves up the depth chart over Tucker, Blaine Saipaia and Matt Willig, in no particular order. If Saipaia, who did a decent job as the starting right tackle down the stretch last season, does only a so-so job in the starting role he has temporarily wrested away from the injured and ineffective Tucker, itís possible Barronís timetable could be accelerated. However, donít expect to see Barron starting any time soon. As a frame of reference, Pace didnít start at left tackle in his rookie campaign until Week Five. Also on the O-line front, we hear that fourth-round rookie Claude Terrell has started taking repetitions at right guard after previously working mostly on the left side.
    I dont know how well Claude Terrel will perform at RT
    He seems to me to be a natural guard.If it pans out then Maybe Rex Tucker could perform well at guard.

My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Re: Offensive line info

He seems to me to be a natural guard.If it pans out then Maybe Rex Tucker could perform well at guard.
    They're not playing him at tackle. They're playing him at right guard.

Anything less would be uncivilized.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Re: Offensive line info

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    we hear that fourth-round rookie Claude Terrell has started taking repetitions at right guard after previously working mostly on the left side.
    Confucius says what?
    This makes absolutely no since.
    RG? leftside? RT?