Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Official 2011 St. Louis Rams schedule

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Re: Official 2011 St. Louis Rams schedule

The schedule looks tough early and easier later in the year. The first 7 games are going to be tough. It might be tough to come out of the first seven games with more then two wins. The last nine games I like our chances of winning in all the games with the exception of the Steelers. My prediction as it stands now would be 8-8. That might be good enough to win the division again as well if we beat up on our division foes.

First seven games: (could be 2-5)
    Week 1: Eagles @ Rams
    Week 2: Rams @ Giants
    Week 3: Ravens @ Rams
    Week 4: Redskins @ Rams
    Week 6: Rams @ Packers
    Week 7: Rams @ Cowboys
    Week 8: Saints @ Rams

Last nine games: (6-3)
    Week 9: Rams @ Cardinals
    Week 10: Rams @ Browns
    Week 11: Seahawks @ Rams
    Week 12: Cardinals @ Rams
    Week 13: Rams @ *****
    Week 14: Rams @ Seahawks
    Week 15: Bengals @ Rams
    Week 16: Rams @ Steelers
    Week 17: ***** @ Rams

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

WOW ... 2nd Half of the schedule is gonna be key, we have to blitz our division to get 10 wins this year, if we can get through the first half at around .500 we have a good shot.

Exciting games though, cant wait.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

There is about 2 games in between each time we face the tards, hags, and whiners. So we should be pretty familiar with them so it could work out to our favor.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

How's the team doing for season ticket sales?

Because this is the kind of schedule that could be a literal franchise killer. A slow start is not going to bring people into the stadium and could very well drive off people. And this schedule makes a slow start seem very likely.

At least with the ridiculously backloaded division schedule the Rams should be in the hunt for a playoff spot until the end of the season.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

First seven games:
    Week 1: Eagles @ Rams (1-0)
    Week 2: Rams @ Giants (1-1)
    Week 3: Ravens @ Rams (1-2)
    Week 4: Redskins @ Rams (2-2)
    Week 6: Rams @ Packers (2-3)
    Week 7: Rams @ Cowboys (3-3)
    Week 8: Saints @ Rams (4-3)
    Week 9: Rams @ Cardinals (4-4)
    Week 10: Rams @ Browns (5-4)
    Week 11: Seahawks @ Rams (6-4)
    Week 12: Cardinals @ Rams (7-4)
    Week 13: Rams @ ***** (8-4)
    Week 14: Rams @ Seahawks (9-4)
    Week 15: Bengals @ Rams (9-5)
    Week 16: Rams @ Steelers (9-6)
    Week 17: ***** @ Rams (10-6)

(10-6) record from a slightly optimistic point of view, picked the Saints and Eagles as our big scalps. i think a 9-7 record should win this division.

Truth is offline Registered User

Tough schedule indeed. I think it's very odd that we don't face any division teams until week 9.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

This will be a test of attitude and determination. The first half will be ugly, so the guys will need to stay together and keep at it even though they're going to be lucky to win two games in the first half. They better tear up the second half.

Why are the Rams on two Monday night games?

This schedule is really strange..... no division opponents until late.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    This schedule is really strange..... no division opponents until late.
    The NFL really gave us a nice grace period during the 2010 season, I would've expected a rougher schedule this time around but I know we can rely on Spags to keep the motor of this team rolling. One year and an offseason ago, we were the worst of the worst, I'll expect some dark times to happen this season but let us not forget this'll be nothing compared to '07-'09. Just be fortunate we have the coach, the franchise QB, the adequate defense, General Devaney, Commander Kroenke, and a compassionate captain (Steven Jackson) to rally this football team around, and play some good football for years to come...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Every week is different, and every year is different.

Yes, if this were the 2010 schedule it would be hard. That's what happens when your the #2 team in a division. But this is 2011. Completely different season. Maybe those "tough" teams will still be in their 2010 form, maybe not. At the end of the day, maybe our strength of schedule is the highest in the league, maybe it's the lowest. Who knows?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

shower beers is offline Registered User

It will REALLY come down to our division games this year. As someone else previously mentioned, the rest of the NFC west is playing the same teams, with the only exception being the others drew different teams from the NFC North and South. And even though we drew the toughest from each conference (in my opinion), the others are no cake walks.

Luckily, we have two games in ohio this year, with one being the hall of fame game, and two games on monday night. I won't have to watch so many games on my computer this year.

edit: the nfl site has a really cool interactive schedule feature set up for every team, if you wanna check it out!
    Last edited by shower beers; -04-20-2011 at 10:05 AM.

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Has everyone forgot that we play in the NFC West, and that the three other teams play practically the same schedule as us? We'll be fine. and I LOVE the 2 MNF games!!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Two points:

1. As has been said, the rest of the division will be playing a very similar schedule, so the division winner may again be a near .500 team.

2. While I hate the notion, if there are games "lost" due to the lockout, it is better to have your tougher games up front.

HUbison's point is the key, though... If you saw Dallas, Cincinnati and Minnesota on the schedule last year, you would have said, "wow... tough stretch!"

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Here's my recap of the whole deal:

1. OBVIOUSLY a very tough schedule, but not as tough as it was, say , 2-3 years ago, when we were struggling to win a game!
    2. It's equally as tough for division rivals.
    3. Even though we play some tough teams, some of the tougher ones are at home, where we were at our best last year and that gives us more of a shot ( Ravens, Saints, Eagles).
    4, Superbowl champs @ Lambeau? Wow. But, as mentioned earlier, so does another division rival because the other two rivals will have them at their building. ( 2 play home and the other two play on the road). However, it wont be nearly as cold, and it may be for the other! Who knows!
    5. SOOO LUVVVIN the MNF coverage. As mentioned, we are turning the corner of being a legit contender and worthy of being watched and talked about as relevant.
    6. As mentioned, Spags knowing the NFC east should give us the edge in a lot of said games, regardless of location.
    7. Keep in mind that the better you place in your division, the tougher the schedule, so this is NOT REALLY A HUGE SURPRISE.
    8. It's good to know that, for the first time in 3 years, EVERY game is winnable, regardless of opponent.
    9. 10 wins this year, although not an exaggeration or farfetched story, is a bit of a stretch for me. I see 8 maybe. Remember that this is not as easy a schedule as it was last year, infact, it is very far from easy.It went from 26th easiest ( or so) to like first, in a matter of a year!!
    10. As we all said, getting off to a fast start is HUGE this time around. We do NOT want to start off like 0-3 or 0-4.
    11. It is INDEED INTERESTING to note that we dont play a D.R. until week 9. That is not exactly a recipe for a great start.
    12. It is ALSO INTERESTING to see how we play under a new O.C. and system, and a tougher schedule for us to adjust to the new system as opposed to an easy one.
    13. Last but certainly not least: WE WONT BE PLAYING A SINGLE ONE OF THESE GAMES UNLESS THERE IS A NEW CBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by rNemesis; -04-20-2011 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Point no. 13

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

That look's like a REALLY tough schedule. I'd be impressed if the guys are able to go 7-9 again next year.

LongBlood is offline Registered User

Going to lose the Phi game for sure.

vs the Giants hopefully those crappy WR's won't be on IR and can put up a fight (toss up game)

Balt can be beaten, and I think if the Rams load up on D, they can take this game in grind it out fashion.

Week 4 should beat Washington.

Dallas is always played tough, and the NFC East is by far the most over-rated division in Sports. If they can win both this game, and the one vs Balt those games they will be in great shape, even if the blow the game vs Washington.

Also, don't be surprised if the game vs Green Bay can be stolen either.

It looks tough, but based on where the games are, its do-able. Gotta try to get through those games with a 3-4 record, all really depends on those crappy WR's not being injured at the start of the season for the NYG game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast