Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Official 2011 St. Louis Rams schedule

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Official 2011 St. Louis Rams schedule

Quote Originally Posted by LongBlood View Post
    Going to lose the Phi game for sure.
    Really? Do you know next week's winning lottery numbers too?

Had the Rams played a home game against the Eagles in 2010, I would have said it would be a tough match-up, but that the Rams had a chance. Why should 2011 be worse/different?

vs the Giants hopefully those crappy WR's won't be on IR and can put up a fight (toss up game)
    Oh... I see... you're just a Debbie Downer, aren't you?
    C-Mob 71 and thermobee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    How's the team doing for season ticket sales?

Because this is the kind of schedule that could be a literal franchise killer. A slow start is not going to bring people into the stadium and could very well drive off people. And this schedule makes a slow start seem very likely.
    Oh, Peoria... you and your optimism. Must I remind everyone what you said when the 2010 Schedule was released?

Quote Originally Posted by pEEYOREiaRam
    Tell you what...the second I see tangible ON FIELD, IN GAME evidence that we are definitively on the right track I'll change my tune. Until then, my default assumption, born out by a whole lot of empirical evidence over the last 3 to 4 years, is that all we are doing is shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.
    So, I guess in your book +6 in the win column is not "tangible, on field, in game evidence that we are definitely on the right track"?
    C-Mob 71 and thickandthin like this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    And take off the Ryan Mathews jersey while you're at it. Or you can go back to the Chargers forums unless you're still waiting for an LA expansion team to come over and adopt you.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

M. Irvin dont think so! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Marshall Faulk said he believes we will go 10-6. I believe in our boys. A very tough schedule but were on the rise. With Sam at QB I feel confident in every game we go into. Lets not forget Spags is very familiar with the NFC East.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Oh, Peoria... you and your optimism. Must I remind everyone what you said when the 2010 Schedule was released?
    By franchise killer I meant, "Team has greater reason/excuse to leave St. Louis." Believe it or not, I like the Rams' chances to win the division, but if folks are taking a wait and see attitude towards buying tickets again, a frontloaded schedule does not bode well. An 0-3 and 2-5 start does seem pretty reasonable looking at the schedule, and folks in St. Louis might not bother to notice that the Rams would be still very much alive (possibly in the driver's seat even, as crazy as that sounds) for a division title. That's why I was wondering about season ticket sales. If those go up, then the team can better weather folks choosing to not go to games.

So, I guess in your book +6 in the win column is not "tangible, on field, in game evidence that we are definitely on the right track"?
    I also noticed the coaching staff costing the team multiple games and by extension a playoff spot this past season. The front office may be making progress, but then again, +6 could also simply be a function of a very weak schedule and the team adding Bradford. Hopefully the McDaniels hire means they realized you need to score and keep scoring to win in the 21st Century NFL. We'll see what happens at the end of the year.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Are you freaking kidding me???? Concede the game as soon as the schedule comes out???

Here's what I want you to do.....locate the nearest window. Open the window. Throw that crack pipe out the window. Quit smoking that stuff - it makes you post stupid stuff.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I will bet we win the Philly game. They are so overrated. Blitz Vick with Bartell and make him scramble to his right side. Bartell is the most underrated speed player on our team. Lets not forget he chased down Jamaal Charles this past year and Michael "The Burner?" Turner 2 years ago. He will get Vick on the floor. And there horrific defense? Don't get me started. I will put my money on our team because no-one is stopping Sam Bradford and Steven Jackson!

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Two Monday Night Games! Respect Is Right Around The Corner! Go Rams!

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Oh crud, my buddy has two tickets for me for the Pittsburgh game the day before Christmas. I wanted to drive to Michigan to see some old friends too. This will cost some serious "wifey" points! (good thing we went to Tampa last year!)
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    I also noticed the coaching staff costing the team multiple games and by extension a playoff spot this past season. The front office may be making progress, but then again, +6 could also simply be a function of a very weak schedule and the team adding Bradford. Hopefully the McDaniels hire means they realized you need to score and keep scoring to win in the 21st Century NFL. We'll see what happens at the end of the year.
    Three words dude... EXTRA STRENGTH ZOLOFT.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Seriously how do you start first thing by saying we are going to lose....

I think we have a good chance at that game as of now.

You are predicting loses before they have even drafted any new players not to mention the fact we haven't seen any preseason games yet so how are you basing your judgement?

O on our last years record? Well consider we will have new people coming in and the fact that we have a completely different offensive coordinator....

ramon is offline Registered User

Kind of liked the 2011 Rams Schedule, so many cool teams to beat, the champs!, new Orleans, steelers, giants, cowboys. I really hope that theres a 2011 season after all, and our rams show they best version. Last season was kind of frustrating, cause I believe we were not aggressive enough.

LongBlood is offline Registered User

always nice to see a mod start name calling. Well now that I've seen this, don't worry I will reply to everyone that has their PANTIES UP IN BUNCH!

LongBlood is offline Registered User

SJacksonrules first. Seriously...best the teams in the league tend to be what, 10-6 with their record. Yes? That means there's going to be a several losses for EVER THE BEST teams, when forecasting, can't predict record breaking 120 degree heat during winter months now right? Opening game, your talking about new people being brought (and even a new offense being installed, further behind!), the draft etc...the rookies that are brought in are expected to be further behind than rookies typically just because of the present situation. What I'm basing it on, is where the teams are right now and where I expect them to be at opening day. With the lose of Shumur you still think we have a good chance to compete with Phi on opening day? I said when the Rams lost him, that is going to be a HUGE blow for this team, and I still stand by that.

AlphaRam next, like I said above the best teams in the league tend to have a 10-6 record. If people are willing to predict wins, then why is so absurd that people project loses as well. Seriously, sounds like ya got the crack pipe around here. Or are you just an eternal optimist that has no grasp of reality. I'd say something for you to do, but eh, I kinda feel bad for you. AlphaRam, kinda seem more like a PeasantRam to me.

Fliptalianstation 3rd. How about I don't change the pic? Oh wait, I'm not looking for approval (by the way, I love that he went to SD, as now the local college has tapped into getting players from San Diego, great great press for him going their from Fresno State!!!). You got some sort of complex that everyone has to appease you? Good luck with that. And by the way, yes...I am waiting for a team to come to LA so I can ADOPT THEM. My prob. with SD, is I'm an LA fan, dodgers, lakers, so when a new team comes, I'd just hate to jump ship AGAIN. I didn't leave my team, my team left me because of that DEAD WOMAN!

AvengerRam. I don't foresee lottery numbers. You are confused about my ability. I'll tell you this. Pia Tiscano will have a more successful singing career than whoever wins American Idol this year. I'll also tell you, since you apparently want to improve your financial situation maybe you should look into buying some rookie cards of a certain running back that went in the first round to the Chargers last year. The price is fairly low, and given him knowing what the NFL is like I can only see them on the rise over the next year or two, with the downside being minimal really. Its kinda like buying stock cheap, you should look into that. And by the way, I was totally a Debbie Downer when I told several of my friends 4 years ago that they were nuts for buying houses at that time. Now I'm thinking is a good time to buy one, I just wish there were some for sale. haha.

And with that I'm done with this stupidity. If ya'll want to blow smoke each others rear end have it.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

It's just kind of hard to take you, as a Rams fan, seriously with a Chargers jersey as your avatar.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast