Thread: Official 2011 St. Louis Rams schedule

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Official 2011 St. Louis Rams schedule

Bottom line.......

The schedule looks tough on "paper".

GO RAMS!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

If you look at the schedules of the division, the real picture emerges.
    • Each team plays 6 games in the division.
    • Each team plays the entire NFC East (2 at home, 2 on road)
    • Each team plays the entire AFC North (2 at home, 2 on road)
    That leaves two games. The first is against the NFC South team that finished in the same spot in their division last year (all 4 are home games for NFC West):

Seahawks (1) vs. Falcons (1)
    Rams (2) vs. Saints (2)
    Niners (3) vs. Bucs (3)
    Cardinals (4) vs. Panthers (4)

The only team with a real advantage there is Arizona, as it is unlikely that the Panthers will be an above .500 team. The other three... who knows? I could see any of those three teams winning the NFC South.

The final game is against the NFC North team that finished in the same spot in their division (all four are road games for NFC West)

Seahawks (1) @ Bears (1)
    Rams (2) at Packers (2)
    Niners (3) at Lions (3)
    Cardinals (4) at Vikings (4)

Here, there is not a clear advantage. Certainly, the Rams will have a tough time winning in Green Bay, but (at this moment) would you pick any of the other NFC West teams to win their games on the road?

So, yes... the Rams have a tough schedule, but so does the rest of the division.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LongBlood View Post
    SJacksonrules first. Seriously...best the teams in the league tend to be what, 10-6 with their record. Yes? That means there's going to be a several losses for EVER THE BEST teams, when forecasting, can't predict record breaking 120 degree heat during winter months now right? Opening game, your talking about new people being brought (and even a new offense being installed, further behind!), the draft etc...the rookies that are brought in are expected to be further behind than rookies typically just because of the present situation. What I'm basing it on, is where the teams are right now and where I expect them to be at opening day. With the lose of Shumur you still think we have a good chance to compete with Phi on opening day? I said when the Rams lost him, that is going to be a HUGE blow for this team, and I still stand by that.

You sir need to be locked up in a mental institution. You say your a "rams fan" but also say you are jumping ship as soon as there is a LA team again. So you really aren't a rams fan you are just in love with LA. Shurmur was not a huge loss to this team had he not left he would have been fired anyways...

Look at the Eagles losses and near losses last year and you can clearly see they can be beaten by just a average team.

PHI 35 @ DET 32 they barely won that game
    WAS 17 @ PHI 12 a team we have beaten 2 of the last three times
    PHI 27 @ SF 24 barely escaped a win here
    PHI 19 @ TEN 37 all I can say is wow here
    PHI 26 @ CHI 31 I consider bears to be a average team
    PHI 30 @ DAL 27 they barely won that game and kitna was at QB
    MIN 24 @ PHI 14 they lost here without favre at QB
    DAL 14 @ PHI 13 again another loss to kitna

So as you can see it doesn't take a elite team to beat them. I would say we have a fair chance at it. You simply stated they it was a automatic loss and that isn't the case. Whenever you come up with some better evidence to support your case then what you have presented let me know because your argument is weak at best. You are basing judgement on a team you haven't see hit the field. I am giving them a chance because I haven't seen what they can do yet you are just writing them off.

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    As of this time, I plan to go to the game versus the Egals in STL and the game versus the Cowgirls in Dallas.
    If things go as planned we will need to try and meet up...
    This space for rent...

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Losing ButterPat Shurmur was a huge blow ?! Especially when he was replaced by wunderkind McD, I think that's a tough argument to substantiate in theory, anyway.

Thwap...thwap...thwap....that's the sound of a chortling Holmgren's belly smacking Shurmur in the face as he polishes Mike's...um....shoes.

I've no idea whether to classify this schedule as harder or easier than last year's. The structure is intriguing with the division games bunched in the second half. Could work for or agin' The Rams. No matter what additions are made to The Rams, I have a hard time believing they will be deep enough to remain competitive if there are a few key injuries in that stretch from Halloween to turkey day.But the same is true for the rest of the NFCW.

I like that they have 3 of the first four at home but I don't like the early-ish bye week.

I'm excited to see The Rams getting national tv exposure but I think people may be inferring a little too much respect from it. It has as much to do with the popularity of the opponents as it does any expectation that The Rams are now genuine contenders,imo. If you're of an anti-owner frame of mind, you might even surmise that it's punishment for the folks who cooperated with the embarrassing revelations about the TV deals."Air our dirty laundry,huh?!...OK, here's a few small market teams in primetime slots; let's see how many advertising dollars you get...heheheh."

rampower is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    As of this time, I plan to go to the game versus the Egals in STL and the game versus the Cowgirls in Dallas.
    as it stands I will be going to Dallas for the game, with my wife. As the dates stand.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I didn't leave my team, my team left me because of that DEAD WOMAN!
    No team left you to begin with bub, you left the team. And who's the dead woman, Georgia Frontiere? Many of us know damn well that she is a flawed owner and I'm guessing you think of highly of her despite the fact that she ran this franchise down to the ground along with Martz, Zygmunt, Shaw, and Linehan? And awhile back, you were throwing tantrums on how Devaney, Spags, and Rosenbloom (now Kroenke) were managing the situation after going 1-15 but they've picked up the pieces that should and will bring success to the future.

Your lack of faith on this new regime is quite rough on the edges and my problem with you comes upon making black and white presumptions that the Eagles are going to stomp on us without even looking at reference to last season's results on both teams and sjacksonrules's statements as well as our own team's improvement shows that there's a brink of hope beating juggernaut teams.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

AvengerRam. I don't foresee lottery numbers. You are confused about my ability. I'll tell you this. Pia Tiscano will have a more successful singing career than whoever wins American Idol this year.
    Who? Is that show still on TV?

I'll also tell you, since you apparently want to improve your financial situation maybe you should look into buying some rookie cards of a certain running back that went in the first round to the Chargers last year. The price is fairly low, and given him knowing what the NFL is like I can only see them on the rise over the next year or two, with the downside being minimal really.
    I used to collect football cards in the hope that they would appreciate in value. Then I turned 13.

And by the way, I was totally a Debbie Downer when I told several of my friends 4 years ago that they were nuts for buying houses at that time. Now I'm thinking is a good time to buy one, I just wish there were some for sale. haha.
    Was that supposed to be relevant?

And with that I'm done with this stupidity.
    Are you sure about that?

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I just noticed that during the 2008 season, we also faced the Eagles and the Giants in that respective order. The only difference is that the Eagles were at the road and that Giants were at home and now it's vice versa this season.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

SJacksonrules first. Seriously...best the teams in the league tend to be what, 10-6 with their record. Yes? That means there's going to be a several losses for EVER THE BEST teams, when forecasting, can't predict record breaking 120 degree heat during winter months now right? Opening game, your talking about new people being brought (and even a new offense being installed, further behind!), the draft etc...the rookies that are brought in are expected to be further behind than rookies typically just because of the present situation. What I'm basing it on, is where the teams are right now and where I expect them to be at opening day. With the lose of Shumur you still think we have a good chance to compete with Phi on opening day? I said when the Rams lost him, that is going to be a HUGE blow for this team, and I still stand by that.

AlphaRam next, like I said above the best teams in the league tend to have a 10-6 record. If people are willing to predict wins, then why is so absurd that people project loses as well. Seriously, sounds like ya got the crack pipe around here. Or are you just an eternal optimist that has no grasp of reality. I'd say something for you to do, but eh, I kinda feel bad for you. AlphaRam, kinda seem more like a PeasantRam to me.

Fliptalianstation 3rd. How about I don't change the pic? Oh wait, I'm not looking for approval (by the way, I love that he went to SD, as now the local college has tapped into getting players from San Diego, great great press for him going their from Fresno State!!!). You got some sort of complex that everyone has to appease you? Good luck with that. And by the way, yes...I am waiting for a team to come to LA so I can ADOPT THEM. My prob. with SD, is I'm an LA fan, dodgers, lakers, so when a new team comes, I'd just hate to jump ship AGAIN. I didn't leave my team, my team left me because of that DEAD WOMAN!

AvengerRam. I don't foresee lottery numbers. You are confused about my ability. I'll tell you this. Pia Tiscano will have a more successful singing career than whoever wins American Idol this year. I'll also tell you, since you apparently want to improve your financial situation maybe you should look into buying some rookie cards of a certain running back that went in the first round to the Chargers last year. The price is fairly low, and given him knowing what the NFL is like I can only see them on the rise over the next year or two, with the downside being minimal really. Its kinda like buying stock cheap, you should look into that. And by the way, I was totally a Debbie Downer when I told several of my friends 4 years ago that they were nuts for buying houses at that time. Now I'm thinking is a good time to buy one, I just wish there were some for sale. haha.

And with that I'm done with this stupidity. If ya'll want to blow smoke each others rear end have it.

Last edited by Fettmaster; -04-22-2011 at 02:51 AM. Reason: figured it out :)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234