Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

Official apology to Bradford

I only feel it fair to make a thread and Eat my pride..
    I was a Suh supporter all the way through the draft and I felt like the Rams slipped up when we drafted Bradford.. Not that my apology is really any kind of imprtant factor to anything but I only felt he has proven me wrong to the point that I needed to respect his ability in someway.. So I am offically on the Bradford train and find being sufficiantly proven wrong by his play to be the most delightful apology I have had to give

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Re: Official apology to Bradford

You and me both, In fact I owe JL an apology also. This is why we have pro's and I'm just a fan. We are two players from having a spectacular team. A playmaker at wideout, and a great backup RB, guess Westbrook wishes he would have come to the Rams LOL

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    You and me both, In fact I owe JL an apology also. This is why we have pro's and I'm just a fan. We are two players from having a spectacular team. A playmaker at wideout, and a great backup RB, guess Westbrook wishes he would have come to the Rams LOL
    HAHA just remembered about that... Westbrook can suck it now that punk loser who wanted to "win".... he hasn't even touched the ball yet and he is 0-4.. punk!

tmbkb8 is offline Registered User

It takes a big man to admit their draft mistakes and I applaud that. You are bigger men than Todd McShay.

dex26 is offline Registered User

I was hoping the Rams would take Bradford all along. Glad my lions took Suh. Should be a fun rematch. Suh vs. Bradford.

3 sacks so far for the rookie DT. So far so good.

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

I always thought those who were SUh guys were off base not because he isn't a great player, just that Sam also is and plays a far more valuable position, one worth the salary if he really makes it big.
    Barry Waller

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dex26 View Post
    3 sacks so far for the rookie DT. So far so good.
    As good as that is, the Lions' defense hasn't allowed less than 19 points, while the equally, if not more, maligned Rams' defense hasn't allowed more than 17. He might be making tackles and getting to the QB, but he isn't getting the defense off the field, apparently.

I would even go on to say that Bradford is actually doing a better job at keeping the Rams' defense off the field and keeping opponents' scores low than Suh is right now. Just sayin...
    I believe!

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

i felt that with the shoulder injury and all the hype about a player like Suh coming around every ten years, that Rams were making a HUGE mistake. i still had reservations coming and going, but now I am convinced WE HAVE THE REAL DEAL!!!!

I just hope we can protect our $50million dollar investment.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

dex26 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    As good as that is, the Lions' defense hasn't allowed less than 19 points, while the equally, if not more, maligned Rams' defense hasn't allowed more than 17. He might be making tackles and getting to the QB, but he isn't getting the defense off the field, apparently.

I would even go on to say that Bradford is actually doing a better job at keeping the Rams' defense off the field and keeping opponents' scores low than Suh is right now. Just sayin...

It takes time. 2 years ago the lions were worse than a expansion team. Right now the lions are very very weak in the back 7 while the d-line is the strength of the defense.

The drafts are setting up very nicely for the lions though. This coming draft it is loaded with elite CBs. I see the lions taking Pat Peterson.
    Last edited by dex26; -10-04-2010 at 11:27 PM.

svh01 is offline Registered User

I was a Suh supporter too. Not that I didn't think Bradford was a good QB, but my thought is that Spags is a defensive coach, so we turn it around faster that way. Like the Jets did. Plus I thought we could get a good QB in round 2. So far Sam is the man.

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

Suh is already doing great, so he will be a star. But so will Bradford, and I think QB is more important so luckily we made the right choice for us.

Lion fans have to be excited with Suh also.

helorm341 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    HAHA just remembered about that... Westbrook can suck it now that punk loser who wanted to "win".... he hasn't even touched the ball yet and he is 0-4.. punk!
    May be a blessing in disguise. Westbrook could be totally washed up. Toston and Darby haven't been half bad so far. Not saying they're the answer for the future, but I think they've done better then everyone thought

Suh is already doing great, so he will be a star. But so will Bradford, and I think QB is more important so luckily we made the right choice for us.

Lion fans have to be excited with Suh also.

Yeah, I think we will both be very happy with our picks. I don't think Stafford is gonna be a great NFL QB, so they may need to be drafting another one of those in a few years.

Sam is already so advanced he is helping us win games. If he continues this progression and lives up to his hype, Suh can be the greatest DT ever and it won't matter.

MACD is offline Registered User

^ Nice post!

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by helorm341 View Post
    Sam is already so advanced he is helping us win games. If he continues this progression and lives up to his hype, Suh can be the greatest DT ever and it won't matter.
    These are my thoughts. This isn't like Sanchez last year where the Jets did everything possible to make sure Sanchez either didn't get the ball, or wasn't allowed to do anything big with it. After only four, FOUR, games Bradford has been the keys to call audibles and make a pretty large amount of down field throws. He has made a few mistakes, but if you ask me, considerably fewer than you would expect from a rookie with that much freedom.

It is very easy to forget that Bradford is a rookie when watching him. I think that has as much to do with his work ethic and determination as anything. This is a guy who, after a win where he throws for almost 300 yards and 2 touchdowns, says he has to play better. A good game isn't good enough for him.

Bradford is a big part of our last two wins. Not to take anything away from the defense, who have played out of their mind, especially in the 2nd half. Bradford has helped keep the defense off the field much more than our offense did in years past. I can't wait to see what this kid can do once he finds his groove.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bigtiger737 View Post
    I only feel it fair to make a thread and Eat my pride..
    I was a Suh supporter all the way through the draft and I felt like the Rams slipped up when we drafted Bradford.. Not that my apology is really any kind of imprtant factor to anything but I only felt he has proven me wrong to the point that I needed to respect his ability in someway.. So I am offically on the Bradford train and find being sufficiantly proven wrong by his play to be the most delightful apology I have had to give
    I was with you on Suh; Bradford's injury history just had me too concerned. I think we can safely say that we're both very happy that Sam is proving us wrong, because it means the Rams have their franchise quarterback!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    I always thought those who were SUh guys were off base not because he isn't a great player, just that Sam also is and plays a far more valuable position, one worth the salary if he really makes it big.
    Barry, the discussions were rarely, "I think both will be great but I'll take the DT." I think the reason people advocated for Suh was they felt more confident that he'd be great than Sam would. Both seem to be off to a great start though, and I think many of us Suh advocates are among the happiest to see Sam doing so well.

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    As good as that is, the Lions' defense hasn't allowed less than 19 points, while the equally, if not more, maligned Rams' defense hasn't allowed more than 17.
    Valid point, but one has to consider the competition each team has faced through four weeks when drawing comparisons, right?

The Rams defense has looked very good overall through the first quarter of the season, but I think it's fair to point out the Lions have faced tougher offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    These are my thoughts. This isn't like Sanchez last year where the Jets did everything possible to make sure Sanchez either didn't get the ball, or wasn't allowed to do anything big with it. After only four, FOUR, games Bradford has been the keys to call audibles and make a pretty large amount of down field throws. He has made a few mistakes, but if you ask me, considerably fewer than you would expect from a rookie with that much freedom.

It is very easy to forget that Bradford is a rookie when watching him. I think that has as much to do with his work ethic and determination as anything. This is a guy who, after a win where he throws for almost 300 yards and 2 touchdowns, says he has to play better. A good game isn't good enough for him.

Bradford is a big part of our last two wins. Not to take anything away from the defense, who have played out of their mind, especially in the 2nd half. Bradford has helped keep the defense off the field much more than our offense did in years past. I can't wait to see what this kid can do once he finds his groove.
    You make some very good points about Bradford being trusted to perform within the offense rather than be protected or coddled by it. And it is easy to forget he's a rookie because he's playing very well and expectations for his play continue to rise due to that.

But regarding the downfield throws, I'd point out that through four games, Bradford has only attempted six passes beyond 20 yards (representing 3.7% of his throws). That's not a very large amount. To give you a comparison, 10.7% of Mark Sanchez's pass attempts last year were beyond the 20-yard mark.

It'll be interesting to see where Sam finishes at the end of this year. Will the offense open up as he gets more comfortable, or are the lack of downfield passes more of a product of the scheme or the personnel at receiver? Whatever the cause, this is one area of the offense that I'd like to see more of.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast