Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree410Likes

Thread: The Official Michael Sam "Off-the-Field" Thread

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: The Official Michael Sam "Off-the-Field" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    But what do we know of God, if not from the Bible?Why does God make heterosexuals, if only to punish the adulterous?
    Why does God make people angry, if only to punish those who are quick to anger?
    Why does God make people with a propensity for alcoholism, if only to punish them for drunkenness?
    Why does God make liars, if only to punish them for lying?
    Why does God make hateful people, if only to punish them for being hateful?
    And... gosh darn it... whid did God make mosquitoes, hayfeaver and the Kardashians!?!?!?!
    bruce4life likes this.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    And... gosh darn it... whid did God make mosquitoes, hayfeaver and the Kardashians!?!?!?!
    Why do birds suddenly appear.....everytime....you are near?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    I've edited this post to make a point. You have an outdated view on this, and it's lucky that people like you are becoming a thing of the past.

You have an outdated and hurtful view on this, much like people had when African American's starting having rights.

Also, think you can cheer for a different team? Maybe the whiners? You know, take your hate speak to another market?

He has every right to be here, every right to cheer for the team and every right to feel the way he does, because that is how real diversity works. If we don't tolerate different opinions, even if you view them as hateful opinions, then we really tolerate nothing at all. The ability of (for example) a racist to speak their mind allows for the debate on race in the first place. Just imagine what would have happened if in the 1940s and 50s the majority had not allowed those with differing opinions on race to speak their mind? The discussion would have never happened in the first place.

As I said, he has every right to be here and to say (in this thread where the topic is free to be spoken of without derailing other topics) what he feels and believes. The superiority of this forum is that it allows the discussion and free exchange of ideas rather than crushing anyone who dares to speak their mind. This entire thread is a beautiful testament to the right of the minority to speak their mind and the right of the majority to attempt to change it.
    RealRam likes this.
    "I've been saving the Universe for over a thousand years. I figure it owes me just this once."

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Why do birds suddenly appear.....everytime....you are near?
    A song made popular by The Carpenters... and Jesus was a carpenter... so....

Wait, what is this thread about again?

Unspoken is offline Registered User

The only thing that really bothers me is that on the Rams Pro Shop page, Sam's jersey is at the top. I really think that is a huge slap in the face to Robinson and Donald. I have not looked lately, but I hope they have changed it.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Quote Originally Posted by Unspoken View Post
    The only thing that really bothers me is that on the Rams Pro Shop page, Sam's jersey is at the top. I really think that is a huge slap in the face to Robinson and Donald. I have not looked lately, but I hope they have changed it.
    I don't view it as a slap in the face to Robinson and Donald. Sam's jersey is the second hottest item on the entire NFL Shop, let alone the team shop. The Rams would be smart to put a very highly sought after item front and center for visitors to find.
    Rambos and FestusRam like this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    I've edited this post to make a point. You have an outdated view on this, and it's lucky that people like you are becoming a thing of the past.

You have an outdated and hurtful view on this, much like people had when African American's starting having rights.

Also, think you can cheer for a different team? Maybe the whiners? You know, take your hate speak to another market?
    LOL! Funny that you chose the 49 ninnies from S.F. ...I had already posted that I wish MSam had been drafted by them.

As for being 'outdated', there have been people throughout millennia that label the ways of the Lord as passť and impractical. Not surprisingly, they are the ever popular "majority".

You think I'd be surprised if next year's NFL Draft brings on another openly gay player or two? And a few more the following year? That I would be surprised if more and more gay people join the sportscasters teams whether in the NFLN or the rest of the sports leagues, pro or collegiate? It's akin to a lawn weed that invades a large yard of nice, green grass; one unwanted plant here, another there, another over there.

Eventually, the unwanted plants take over and the former lawn is transformed into a very different yard which, actually, establishes itself as the norm.

That is, after all, why all this degradation is part of 'The Signs of The Times' as viewed in Christian prophecy, including the warnings of Christ himself.

"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place." - Mahatma Gandhi

I'm not doubting MSam makes it in the NFL, whether by forming part of the Rams roster or elsewhere. And if he doesn't, some other like him will.

But people like you are quick to insist (despite my clarifications) that it is a matter of 'hatred', when it is what the individual stands for, lifestyle in particular, that some of us, including Christians, reject and despise, i.e., NOT the person him/her self.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I don't view it as a slap in the face to Robinson and Donald. Sam's jersey is the second hottest item on the entire NFL Shop, let alone the team shop. The Rams would be smart to put a very highly sought after item front and center for visitors to find.
    I read his jersey sales where on pace to pay his salary and that was supposed to have happen by last Friday! Hard to knock them for making a popular items visible. I think most Rams fan will wait to he make the teams first then buy it!

BlueTalon is offline Registered User

If he was smart (not saying he isn't), he'd capitalize on this opportunity. If it were me, I'd have my agent work out some deals with T-shirt makers and whatever else.

It might be construed as a distraction, but it's sort of a fire-and-forget distraction, as opposed to what the ongoing distraction of a reality show would be.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Exactly.

NFL teams and their owners didn't get to their billion dollar net worth status by not maximizing profits at every opportunity.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    But people like you are quick to insist (despite my clarifications) that it is a matter of 'hatred', when it is what the individual stands for, lifestyle in particular, that some of us, including Christians, reject and despise, i.e., NOT the person him/her self.
    Going by your comments throughout this thread, I reject your lifestyle. Too much hatred and nastiness for my liking. I don't despise it though, because I don't care about it enough to go to the effort of despising or hating it.

Again I have to wonder why you care so much.

Seems to me that Michael Sam comes out, shares how he loves another man, empowers others to do the same, and essentially helping love blossom in areas where it would otherwise be hidden, while you spout and preach hateful comments about rejecting and despising his lifestyle. Isn't religion supposed to improve the world? And yet you preach hate and try to stop love. Sounds awful to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk247 View Post
    Going by your comments throughout this thread, I reject your lifestyle. Too much hatred and nastiness for my liking. I don't despise it though, because I don't care about it enough to go to the effort of despising or hating it.

Again I have to wonder why you care so much.

Seems to me that Michael Sam comes out, shares how he loves another man, empowers others to do the same, and essentially helping love blossom in areas where it would otherwise be hidden, while you spout and preach hateful comments about rejecting and despising his lifestyle. Isn't religion supposed to improve the world? And yet you preach hate and try to stop love. Sounds awful to me.
    How conveniently you structure your words T247. It's like hanging on to on argument only because you want to, not because you can sustain it.

Twice, thrice, I've said that though I reject MSams lifestyle or gay ways, it does not automatically reflect hatred of the individual. I've also posted a few times that I've gotten along fine with the several gay people I worked with for years at different workplaces - that I've helped them as they have helped me. That I enjoy some songs written by gays (including in Spanish).

That I "try to stop love" ?!?!?

Come, come now. I've even posted the famous summary of love immortalized in Mt. 22:36-40...

Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?’

Jesus replied: '"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: "Love your neighbour as yourself." All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.'
    Obviously, there is plenty of provision in the rest of scripture for people that one could, and should, REJECT by virtue of common sense, including the fact that some people, alas, in effect, reject the ways of the Lord directly and shamelessly, some through crime. Too bad.

But I believe in love. My wife, my children; good people wherever they may be, especially the decent, kind hearted ones.

My belief of love doesn't necessarily match verbatim the Don Williams song below but it pretty much encompasses my sentiments. I hope you'll play the video.

I may get along with gay people but that will never mean I support what they represent, even as a member as the STL Rams. I don't think anybody here 'supports' every single Ram player that ever made the roster. A few of them were just a bad apple, some people call them cancerous tumors. Malefactors, etc. Some get a 2nd, 3rd chance -- some get to stay in jail.

MSam seems to be a good guy, we don't really know of course. But I don't support him.

"...I like to think that God is love ... I believe in children ... I believe in babies."

Christian believer Steven Johnson of the Denver Broncos at 'Praise with the Pros', an annual event hosted by Woodmen Valley Church in conjunction with a football camp for kids ages 7 to 14. - Aug., 2013

Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.' Mt. 19:14

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Did Jesus ever say anything about gay people?
    Nick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil disco man View Post
    Did Jesus ever say anything about gay people?
    No, EDM. There's nothing in the N.T. quoting Jesus on those kind of people.

Wrong, sin and evil have so many hues and categories (how many big books on jurisprudence, comparative law, interpretivism, legal philosophy etc. 3x must be written / published so far).

But as putting the universe on a grain of sand, these books mainly revert to ... wrong, sin and evil.

RealRam...

How many people have to tell you that they perceive hatred in your words before you look inward and consider the possibility that you are not expressing yourself effectively?
    ramsbruce likes this.