Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree410Likes

Thread: The Official Michael Sam "Off-the-Field" Thread

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Re: The Official Michael Sam "Off-the-Field" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm a fan of the Trinity as well...

...come on, we need some more levity in this thread!
    Sigh.

I'm so sick of people trying to ram DC comics down my throat. I've been around a lot of comic fans who were also DC enthusiasts and I get along with them just fine but as a Marvel man I can respect you as a person but I totally reject, with utter contempt, this product which I feel is inferior.

When I see a Batman or Superman trailer it makes me sick to my stomach. Everywhere I go I see kids reading DC comics in the streets and I seriously wonder what is wrong with this country that we would allow such a thing. Not a great sign for the future.

I recognize your contributions as a Mod but I can no longer support you. I'll just ignore your posts and hope you move on to another board.
    Nick, MauiRam, r8rh8rmike and 3 others like this.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

This has been a very revealing thread in many different ways.

I have a couple of simple questions for you RealRam. Could you explain to me why a flower has its scent, or a bird its song? I'd like to hear your take on that .. Thanks ..

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Yes he did, if you believe the bible is the word of god.

The Apostles and the prophets were the Word of God. When we read these words, we are listening not to the voice of man, but to the voice of God.
    Well, if you want to start cherry-picking what you like from the Old Testament, then maybe we should start stoning adulterers, cutting out the tongues of liars, and cutting off the hands of thieves again.

EDIT: I realize now that he was quoting NT... in any case, Jesus has yet to be quoted on the issue. As big a deal as it seems to be for some Christians, you'd think he might've said something. Seemed to care more about loving thy neighbor, for whatever reason...
    Last edited by evil disco man; -05-24-2014 at 01:30 AM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post

Sigh.

I'm so sick of people trying to ram DC comics down my throat. I've been around a lot of comic fans who were also DC enthusiasts and I get along with them just fine but as a Marvel man I can respect you as a person but I totally reject, with utter contempt, this product which I feel is inferior.

When I see a Batman or Superman trailer it makes me sick to my stomach. Everywhere I go I see kids reading DC comics in the streets and I seriously wonder what is wrong with this country that we would allow such a thing. Not a great sign for the future.

I recognize your contributions as a Mod but I can no longer support you. I'll just ignore your posts and hope you move on to another board.
    Herophobe?

Wrong, sin and evil have so many hues and categories (how many big books on jurisprudence, comparative law, interpretivism, legal philosophy etc. 3x must be written / published so far).
    Here's my thing with you Jorge...

Why is it, that out of all the thousands of sins available, you seem to focus on this one the most?
    ramsbruce and SimSportPl like this.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Nothing divides people faster then religion and politics. I want to come here to talk about football, not god, the bible, sin, old testament, new testament, whatever testament, Christians are right, they're not...blah, blah, blah.... If drafting Sam has created this much anomosity amongst fans because of religious and personal views, imagine what the locker room could be like. Give it a rest already and close this thread.
    live4ramin and BIG-BLUE like this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Nothing divides people faster then religion and politics. I want to come here to talk about football, not god, the bible, sin, old testament, new testament, whatever testament, Christians are right, they're not...blah, blah, blah.... If drafting Sam has created this much anomosity amongst fans because of religious and personal views, imagine what the locker room could be like. Give it a rest already and close this thread.
    That's only if they choose to take it personally. Nobody's being forced to discuss this, but if they want to... what's the problem.
    Last edited by evil disco man; -05-24-2014 at 12:58 AM.
    MauiRam likes this.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I'm praying that Sam makes the football team and is a playmaker on special teams and defense. More winning = less whining over silly things like what someone does with a consenting adult on his own time and his own privacy. There's nothing wrong with love and if God thinks that way (according to the Bible) then he's wrong. Sorry.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RealRam is offline Registered User

Believe it or not...

I come in peace.

My sincerest apologies...

...to those I have offended through my posts within this seminal and special thread.
    My comments, at times in a frenzy of firmness, did NOT stem from hate. God is my witness.

In any event, my intention here is to say I'm sorry if that was the perception ...
    for perception is not always reality.

This is a personal apologetic tenor,
    not an apology in the sense of a religious of philosophical doctrine or teaching.

I maintain said views on the basis of my biblical and Christian faith but, to me, this particular thread, as foreboding as it was since it began, has come to end, of fade, into an inevitable "agree to disagree" conclusion, no matter the appendixes it may draw.

To the few of us that share a Christian stance against the gay ways, let us stay strong. Fundamentally, there is One Way (Jn. 14:6; Is. 8:20). I've seen criticism here that at time is very funny and, at times, blasphemy. Nothing new, it is the old world anew (Lk. 17:26).

Thank you ClanRam and moderators for this opportunity (in fact, one of my hobbies) to read all things Rams and share some of my opinions. This MSam thread is a real milestone. I appreciate and admire your hard, loyal work.

The 2014 STL Rams may be on the cusp of much better days and this site gives us fans an authentic, clean and civilized space to exchange comments, not always positive or amiable but mostly vivid, usually stimulating and exciting.

All the best everybody.

On the wings of honesty and friendship over a land of discord.

Last edited by RealRam; -05-25-2014 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Ram
    live4ramin likes this.

BlueTalon is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by evil disco man View Post
    Well, if you want to start cherry-picking what you like from the Old Testament, then maybe we should start stoning adulterers, cutting out the tongues of liars, and cutting off the hands of thieves again.
    That is an awfully odd statement, coming from someone whose entire thesis seems based on cherry-picking self-serving bits from the Old Testament.

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I'm praying that Sam makes the football team and is a playmaker on special teams and defense. More winning = less whining over silly things like what someone does with a consenting adult on his own time and his own privacy. There's nothing wrong with love and if God thinks that way (according to the Bible) then he's wrong. Sorry.
    Just for the record, I couldn't give a rat-crap if he's gay, entirely because I believe what goes on behind closed doors between consenting adults is their business and not mine.

The problem with Sam is that from all outward appearances, he was trying to play both sides of the situation. "I'm just a football player, don't treat me any different" and "I'm special because I'm the first openly gay player." He didn't change his tune until he started getting some blowback from that approach.

Also, there were many in the media who were happy to sensationalize everything for him, which gave us (crammed down our throats) not just wall-to-wall coverage way out of proportion to his late round status because it was legitimate news, but extra inappropriate stuff like the tongue-throating, which we later learned was agenda-driven.

I am disgusted by that. I trust you can see the difference between being disgusted by that, and hating homosexuality.

There used to be a saying by liberals regarding conservatives: "Keep your morals out of my bedroom." I'd be happy to do that, if they'd keep their bedroom out of my living room.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTalon View Post
    Just for the record, I couldn't give a rat-crap if he's gay, entirely because I believe what goes on behind closed doors between consenting adults is their business and not mine.

The problem with Sam is that from all outward appearances, he was trying to play both sides of the situation. "I'm just a football player, don't treat me any different" and "I'm special because I'm the first openly gay player." He didn't change his tune until he started getting some blowback from that approach.

Also, there were many in the media who were happy to sensationalize everything for him, which gave us (crammed down our throats) not just wall-to-wall coverage way out of proportion to his late round status because it was legitimate news, but extra inappropriate stuff like the tongue-throating, which we later learned was agenda-driven.

I am disgusted by that. I trust you can see the difference between being disgusted by that, and hating homosexuality.

There used to be a saying by liberals regarding conservatives: "Keep your morals out of my bedroom." I'd be happy to do that, if they'd keep their bedroom out of my living room.
    Well, I had no idea there was an agenda, obviously that's ridiculous. I honestly can't stand how over blown the coverage has been, I agree with what you're saying. Regardless, it's a monumental moment that'll go down in sports history. As expected, the media is going to be all over it. He had the courage to do that and I'd like to think his agent was the one who tried to steer him to the Oprah show as opposed to him looking for money. Whoever was helping out in guiding him clearly wasn't looking out for the guy. Still, you'd think he'd have enough common sense to say I need to completely dedicate myself to football. He's, fortunately, doing that now.

But honestly, I really couldn't care less that he's gay. Cool. Prove yourself. Like everyone else. I'm rooting for him to succeed just as much as all the other draft picks. It's the same type of mentality I have with my President too: If I didn't vote for Obama, for example, he's my President, and I want him to succeed so that my country is prosperous. Likewise with the Rams I want them all to succeed because they're part of my team. For better or for worse, we have the first openly gay player on our team. I'd like to think that worst case scenario he doesn't make the team and best case scenario he becomes a playmaker. I think if the latter does happen, the big deal way of thinking will soon be forgotten. He'll be one of the many pieces of our dynamic defense.

And Real Ram, it's nice and all that you said that, and I get it, you're old school with your beliefs and aren't going to be changing them no matter what. And that's fine. You're obviously civil and just being honest. I just think it's a shame you can't see that there's nothing wrong with being gay. A point I tried to make earlier is that when someone looks down on a person because of something they choose to do that doesn't harm anyone, a life style choice, if you will, I think it's scary. We're all equals. Doesn't it make sense to judge people based on how they treat their fellow human being? Regardless of ethnicity, sex, or religion?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Well, I had no idea there was an agenda, obviously that's ridiculous.
    From earlier in the thread (just FYI):

Michael Sam Reality ShowMichael Sam is getting the Lindsay Lohan treatment ... as in, the openly gay football player is getting his own reality show on Oprah's TV network ... reps at OWN confirm.

The show -- produced by the same people who did Lindsay's show -- will chronicle Sam's journey into the NFL ... and we're told Sam has already been taping the show for weeks.

In fact, we're told Oprah's crew was in the room when Sam learned he had been drafted by the St. Louis Rams ... and clearly knew his big celebratory kiss with his BF would make for great reality television.

And Real Ram, it's nice and all that you said that, and I get it, you're old school with your beliefs and aren't going to be changing them no matter what. And that's fine. You're obviously civil and just being honest. I just think it's a shame you can't see that there's nothing wrong with being gay. A point I tried to make earlier is that when someone looks down on a person because of something they choose to do that doesn't harm anyone, a life style choice, if you will, I think it's scary. We're all equals. Doesn't it make sense to judge people based on how they treat their fellow human being? Regardless of ethnicity, sex, or religion?
    Ahhh, V6...

"It's a shame you can't see that there's IS something wrong with being gay."

This is what I keep saying that the whole discussion here comes to a dead agree to disagree. Please keep in mind that individuals as myself have a basis for said belief, i.e., the Christian bible and not just some 'old school' view on morality.

What's really scary to me is that the standards of morality and decency keep following a trend of decadence, not just in language (F O U R letter words and other colorful, diverse and explicit vocabulary) but in behavior.

I am very glad that ClanRam rules, for example, prohibit the use of such four letter words here, and even masked foul language in posts. WHY is this? Well, obviously, there is still a sense of "old school" decency vs obscenity that is part of the Clan moderation objectives. I say, 'kudos'.

But I say again, I'm concerned that in general, more people nowadays find it easier and uninhibited to just let go and go with the flow, like professional athletes do in the heat of the moment. Sure, why not! Go ahead and curse / swear to another player - or at yourself when you missed a play -right in front of children. What's the problem!?! A man french kisses another man in public; oh, but they treat their fellow human being fine.

So let the kiddies of today learn young. They can forget about church and all that.

Sometimes when I visit YouTube I cringe at how easily and frequently some people use heavy profanity (I think there's still a line that divides heavy and 'light'), even in "normal and casual" conversation. Or on the metro rail cars. Bah! Who cares! [I do sometimes ask them politely to check their language, young punks or not.]

Or how some college Spring breaks get WILD, yeaaaah! The terrible binge drinking, disorderly conduct and ... well, don't we know what wild orgies look and sound like. But it's a lotta fun!

It is part of what drags societal values down the sewer.

The NFL is really trying hard to keep behavioral matters in order, among its other tons of duties and goals, I suppose. As are the other pro leagues, especially in the US and the UK.

Don't get me wrong. Not saying Christians don't falter, loose their cool or use profanity. Of course we do. Even St. Peter was caught in this - and he walked with the Lord. I falter. Every man stumbles and falters save for One.

But this thing that I find to be the worst aberration in terms of gender, the ways of the gays ... sorry, I am totally, 100% against. [ Please don't make me spell out once more that it is the lifestyle that I refuse and hate, not the person him/herself (assuming the person is one of those you implied, that treats other people well.) ]

Many of the so-called moral values are considered 'abstract' perhaps in the minds of MANY people for the benefit of doubt ("don't tase me bro!!!"). To me, it is sad, so sad and even tragic that there are religious and political bodies that even as we type, are becoming more relaxed in their respective spiritual and civil disciplines. And 'relaxed' could be interpreted as a euphemism for lazy or easy.

Thank goodness there is still hope to do what is right.

Morally right.

The Official Michael Sam "Off-the-Field" Thread-1-a2014-kcdecency.jpg - - Clic to enlarge ideal.

Last edited by RealRam; -05-26-2014 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Stay calm poster

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    This has been a very revealing thread in many different ways.

I have a couple of simple questions for you RealRam. Could you explain to me why a flower has its scent, or a bird its song? I'd like to hear your take on that .. Thanks ..

Hey, Maui. Forgot about this post, sorry.

As best I can muster a reply, I could only say that the flower has its scent because the Creator put it there, and the bird its song because of His divine grace.

Providing we're talking about a nicely aromatic, aesthetically looking flower and a pleasant bird song.

He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end. - Eccl. 3:11

============================================

Not sure if you were hinting that MSam might smell nice or sing well?

There are some quite repugnant flowers and nasty birds of prey.

Last edited by RealRam; -05-26-2014 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Four rodents, medium rare