Page 1 of 43 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

netminder Guest

OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

MOD'S NOTE: This will be the one and only "Rams to L.A." thread. If you are interested in this topic, and wish to discuss it, this is the place. Any additional threads started on this topic will be deleted.

This is according to the Nfl website. AEG will cover all relocation fees plus fees to break their current lease. The Rams arent the only team they talked you but it was in the headlines in L.A.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -06-13-2011 at 11:22 AM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

re: AEG talks to Rams, Vikings, Jaguars, Chargers, & Raiders

Here's the whole story.
    Leiweke has talked with Vikes, Chargers, Raiders, Rams, JagsNFL.com Wire Reports

AEG president Tim Leiweke confirmed Thursday that his boss, billionaire Philip Anschutz, is prepared to purchase the majority ownership of an NFL team and relocate that team to Los Angeles, The Orange County Register reported.

Leiweke stated that he has spoken with representatives from five NFL franchises -- the Minnesota Vikings, San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders, St. Louis Rams and Jacksonville Jaguars -- and last chatted with one of the five organizations "a week ago."

"St. Louis, Jacksonville -- not extensively -- certainly Oakland, San Diego, Minnesota are still in the mix," Leiweke said, but clarified: "We're not packing any (moving) vans right now."

The newspaper speculates that last week's discussions were with the Vikings. NFL Network's Albert Breer reported that Leiweke was in Minneapolis in late May and did huddle with Vikings officials, setting off speculation that owner Zygi Wilf might be considering having his team fill Farmers Field, the company's proposed downtown Los Angeles stadium.

Breer reported that while such a move might not be entirely off the table, it's far from the reason that Leiweke was in town. A source with intimate knowledge of the situation told Breer that Leiweke's Minnesota trip was to tend to business with Target Center, the home of the NBA's Timberwolves and a property managed by AEG.

The Vikings' preliminary agreement with Ramsey County to construct a $1 billion stadium in suburban Arden Hills, outside of Minneapolis, requires legislative approval, which remains uncertain and might depend on Gov. Mark Dayton and Republicans finding an initial fix for the state's $5.1 billion deficit.

Leiweke told The Register that AEG is ready to pay for any expense an NFL teams faces in getting out of its current lease.

"Just as an example, if it's San Diego, they would have to pay $24 million under their agreement to get out of the lease," Leiweke said. "We would pay that."

AEG has proposed building a 72,000-seat stadium at a cost of $1 billion on part of Los Angeles' convention center campus.

A rival stadium project has been proposed for eastern Los Angeles County by a company that has also not yet secured a team.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

Reading the whole story, I think its pretty clear the Rams are not moving.

larams1980 Guest

Send them back home.. cant wait..

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Seems like this situation is similar to the "invites" NFL teams issue to selected college players prior to the draft. An invite amounts to kicking the tires, it is certainly not a guarantee that a player will be drafted by a team just because an invitation to visit was offered ..

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

St. Louis better have plans for offering a nice stadium in 2015 once the contract expires. Otherwise, St. Louisians can say goodbye to this beloved team and off to you know where *brings dead horse*

sjacksonrules is online now Registered User

Can't wait for this topic to die. Its been thrown out there to much Stan said himself why would he help move the team to st Louis to move it back to l.a. . I suppose we are going to sign plaxico and moss since our name gets mentioned with those too.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by larams1980 View Post
    Send them back home.. cant wait..
    Maybe, but I'm not convinced Cleveland could support two NFL teams.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

interesting, seems like they want to buy a team to bring over, which i think would exclude the Rams since Stan just bought it. Im a LA fan but i love St Louis all the same, Rams will always be my team wherever they are but wouldnt mind LA having a team so i can cheer for 2 teams (hedge my bets lol)
    Major30 likes this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Can't wait for this topic to die. Its been thrown out there to much Stan said himself why would he help move the team to st Louis to move it back to l.a. . I suppose we are going to sign plaxico and moss since our name gets mentioned with those too.
    Honestly I dont think this will die until after we decide on a new stadium/lease issues or whatever will fix this. But it will always be a subject until then. Reporters get paid to start up ****.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

For the seventh year in a row, I will tell everyone the Rams are NOT going to LA. Saint Louis is now their home, and considering Toronto is also in the market for an NFL team (if you believe rumors), then my guess would be expansion in the future.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    For the seventh year in a row, I will tell everyone the Rams are NOT going to LA. Saint Louis is now their home, and considering Toronto is also in the market for an NFL team (if you believe rumors), then my guess would be expansion in the future.
    toronto is going to get the Bills tho! lol

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Reading the whole story, I think its pretty clear the Rams are not moving.
    Based on what? Seems to me, reading the whole story that the Rams are clearly still in the mix. The fact that they're willing to buy out an existing lease is evident they're serious, and gives the Rams no reason to stay in Stl. in their current situation.
    Last edited by RAMFANRAIDERHATER; -06-10-2011 at 08:50 PM.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

larams1980 Guest

Cleveland please. clearly los angeles was there true home. total years in la was way more than cleveland.. just like the lakers.. minnesota lakers please.

RAMpage28 Guest

There is an article about this on Turf show times that basically says there is no way the rams are going to L.A. because of Kroenke. He basically said he wants too keep the rams in st. louis and that the rams aren't for sale.

Page 1 of 43 1234567891011 ... LastLast