Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    I guess some of you really wanted to hear this:
    I know I did lol

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    I guess some of you really wanted to hear this:

The Rams are moving back to Los Angeles.

At least, that's the dream of some misguided fans who believe that the people of Los Angeles deserve the Rams back in L.A. What they don't realize is that they don't deserve them at all. Here's why:
    I like this. Where's the source?

gap

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Well sounds like you need to move to St Louis were you and the Rams can be at home.
    Negative Ghostrider! I need to be close to the ocean for waves!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

"Why did the Dodgers move to Los Angeles? It wasn't due to lack of fans, or even falling ticket sales (although Ebbets field wasn't routinely selling out). It was because of greed. A man named Walter O'Malley wanted to purchase land in downtown Brooklyn, but Robert Moses, the New York City Construction Coordinator, refused to condemn the land so O'Malley could purchase the land for far less than market value. O'Malley wanted full control over the stadium and revenue, and didnt want to pay full price for anything. When contacted by Los Angeles officials in 1957, O'Malley was told exactly what he wanted to hear: Los Angeles would condemn the land of his choice, sell it to him at below market value, and allow him full control over the stadium and its revenue stream."

That's only part of the story, the only way to get the Giants to San Francisco was to have a team on the West Coast they could play. What better team than their very own rival from across town, who just so happened to feel they were being slighted by the very city they called home. Add to that they got a ton of money and their own stadium. Now that sounds familiar!!!
    Last edited by MoonJoe; -09-03-2011 at 10:25 AM.

Jack Youngblood

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

Bust out with the Check-books St.Louie

netminder is offline Registered User

Of all the teams I associate with Los Angeles, the St. Louis Rams may have the strongest connection. For me, they're still the L.A. Rams, although when the team packed up and left I was angry. After 40 years in L.A., the team moved to St. Louis in 1995 and continue to play in the Edward Jones Dome, which opened the same year.
    The St. Louis arch.
    morguefile.com/spiroll

While the whole move angered me, realistically had I been the owner, I would have done the same thing. The Rams were losing large amounts of money and simply could not make a fair profit sharing Anaheim Stadium, as they were in their last five years in Los Angeles. The team wanted to stay, the owner Georgia Frontiere was a long-time Los Angeles community icon.
    Given all the problems and the lack of support from the city and the citizens of Los Angeles, the team was also being courted by other cities, offering new stadiums and other incentives. They had no options here in Los Angeles, of course they left. Funny enough, now we are the city pushing hard for a team.
    The process has already started. AEG, the developer of the Farmers Field downtown L.A. stadium project has confirmed publicly they have had official discussions with five NFL teams about moving to L.A. The St. Louis Rams are on that list, along with the Jacksonville Jaguars, San Diego Chargers, Minnesota Vikings and Oakland Raiders. And those aren't teams AEG would just like to see play here, they are teams with which AEG has already begun discussions.
    The Rams are ripe for a move. St. Louis paid $260 million for them to move, but now there are some deadlines approaching that will clearly show what's going to happen. The city must tell the team how they plan to upgrade the stadium by Feb. 1, 2012 and must have a plan in place by 2015, or the team has the right to terminate it's lease.

To make the move and a deal with AEG even more likely, the Rams are owned by Stan Kroenke, a friend of AEG (Anschutz Entertainment Group)'s owner Philip Anschutz. I think we will see the Rams return to Los Angeles with an announcement in February after the first deadline passes.
    Although born and raised with Eagles fans in Philadelphia, Freddy Sherman has always been a citizen of Raider Nation at heart. Since his dad got him a signed George Blanda football as child, to meeting Lyle Alzado in the 1980s, he hasn't looked back

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

See, netminder, there are a LOT of things about Kroenke that no one in California ever mentions. First, his wife is one of the Walton family - the ones from Arkansas - the same ones that own Wal-Mart and Sam's Clubs. Second, he owns a nice little estate in the middle of Missouri...one that Donald Trump would be proud to call home. Third...well, just read this for a different POV.

Burwell: Positive signs suggest St. Louis can keep the Rams ..

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Man I can't wait to go to St Louis this sunday to the Rams HOME. Its always good when they play at home right here in St Louis. Nothing like that atmosphere at the Rams home in St Louis. We are going to show these eagles that no one messes with the Rams home in St Louis. Did I mention the Rams home is in St Louis?
    gap and ZiaRam like this.

Man I can't wait to go to St Louis this sunday to the Rams HOME. Its always good when they play at home right here in St Louis. Nothing like that atmosphere at the Rams home in St Louis. We are going to show these eagles that no one messes with the Rams home in St Louis. Did I mention the Rams home is in St Louis?
    As it should be!

Jack Youngblood

RamingtoLA is offline Registered User

Burwell: LOL who is this guy. Next season when the Rams are playing in Los Angeles I hope burwell is there to comfort you

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamingtoLA View Post
    Burwell: LOL who is this guy. Next season when the Rams are playing in Los Angeles I hope burwell is there to comfort you
    Ya that will be a good game to go against a established team like the LA Chargers. It will be a good test for the St Louis Rams on where they are at as a team.

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Ya that will be a good game to go against a established team like the LA Chargers. It will be a good test for the St Louis Rams on where they are at as a team.
    I heard a guy say something tonight at the bar about the whiners moving to L.A....something about the team was looking for a city where they fit in and had some fans who knew the difference between football and soccer.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamingtoLA View Post
    As I posting in another thread...

The RAMS don't have an opponent in LA, at least, not until the Vikings move there. Or maybe they might have a game against the LA Jags or Bolts, or maybe the Faiders. Better yet, Candlestick is about out of a wick, and I am sure LA would like to have a "proven winner" like the whiners as the home team.

gap

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    As I posting in another thread...

The RAMS don't have an opponent in LA, at least, not until the Vikings move there. Or maybe they might have a game against the LA Jags or Bolts, or maybe the Faiders. Better yet, Candlestick is about out of a wick, and I am sure LA would like to have a "proven winner" like the whiners as the home team.

gap
    Hey guys just worry about putting butts into the seats.

I love their math in saint louie. Att. 56,722 and the staduim holds 66,000 but it's a sellout. No wonder the state is in so much trouble.
    Last edited by RamingtoLA; -09-12-2011 at 11:35 AM.