Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RamingtoLA View Post
    I love their math in saint louie. Att. 56,722 and the staduim holds 66,000 but it's a sellout. No wander the state is in so much trouble.
    I did see a lot of fans wander outside the dome...

RamingtoLA is offline Registered User

The rams are already 16th out of 17th only in front of the tampa. goodluck on making the top 1/3 tier.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I love their math in saint louie. Att. 56,722 and the staduim holds 66,000 but it's a sellout. No wonder the state is in so much trouble.
    You do realize there is always a difference in tickets that are sold and tickets that are used?

netminder is offline Registered User

Is that everywhere are just saint louie? Maybe saint louie can make some extra money by renting out there empty seats to chicago who was at 106 pct capacity.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

While their are some in St Louis that do not come out and support their team, I recall that the fans in LA were not filling the stands, either.

Aside from the "I wish the Rams are in....", do any of you think it would be good for the franchise to move again? I think that any true Rams fan could honestly answer that the team should not move.
    HUbison and RamsFanSam like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They should have never left Los Angeles. Georgia ran the rams into the ground so people started to stay away. St louis does not deserve a team more than L.A. The rams will be returning to L.A.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

They should have never left Los Angeles. Georgia ran the rams into the ground so people started to stay away. St louis does not deserve a team more than L.A. The rams will be returning to L.A.
    Is this netminder?

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I was not thrilled with the Rams leaving LA when they did, but they did. It is time to move on. Whether they should have left, or not, is now a moot point.

As far as the "I wish I were in Kansas" way of thinking, feel free to do so. Click your damn heels all you want. It is not good for the team to move again - whether to LA, Helena, Montana, or where ever. If you truly have the power to make things happen that you write about happening, how about writing about getting our troops out of Afghanistan?

I do not think that Georgia intentionally meant to run the team into the ground - it isn't good business. Let's face it, NFL owners are business people and are out to make $$.

Do you ever post about football itself?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha
    Click your damn heels all you want.
    This really should be stitched on a pillow or glazed on a commemorative plate.
    AlphaRam likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nice article in stl mag you guys should read. Take off the blinders.

Nice article in slm mag you guys should read. Take off the blinders.<br><br>

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    If you truly have the power to make things happen that you write about happening, how about writing about getting our troops out of Afghanistan?
    Amen to that! It would take a miracle for that! So stupid we are still there. Anyways this isn't a thread about that but this is probably the best post in this whole darn thread. Love it.! GJ Alpha!!

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

As a guy who started liking the Rams when they were in LA, it bothers me that they moved to begin with. The poster who claimed that Georgia "ran the team into the ground" overstated a bit, but he is essentially correct in that Georgia DID mismanage the team to the point they weren't supported. Bad decisions were made and the team was largely unsuccessful in the early 90's.There is no reason in the world a team shouldn't be able to make money in the 2nd largest media market in the country, The Rams' inability to do so is a direct consequence of bad management. Georgia's fondness for St. Louis makes it easy for people to suggest- correctly or incorrectly- she tried to orchestrate a move there by treating the management of the Rams with indifference.

I have nothing against the city of St. Louis. My two visiting experiences there have been pleasant. That said, any city needs to sell out regularly to justify staying there. You'd never hear of Dallas, Pittsburgh, the Jets/Giants, Green Bay, Philly and probably a dozen other teams contemplating a move. If 10,000 empty seats for the opener is accurate, that's a colossal embarrassment.
    AlphaRam likes this.

netminder is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    As a guy who started liking the Rams when they were in LA, it bothers me that they moved to begin with. The poster who claimed that Georgia "ran the team into the ground" overstated a bit, but he is essentially correct in that Georgia DID mismanage the team to the point they weren't supported. Bad decisions were made and the team was largely unsuccessful in the early 90's.There is no reason in the world a team shouldn't be able to make money in the 2nd largest media market in the country, The Rams' inability to do so is a direct consequence of bad management. Georgia's fondness for St. Louis makes it easy for people to suggest- correctly or incorrectly- she tried to orchestrate a move there by treating the management of the Rams with indifference.

I have nothing against the city of St. Louis. My two visiting experiences there have been pleasant. That said, any city needs to sell out regularly to justify staying there. You'd never hear of Dallas, Pittsburgh, the Jets/Giants, Green Bay, Philly and probably a dozen other teams contemplating a move. If 10,000 empty seats for the opener is accurate, that's a colossal embarrassment.
    I can assure the numbers are correct and if you want I will send you the link. Another thing I can assure that AEG will make things work. They bought the Kings when they were only getting 8000 fans a game now they soldout 39 of 41 games. They will make this work.

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

The rams will always be mentioned in any move too LA only because they lived their for soooo many years and the its the 2nd largest market in the NFL , And the NFL wants a team their for its $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ value lol