Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I don't think players would perform better, I'm just saying its a bigger market. It brings more opportunities. Who comes into the draft saying " I want to go to St. Louis!! "....Probably nobody. It also brings some attention to us. I wouldn't mind seeing some more Rams games on T.V either.
    No player want's to go to a perinnial loser, no matter how nice the city the team plays in. And if you want to see more of this pathetic and embarasing exhibition, you are a glutton for punishment.

gap

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    No player want's to go to a perinnial loser, no matter how nice the city the team plays in. And if you want to see more of this pathetic and embarasing exhibition, you are a glutton for punishment.

gap
    Obviously nobody wants to go to a loser but you're telling me that a city has no effect on where a player goes?

Take last year for example. We had a bad record (7-9) but so many free agents came here (Mikell, Dahl) because of the potential we have. We will always have the potential to be a breakout team because of Bradford. That alone will bring players here, and add that with a city that will attract more people, you got yourselves some FA's that you may not have had before.

Marshall Faulk requested to be traded to a outdoor team that plays on grass. Nobody thinks of these things, but they actually have an effect.

sonnyjames is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Marshall Faulk requested to be traded to a outdoor team that plays on grass. Nobody thinks of these things, but they actually have an effect.
    Now this bit I agree with. If they ever rebuild a stadium in St Louis I believe it should be an outdoor ground on grass. And with a clear view of some of the city's key landmarks. Build them into the place and make it feel like you're in St Louis, not generic-dome-ville. That's how you can start to connect a dwindling fanbase in the city with the team, real small things that make you feel at home. I also wonder how much injuries to e.g. Amendola's elbow are accentuated by playing on a 'harder' surface than soft turf. Grass all the way, for me.

But I hope the franchise stays in STL.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyjames View Post
    Now this bit I agree with. If they ever rebuild a stadium in St Louis I believe it should be an outdoor ground on grass. And with a clear view of some of the city's key landmarks. Build them into the place and make it feel like you're in St Louis, not generic-dome-ville. That's how you can start to connect a dwindling fanbase in the city with the team, real small things that make you feel at home. I also wonder how much injuries to e.g. Amendola's elbow are accentuated by playing on a 'harder' surface than soft turf. Grass all the way, for me.

But I hope the franchise stays in STL.
    \

Thats why people want to play on grass. Apparently there is less knee injuries and less wear and tear because the landing would be much softer compared to rock hard turf.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

I don't care if the Rams play in LA, St. Louis, or here in Albuquerque. I just want them to stop sucking...
    THOLTFAN81 and ZiaRam like this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    I don't care if the Rams play in LA, St. Louis, or here in Albuquerque. I just want them to stop sucking...
    lol a
    or add las cruces to that! and i second the stop sucking part!

bradwill is offline Registered User

Dahl came to the Rams(2009) before last year and his talent is backup material. Mikell probably saw 7-9 as a sign the team was on the rise as many others expected, and that's been shown to be absolutely false.

The Rams had to seriously overpay to get Bell and Brown(highest paid center in history? BROWN??) to come here because of how bad the team was when they signed. Don't forget horrid scrub James Butler and his contract and he's a 3rd stringer. If this suck season continues, it's going to be hard to get good FA's without large overpayments no matter where the team is located.
    Last edited by bradwill; -10-03-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bradwill View Post
    Dahl came to the Rams(2009) before last year and his talent is backup material. Mikell probably saw 7-9 as a sign the team was on the rise as many others expected, and that's been shown to be absolutely false.

The Rams had to seriously overpay to get Bell and Brown(highest paid center in history? BROWN??) to come here because of how bad the team was when they signed. Don't forget horrid scrub James Butler and his contract and he's a 3rd stringer. If this suck season continues, it's going to be hard to get good FA's without large overpayments no matter where the team is located.
    It never helps to suck when trying to attract quality free agents. However, being in the 2nd largest market, with al the extra exposure that entails, doesn't hurt. From a Rams fan (not STL or LA) aspect, LA would have huge appeal to me, as an owner, because of the increased revenue from the new stadium and a much larger TV contract. So, adding the potential to sway some FA to join the team, and the increased revenue, and add to that the likely scenario that the Ed will not be improved to remain in the top 25% of venues, nor be replaced anytime soon, a move to LA is appealing, from a purely business standpoint.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

BIG-BLUE is online now Registered User

[QUOTE=bradwill;397457]Dahl came to the Rams(2009) before last year and his talent is backup material. I believe he meant Harvey Dahl, We picked him up in the off season to help shore up the OL.

LA Rammer is online now Registered User

St. Louis Rams likely to play in L.A. next season?

St. Louis Rams likely to play in L.A. next season? Fanís take
    By Freddy Sherman

When your wife is the daughter of one of the founders of Wal-Mart, I think it's pretty easy to make money. For St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke, it was leasing and developing shopping centers anchored by his wife's family's Wal-Mart stores. That real estate business, plus his wife's enormous family fortune in cash and stock, made Kroenke a billionaire.

The St. Louis arch.
    morguefile.com/spiroll

Some of those billions were used to buy into professional sports franchises including the Colorado Avalanche, the Denver Nuggets and the St. Louis Rams. Originally a minority owner of the Rams, he used some of his money to buy out his minority partners in 2010 and he's now the majority owner of the team. I think he will end up making a deal with AEG, who he has bought teams from in the past, and move the Rams back to Los Angeles.

With all those real estate connections he still hasn't been able to make a deal for a new NFL stadium in St. Louis. He did develop a huge soccer stadium and complex, Dick's Sporting Goods Park but the team has not yet been presented a football plan from the city. Kroenke was part of the effort in 1995 to bring the team to St. Louis and helped make a deal that had the city pay $260 million to secure the team but he's a businessman and knows the team just can't make money in St. Louis. This is made even more apparent with the what I can only assume are lucrative offers from AEG and Majestic Realty, the developers of the other Los Angeles NFL stadium project, Grand Crossing.

The Rams have played in Edward Jones Stadium since their move from Los Angeles / Anaheim in 1995. They have a deal that forces the city to come up with a viable stadium plan by March 2015, or the team is able to accept an offer to move. The city must inform the team of the plan by February 2012.

AEG, the developer of downtown Los Angeles' Farmers Field stadium project is on the hunt for a team. After approvals from the city of Los Angeles and the state of California, the project really does seem to be on a fast track. The Rams are one of the teams AEG has confirmed they have had formal talks with about making the move. It's believed AEG wants to acquire at least 49% of any team they would bring to Los Angeles, and this percentage has been a sticking point in negotiations with other teams.

I think the history of the Rams already playing in Los Angeles makes them a great choice to return. It would not surprise me to see the Rams playing here in 2013, after they are able to terminate their stadium lease.

Although born and raised with Eagles fans in Philadelphia, Freddy Sherman has always been a citizen of Raider Nation at heart. Since his dad got him a signed George Blanda football as child, to meeting Lyle Alzado in the 1980s, he hasn't looked back.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

LA Rammer is online now Registered User

Re: St. Louis Rams likely to play in L.A. next season?

Can someone please merge this with the official Rams to LA thread? Thanks!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

I would absolutely love this. Doesn't really matter to me at the end of the day though. L.A RAMS!

kustomange Guest

This is going to be something very interesting to see develop, it's really going to come down to which team the NFL and the Commissioner want to see play in LA and which team makes more sense, it's looking like the Rams might end up back in SoCal really soon......Stay tuned!

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

I say we should move the Rams to Mexico so everyone would be equally unhappy so we can lock this thread!
    on a side note imagine drinkin 25$ corona's in the stands lol!

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    I say we should move the Rams to Mexico so everyone would be equally unhappy so we can lock this thread!
    on a side note imagine drinkin 25$ corona's in the stands lol!
    zia, that is a wonderful idea. The Piedras Negras Rams has a ring to it.

Sadly, even after the Chargers move to LA, the thread will still be clamoring for the Rams to be the 2nd LA team. And if LA does happen to get a 2nd team, the LA Vikings will not be able to slow down this thread as it evolves into a "The Rams will be the 3rd team in LA" thread. And on the off chance that the NFL allows the LA Chargers, LA Vikings, & LA Jaguars to occupy the same space, the thread will simply move on to "The Rams should be the 4th LA team".

And so this perpetuality scheme moves.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod