Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Based on what? Seems to me, reading the whole story that the Rams are clearly still in the mix. The fact that they're willing buy out an existing lease is evident they're serious, and gives the Rams no reason to stay in Stl. in their current situation.
    Based on the article stating that talks with jacksonville and st Louis were not extensive.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Based on the article stating that talks with jacksonville and st Louis were not extensive.
    ...uh, again. talks aren't extensive but they are clearly happening. If they're talking, there's a possiblitly. I'm still betting the Chargers come up myself, but the Rams are still a possibility, given the lousy stadium they play in now. Ranked last in the league.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Based on what? Seems to me, reading the whole story that the Rams are clearly still in the mix. The fact that they're willing to buy out an existing lease is evident they're serious, and gives the Rams no reason to stay in Stl. in their current situation.
    Based on that AEG wants to buy a nfl team, considering Stan just bought it less than 12 months ago id say that puts them out of the picture for this scenario anyways ... They might move to LA under a different scenario ... just not this one.

based on talks? Any tom, dick & harry can pick up a phone and say "yeah wassup stan, want to sell your team and move to LA?" If AEG were so inclined they could ask all 32 teams if there interested and you can have another story thats reads "32 Teams might Move to LA by 2015"
    Last edited by Ram Mar Ram; -06-10-2011 at 09:36 PM.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMpage28 View Post
    There is an article about this on Turf show times that basically says there is no way the rams are going to L.A. because of Kroenke. He basically said he wants too keep the rams in st. louis and that the rams aren't for sale.
    Nut Uh Im in talks to purchase them on a payment plan...

RAMpage28 is offline Registered User

@ZiaRam
    So do you have the rams on layaway? Did you get a loan or was it straight cash homie? (thank you randy moss).

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

interesting if Vikes come to LA, after Lakers wonder if Minni people hate hard on LA.

btw hollywood brad... now thats a nickname inspires greatness. here we go >>>> Bad horse
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    interesting if Vikes come to LA, after Lakers wonder if Minni people hate hard on LA.
    The same thing crossed my mind. L.A. Vikings would just be wrong. In all honesty, the Jags might be the most painless transition. They're in a smaller market than St. Louis, and Florida has two other teams with more history in the state.

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    Minni has a more dedicated fanbase than St. Louis and Jacksonville. I find it very hard to believe that the Vikings will move to LA but then again, Zygi Wilf is somewhat of a clueless owner who has a nice resume of making dramatic things happen to that team (trade a farm for Hershel Walker, trade a 3rd rounder for Randy Moss , and put the entire team on Brett Favre's frail shoulders)

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Reading the whole story, I think its pretty clear the Rams are not moving.
    While I'm not a huge advocate of moving the Rams anywhere, I don't see how you got "...it's pretty clear the Rams are not moving." the writer went with the Vikings story as it is probably the most compelling at this point. However, the Rams were never minimalized as a potential candidate. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this. I think I'll just let it play out.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Minni has a more dedicated fanbase than St. Louis and Jacksonville. I find it very hard to believe that the Vikings will move to LA but then again, Zygi Wilf is somewhat of a clueless owner who has a nice resume of making dramatic things happen to that team (trade a farm for Hershel Walker, trade a 3rd rounder for Randy Moss , and put the entire team on Brett Favre's frail shoulders)
    I'll tell you, living up here in Minnesota, if this team leaves, there are a lot of legislators who won't be re-elected. The fans up here are RABID Vikings fans.

By the way, Zygi had nothing to do with the Walker trade. That was way before his time. The Moss trade is what led to Childress getting the axe. He never even consulted Zygi before making that move.
    Last edited by Truth; -06-11-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    the Rams were never minimalized as a potential candidate.
    Except for the fact that in there he says the Rams talk weren't extensive...

RAMpage28 is offline Registered User

We might as well say we aren't going to L.A. If we did move to L.A under the given circumstances that would mean Kroenke would have to sell majority ownership to Tim Leiweke and AEG. After having owned the team for all of 1 YEAR! Not to mention we didn't have extensive talks with their representative. If we were to move to L.A. it would not be under these circumstances. Kroenke has also made it clear he wants to keep the team in St.Louis. Here is a quote from Rams executive vice president Kevin Demoff "Stan Kroenke has made it perfectly clear that he's focused on working on a lease with the city of St. Louis. He's been consistent in that viewpoint since becoming the controlling owner last August."

"I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis, just as I did everything that I could to bring the team to St. Louis in 1995. I believe my actions speak for themselves."
    "There's a track record. I've always stepped up for pro football in St. Louis. And I'm stepping up one more time."
    "I'm born and raised in Missouri. I've been a Missourian for 60 years. People in our state know me. People know I can be trusted. People know I am an honorable guy."

Unlike the dead horse your beating. That was straight from the horses mouth. That horse being our team owner Stan.

Guess I need to post this in both your topics since it puts to rest your theory.
    Battering_RAMS likes this.

Except for the fact that in there he says the Rams talk weren't extensive...
    No, the quote was, "St. Louis, Jacksonville -- not extensively -- certainly Oakland, San Diego, Minnesota are still in the mix,". There is a comma between St Louis and Jacksonville. If the writer was using his punctuation correctly, he named St Louis. There were no extensive talks with Jacksonville. At least that's how the punctuation shows the statement.

Quote Originally Posted by RAMpage28 View Post
    We might as well say we aren't going to L.A. If we did move to L.A under the given circumstances that would mean Kroenke would have to sell majority ownership to Tim Leiweke and AEG. After having owned the team for all of 1 YEAR! Not to mention we didn't have extensive talks with their representative. If we were to move to L.A. it would not be under these circumstances. Kroenke has also made it clear he wants to keep the team in St.Louis. Here is a quote from Rams executive vice president Kevin Demoff "Stan Kroenke has made it perfectly clear that he's focused on working on a lease with the city of St. Louis. He's been consistent in that viewpoint since becoming the controlling owner last August."
    "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis, just as I did everything that I could to bring the team to St. Louis in 1995. I believe my actions speak for themselves."
    "There's a track record. I've always stepped up for pro football in St. Louis. And I'm stepping up one more time."
    "I'm born and raised in Missouri. I've been a Missourian for 60 years. People in our state know me. People know I can be trusted. People know I am an honorable guy."

Unlike the dead horse your beating. That was straight from the horses mouth. That horse being our team owner Stan.

Guess I need to post this in both your topics since it puts to rest your theory.
    I don't think that the Rams are the #1 team in the picture at this point. However, if the team does move to LA, Kroenke wouldn't be the first owner of a sports franchise to "change his mind." He says, "I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis...". He didn't say, "This team isn't moving." He said he'd "attempt" to do everything he can to keep the Rams in St louis. He wants a new stadium. If a deal can't be worked out for that, all bets are off.