Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    I'll be so happy for this thread to end when the Compton Jaguars represent the greater Los Angeles areas.
    Is that supposed to be some sort of insult? For those that know the history of the greater Los Angeles area, Compton was once a thriving town with both suburban living and grand ranches. It is also a portion of the one of the original Spanish land grants called Rancho Dominguez. I suppose the humor here is supposed to be aimed at the present day Compton where people of little education, opportunity and income struggle on a daily basis to survive and not are helped very much by the city's past 20 years of corruption. Man that is hilarious! Let's go get East LA, Venice and Watts next!

By the way, former NFL player Henry Ellard is originally from Compton, CA.
    Last edited by MoonJoe; -11-03-2011 at 09:07 PM.

"The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

At one point as a small child, I lived in Compton. I was born in Long Beach. We lived near Watts when it flamed up in riot.

Compton Jaguars had a nice ring to it when I thought of it. Still, though, I am quite direct if I mean insult - in case you have not noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    Is that supposed to be some sort of insult? For those that know the history of the greater Los Angeles area, Compton was once a thriving town with both suburban living and grand ranches. It is also a portion of the one of the original Spanish land grants called Rancho Dominguez. I suppose the humor here is supposed to be aimed at the present day Compton where people of little education, opportunity and income struggle on a daily basis to survive and not are helped very much by the city's past 20 years of corruption. Man that is hilarious! Let's go get East LA, Venice and Watts next!

By the way, former NFL player Henry Ellard is originally from Compton, CA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    At one point as a small child, I lived in Compton. I was born in Long Beach. We lived near Watts when it flamed up in riot.

Compton Jaguars had a nice ring to it when I thought of it. Still, though, I am quite direct if I mean insult - in case you have not noticed.
    No, I have never really noticed your insults before, direct or indirect. That would probably explain why I didn't understand the reference to Compton.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

adarian_too is offline Registered User

I had washed a couple of buttons down with some absinthe and the next thing I knew, I was puking and a chorus girl was being dragged down into the deep green sea. I said, fairies be dammned, it's Georgia-on-my-mind.

Hell with the 'ludes, I was going to enjoy this ride. Surely all would be right with the world in short order. The Rams would be returning to Cleveland and visions of Night Train Lane would be dancing with the Bears. The edge was sharp though. It was cutting deep. No way they were going back to an industrial wasteland.

But staying under the Arch??? If it doesn't fit, you must acquit. And the Rams just don't fit in Stl. Never did, never will. And if they can't go back to Cleveland, then they need to go back to LA. Will they?

Probably depends on whether Kronergraph is willing to give up an ownership stake.

Until then ... as Dylan said:

People are crazy, times are strange;
    I'm wrapped up tight, I'm out of range;
    I use to care, but things have changed.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too View Post
    I had washed a couple of buttons down with some absinthe and the next thing I knew, I was puking and a chorus girl was being dragged down into the deep green sea. I said, fairies be dammned, it's Georgia-on-my-mind.

Hell with the 'ludes, I was going to enjoy this ride. Surely all would be right with the world in short order. The Rams would be returning to Cleveland and visions of Night Train Lane would be dancing with the Bears. The edge was sharp though. It was cutting deep. No way they were going back to an industrial wasteland.

But staying under the Arch??? If it doesn't fit, you must acquit. And the Rams just don't fit in Stl. Never did, never will. And if they can't go back to Cleveland, then they need to go back to LA. Will they?

Probably depends on whether Kronergraph is willing to give up an ownership stake.

Until then ... as Dylan said:

People are crazy, times are strange;
    I'm wrapped up tight, I'm out of range;
    I use to care, but things have changed.
    And Adarian talked about some old times,
    And he drank himself some beers,
    Still crazy after all these years.
    Whoah, still crazy after all these years.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Adarian's a lot like Halley's Comet......he shows up once a generation, you can be looking right at him, and yet still not sure exactly what you're looking at.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I'm touched S & G came to mind. Given that you're a fan of Bono and I'm one of cutting-Edge, I'm tempted to give you:

It's not a hill, it's a mountain,
    As you start out the climb.
    Do you believe me, or are you doubting?
    We're gonna make it all the way to the light,
    But I know I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight.

But that might encourage you, so I'd rather just say:

You may be right,
    I may be crazy;
    But it just may be a lunatic they're looking for.
    Turn out the light,
    Don't try to save me.
    You may be wrong for all I know
    But you may be right.

In any case, the Rams don't fit in Stl. Never did, never will. Nothing against the people there. It's just time to bring the boys back home ...

netminder is offline Registered User

This Team will not get any better till they leave town and have to. I seen this before back 1995.

RamingtoLA is offline Registered User

Hey guys this from nbc sports

For those of you who are as willing to blindly believe right now that the Jaguars won’t move as you were willing to blindly believe Wayne Weaver when he said earlier this month that he isn’t selling the team, save yourself the aggravation and scroll past this story.
    For those of you who are willing to be skeptical of an industry that has generated ongoing proof of the value of skepticism, read on.
    If the Jaguars move, it may not be a foregone conclusion that they move to Los Angeles. There’s a chance they’ll move to St. Louis, with the Rams returning to L.A.
    As one executive with a team other than the Jaguars told PFT on Wednesday morning, “People that I trust think there is a chance [Rams owner] Stan Kroenke moves the Rams to L.A. and [Shahid] Khan moves to St. Louis.”
    At this point, no one knows with certainty what will happen. But it would be foolish to rule out anything, even if folks with a vested interest in propping up ticket sales and interest in the team in Jacksonville try desperately to ignore the content of the tea leaves.
    Once the minimum spending requirement per team kicks in come 2013, teams like the Jaguars won’t be able to stockpile $32.9 million in salary cap space. When that happens, there will be more incentive than ever to move NFL teams to where the money is.
    Folks in the one percent didn’t get there by being too stupid to realize that.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamingtoLA View Post
    Hey guys this from nbc sports

For those of you who are as willing to blindly believe right now that the Jaguars won’t move as you were willing to blindly believe Wayne Weaver when he said earlier this month that he isn’t selling the team, save yourself the aggravation and scroll past this story.
    For those of you who are willing to be skeptical of an industry that has generated ongoing proof of the value of skepticism, read on.
    If the Jaguars move, it may not be a foregone conclusion that they move to Los Angeles. There’s a chance they’ll move to St. Louis, with the Rams returning to L.A.
    As one executive with a team other than the Jaguars told PFT on Wednesday morning, “People that I trust think there is a chance [Rams owner] Stan Kroenke moves the Rams to L.A. and [Shahid] Khan moves to St. Louis.”
    At this point, no one knows with certainty what will happen. But it would be foolish to rule out anything, even if folks with a vested interest in propping up ticket sales and interest in the team in Jacksonville try desperately to ignore the content of the tea leaves.
    Once the minimum spending requirement per team kicks in come 2013, teams like the Jaguars won’t be able to stockpile $32.9 million in salary cap space. When that happens, there will be more incentive than ever to move NFL teams to where the money is.
    Folks in the one percent didn’t get there by being too stupid to realize that.
    If this were to happen, it would be ironic, and just. The Jaguars should have been the St Louis Stallion (IIRC), but the league's desire to keep a team out of St. Louis gave a franchis to Jacksonville, even when St. Louis was more prepared, and already had an eager fan base and stadium. Because the league gave a franchise to a city that wasn't ready for it, and St Louis had a stadium waiting for a team, it opened the door for Ma'dam Ram to move from LA. If the league rightfully gave that franchise to St. Louis, do you think Ma'dam Ram would have had the leverage to move the team from LA? Maybe with Baltimore, maybe not, but I doubt it.

This movement would reset things to the way they should have been in 1995. If this were to happen, I would still remain a RAMs fan, and the St Louis Stallion/Jaguars would probably become my second favorite team (currently that is whomever is playing against the 9ers, cheatriots, or stealers).

What about a move from Jville to LA, LA retains the RAMs, and St. Louis trades the Jaguar mascot for the Stallion. Or if you want to go back even further... LA retains the RAMS, St. Louis retains the Cardinals, and Arizona aquires a new name (Rattlers or Ringtails). Naah, that would be too confusing for the announcers to call the games.

gap

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I cant wait for this to happen. Los Angeles Rams, St. Louis Jaguars... I'll gladly take it!

FestusRam is offline Registered User

I don't see this team going anywhere. At least I hope not. Im obviously biased because I live near STL. However, I attended the Seahawks game a couple weeks ago and was surprised to see the stadium almost filled(with at least 90% Rams fans).

With everything I hear about STL only being a baseball town, it was nice to see some support from this area even after a terrible first half of the season. I think Kroenke realizes the potential in STL, he just needs to put a winner on the field and build a history with the team, starting with the GSOT.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    What about a move from Jville to LA, LA retains the RAMs, and St. Louis trades the Jaguar mascot for the Stallion. Or if you want to go back even further... LA retains the RAMS, St. Louis retains the Cardinals, and Arizona aquires a new name (Rattlers or Ringtails). Naah, that would be too confusing for the announcers to call the games.

gap
    Or, if you go back even firther, Cleveland has the Rams, and LA still wouldn't have any team....but could look forward to having the Chargers and/or Raiders....

Truth is offline Registered User

With the recent talk of Pat Bowlen's failing health, I would not be entirely surprised if Kroenke sold the Rams to AEG, and then bought the Broncos, or at least a controling share. It would allow him to be an NFL owner, and take back control of the rest of his sports empire. I think the NFL would like the idea as well.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

STL fans are an embarrassment. Bunch of old grannys that watch our games. As soon as you stand up and start cheering they call security. One of my friends was at the game, being a fan (what you're supposed to be and do) and was told by the people near him and security to sit down.

The only time the dome is EVER loud (Which it almost never is) is when were winning big (GSOT). Bandwagons.
    gap likes this.