Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    STL fans are an embarrassment. Bunch of old grannys that watch our games. As soon as you stand up and start cheering they call security. One of my friends was at the game, being a fan (what you're supposed to be and do) and was told by the people near him and security to sit down.

The only time the dome is EVER loud (Which it almost never is) is when were winning big (GSOT). Bandwagons.
    Ive never been that keen on the dome either. The move to St.Louis has not been great for the Rams, the fans, well, in some ways I dont blame them.? It does grate me seeing the way teams like the Chiefs, get a totally different kind of supporter.? Going back to L.A is looking quite appealing, if Im being honest. ?

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    STL fans are an embarrassment. Bunch of old grannys that watch our games. As soon as you stand up and start cheering they call security. One of my friends was at the game, being a fan (what you're supposed to be and do) and was told by the people near him and security to sit down.

The only time the dome is EVER loud (Which it almost never is) is when were winning big (GSOT). Bandwagons.
    This is, unfortunately, the trueth; but mostly (only???) in the lower seats. I have frequently sat with a friend in the Club Seats, and we were never told to sit down. I have been in the nose-bleed section several times, and again, never told to sit down. I have had the luxury of using one of Dez' seats just below the pressbox. Again, no one complained about us standing and cheering. I also had the luxury of using Ms. Jane's seats during the Holiday season of 1999. Just about everytime I stood up to cheer, I was told to sit down. They even called security once. When the guard came to have me sit, I asked him as nicely as I could where on the ticket it said I had to sit. I also asked him if he ever watched a game in Arrowhead. The guard gave me a little grief to satisfy the stuffed shirts, and then said he would eject me if he had to come back, with a bit of a wink.

IMO, the primary reason for this is the PSLs that cater to the people who see the tickets as an investment instead of a sporting event. I also had some inside contacts that enlightened me on how the PSL "lottery" worked. Once all the entries were picked, they started filling the highest priced seats first, and then worked their way down. This had an unintended effect of putting the fanatic types up higher, and the stuffed shirt business types down lower.

gap

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

with the Sale of the Jags and the raiders possibly sharing a stadium with the *****, I can't wait for my team to make a possible return home......$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in LA or not much $$ in STL, tough call for Stan.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmaidenram View Post
    with the Sale of the Jags and the raiders possibly sharing a stadium with the *****, I can't wait for my team to make a possible return home......$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in LA or not much $$ in STL, tough call for Stan.
    I do hope this works out for the Rams. It's going to be interesting in the next few years, either way.?

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

This Jags' sale could make a RAMs move to LA even less likely. With a Central Illinois owner of a football team, I doubt Stan would leave St. Louis, as that would open the door for another person to own a team in his home town. And the article posted in the NFL Talk forum states that Kahn will keep the Jags in Jax.

Also, doesn't a sale have to be approved by the league for it to be complete?

gap

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmaidenram View Post
    Actually, the Jags sale to Khan opens the door even wider for the LA Jaguars to become a reality. Khan has no ties to Florida. If as you say LA is $$$$$$$$$, then Khan should be renting a bunch of U-hauls as we speak. If as you say LA is $$$$$$$$, why would Khan (or any other owner for that matter) wait around for Kroenke to swoop in and take all that money....er, excuse me, take all that $$$$$$$$.

If a team moving to LA really does equate to $$$$$$$$$$, why has a decade and a half passed without a single team moving there. Seems simplistic at best, and completely inaccurate more likely.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Jags should move to St Louie! Bring the Rams back home to LA!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Actually, the Jags sale to Khan opens the door even wider for the LA Jaguars to become a reality. Khan has no ties to Florida. If as you say LA is $$$$$$$$$, then Khan should be renting a bunch of U-hauls as we speak. If as you say LA is $$$$$$$$, why would Khan (or any other owner for that matter) wait around for Kroenke to swoop in and take all that money....er, excuse me, take all that $$$$$$$$.

If a team moving to LA really does equate to $$$$$$$$$$, why has a decade and a half passed without a single team moving there. Seems simplistic at best, and completely inaccurate more likely.
    Actually, the Weavers only sold the team to Kahn because he promised not to move them. Weaver turned down offers from AEG because he didn't wnat them to leave Jacksonville.. As I stated in an earlier post, I believe it is possible that Kroenke would buy controling interest in the Broncos from an ailing Pat Bowlens, and sell the Rams to his buddy at AEG. This move would allow him to own an NFL team and take back control of his other pro teams in Denver.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

BlueTalon is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    The Vikings leaving Minnesota would be like the Bears leaving Chicago, or the Packers leaving Green Bay. It shouldn't even be allowed to happen.
    You mean like the Colts leaving Baltimore or the Cardinals leaving St Louis or the Rams leaving LA?

Actually, the Weavers only sold the team to Kahn because he promised not to move them.
    Oh well, if he promised....
    MoonJoe and gap like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

I also believe the stadium deal in Jacksonville would be a very big issue. I don't think Jacksonville is the likely team from the AFC to move to LA. I think SD is a stronger candidate. There are couple of deals in the works in Minnesota, and I'm not completely convinced the NFL would approve a Vikings move if a stadium in downtown Minneapolis is offered instead of the location that Mr Wilf prefers. While Minneapolis isn't a large TV market, it is a solid NFL market, and I don't think the NFL wants to taint the fans here. Who knows where this all will go. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. One thing I'm sure of, it'll be easier to get quality free agents to move to L.A., than it will be to get them to STL. Location only matters to me in so much as how it will help the team improve and remain competitive.

One thing I'm sure of, it'll be easier to get quality free agents to move to L.A., than it will be to get them to STL.
    Another concept of which I question the veracity.

If this were true, then why can't all the other LA teams (save the Lakers) bring in all the top free agents? It's not like the Dodgers, Kings, and Clippers are having to beat top tier FA's away with a stick.

I'll answer my own question.......it's because these players are interested in the money and the franchise much more than they are geography.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Another concept of which I question the veracity.

If this were true, then why can't all the other LA teams (save the Lakers) bring in all the top free agents? It's not like the Dodgers, Kings, and Clippers are having to beat top tier FA's away with a stick.

I'll answer my own question.......it's because these players are interested in the money and the franchise much more than they are geography.
    I must respectfully disagree with you. Dodgers = Manny Ramirez, Kings = Wayne Gretzke (probably others, I don't follow hockey), Clippers are the "other" L.A. team. No one wants to go to the Clippers because, A. they stink, and 2. If you're not playing for the Lakers, why go to L.A.? Most of the time the teams in L.A. (except the Lakers) aren't willing to shell out the bucks to get players. That's a team philosophy, not a commentary on the desirability and draw of L.A.

Most of the time the teams in L.A. (except the Lakers) aren't willing to shell out the bucks to get players. That's a team philosophy, not a commentary on the desirability and draw of L.A.
    So then we agree......money, not geography, is the single biggest factor in drawing free agents.

1980RAMS is offline Registered User

Sorry to say it St Louis....

We took your best player in baseball..

SOON we will be taking the Rams to there rightful home..