Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 1980RAMS View Post
    Sorry to say it St Louis....

We took your best player in baseball..

SOON we will be taking the Rams to there rightful home..
    We underpaid him for a decade, now you get to overpay him for a decade. Fair trade from my perspective.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Im hoping God and Stan get this right... Bring the Rams back to where they belong... LA RAMS forever!!

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    We underpaid him for a decade, now you get to overpay him for a decade. Fair trade from my perspective.
    I'm a big Angels fan also but I have got to agree with this comment. While I am happy that the Angels have scored Albert, I cannot say that I am not a little worried about a 10 year contract for a 30 year old player...

These things have a way of blowing up in one's face in the future.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Puljos guaranteed 10 years or with an option out?

Anyways, the Lakers just got Chris Paul, looks like there is still money left in LA even after the recession...
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

ROB'S RAMPAGE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    I'm a big Angels fan also but I have got to agree with this comment. While I am happy that the Angels have scored Albert, I cannot say that I am not a little worried about a 10 year contract for a 30 year old player...

I wouldnt worry about it at all. You folks play in the american league and have the DH spot. Albert has an easy 5-6 years in the field then DH. Also barring catastrophic injury, toward the end of the contract he should be in the ballpark of Bond's homerun record. If so, that will be a $$ winfall for ownership and a hot ticket for the home towners. Big win for the Angels.

Truth is offline Registered User

So then we agree......money, not geography, is the single biggest factor in drawing free agents.
    Funny/clever...but wrong. Money AND location matter. Small market TV location or 2nd largest in the country. Gee, I wonder which one is more appealing? Hold on, let's ask Mr Pujols.
    ROB'S RAMPAGE likes this.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Funny/clever...but wrong. Money AND location matter. Small market TV location or 2nd largest in the country. Gee, I wonder which one is more appealing? Hold on, let's ask Mr Pujols.
    Hey, I'm a huge Angel's fan and I hate this move..
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

It was the 30 million more that lured him away not going to cali......

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Hey, I'm a huge Angel's fan and I hate this move..
    What in the world are you talking about? While I agree there may be some financial issues that may appear at some point it is not lost on me that it is not my money involved.

From baseball perspective this deal makes perfect sense. Heck, the Angels were outscored by the (St)Rangers last year by about 200 runs. Pujols should help in that department big time. NTM we finally have a true, true 3 hole/clean up hitter for first time since ......well,I don't remember, maybe Tim Salmon or whoever. At any rate Albert should also make the people around him much better (I'm looking at you Vernon Wells/Torry Hunter) and this should also help the offense.

Having said all that I am almost as pleased that we signed C.J. Wilson. We needed a lefty and another starter and we got one. Plus it doesn't hurt that we have made the StRangers a little less powerful either!

WHAT SAY YE?

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

What in the world are you talking about? While I agree there may be some financial issues that may appear at some point it is not lost on me that it is not my money involved.

From baseball perspective this deal makes perfect sense. Heck, the Angels were outscored by the (St)Rangers last year by about 200 runs. Pujols should help in that department big time. NTM we finally have a true, true 3 hole/clean up hitter for first time since ......well,I don't remember, maybe Tim Salmon or whoever. At any rate Albert should also make the people around him much better (I'm looking at you Vernon Wells/Torry Hunter) and this should also help the offense.

Having said all that I am almost as pleased that we signed C.J. Wilson. We needed a lefty and another starter and we got one. Plus it doesn't hurt that we have made the StRangers a little less powerful either!:

WHAT SAY YE?
    What I'm saying is that financially it's a horrible decision. Tying up that kind of money for a player already on the decline is ludicrous. Wilson was a great acquisition, and I think they'll get much more out of that pick. But Pujols just isn't worth that kind of money. It's not about putting butts in the seat because the Angels are already putting more butts in the seats than most teams, by a substantial amount.

The guy will be an improvement over other possiblities, but for that kind of dough?

But this was a Rams moving to LA thread so I'm going to go back on topic.

Come on home Rams!
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

HAHAHAHAHA. That's a good one!

Um, yea, it was the extra $40M, home-slice. He doesn't care how many people watch TV in the LA area.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    What I'm saying is that financially it's a horrible decision. Tying up that kind of money for a player already on the decline is ludicrous. Wilson was a great acquisition, and I think they'll get much more out of that pick. But Pujols just isn't worth that kind of money. It's not about putting butts in the seat because the Angels are already putting more butts in the seats than most teams, by a substantial amount.

The guy will be an improvement over other possiblities, but for that kind of dough?

But this was a Rams moving to LA thread so I'm going to go back on topic.

Come on home Rams!
    Since they play on Monday night in Seattle, they won't be back home until early Tuesday. I'm sure they'll be pretty tired once they get into Lambert. But I digress.....

You are absolutely right about the Angels making a horrible financial decision. If his body holds together, he has maybe 3 more years in the field, at which point the Angels will be spend the subsequent 7 years paying $25M per year for a DH.

I hate losing the face of the Cards over the past decade, but the Cards will go on. I would have hated more tying up that much money for a symbol.

30? 'fraid not. He'll be at least 32 in January. AT LEAST 32.

He's a great player, and will be an excellent face for the Angels franchise. But he's got at most 3 years on top of the game, if that.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

HAHAHAHAHA. That's a good one!

Um, yea, it was the extra $40M, home-slice. He doesn't care how many people watch TV in the LA area.
    He may not care if the people of LA are watching, but the TV executives do because the audience in LA is the second largest possible. Which gives them more money to pay the team for local television rights. Which gives the team the ability to pay him more money. Ergo, location is important when it comes to income. The struggle it seems will always be the ability of smaller markets to compete with the larger markets.
    Truth likes this.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    It was the 30 million more that lured him away not going to cali......
    And how does a team get the revenue????? TV contract in 2nd largest market.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!