Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

Truth is offline Registered User

Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA. That's a good one!

Um, yea, it was the extra $40M, home-slice. He doesn't care how many people watch TV in the LA area.
    And I guess the revenue generated from TV contracts in the 2nd largest market didn't help them pay for that either. However, the "No Trade" clause had a great deal to do with his move. He also has a better chance of earning more of the contract going to an AL club because of the DH rule. Whether or not it was a smart move by L.A. is yet to be seen. However, I'd bet they're looking at the value of winning with Pujols now (3 to 5 years), not over the next 10 years. Gangs of revenue to be earned with WS appearances.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    And how does a team get the revenue????? TV contract in 2nd largest market.
    I guess STL can't compete with you big market teams because we don't over spend. But excuse us while we go get our 11th ring fitted. Man guess we will have to put this one on our toe no more fingers. You guys need to borrow any rings? Money doesn't matter the cards are easy examples. They compete year after year and don't over spend.
    makersncoke likes this.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    I guess STL can't compete with you big market teams because we don't over spend. But excuse us while we go get our 11th ring fitted. Man guess we will have to put this one on our toe no more fingers. You guys need to borrow any rings? Money doesn't matter the cards are easy examples. They compete year after year and don't over spend.
    I just love to watch this thread bounce all over the place like McDaniel's trying figure out the opposing team's defense!

Anyway, not sure anyone one said big markets always win championships, they just said its easier for them to attract free agents. I would point to the Gretzky trade in the late 80's. The Kings never got the cup, but they did get old 99.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    The difference being, of course, this isn't a player with a finite career. This is a franchise (as opposed to a player) with no terminal season in sight. They were the Los Angeles Rams. They are the St. Louis Rams. Hence the reason I said one-and-only Super Bowl win. With all due respect to him, Fred is wrong. The logo, the name, the colors......it all belonged to Georgia; and she sold 40% to Stan; who in turn purchased a majority share last share. I'm sure Steve was personally upset by what happened, but the Rams have done quite well in St. Louis.

Look, I get all the desire for a nostalgic return to days gone by. But in the end it doesn't change the fact that the Rams ARE home. It may not be the home of your memories, but their home just the same.

I feel for the Rams fans from LA. The team moved away; that's got to suck.
    I feel even more for the Rams fans from LA who bitterly cling to the notion that they will return. That's got to be an even worse feeling.

Hey HUb )

Its grand to talk with you after all these years ) I really have to disagree a bit my friend on your assessment of the rams and L.A. )

Having been around and followed the Rams since 1958 in L.A. The Rams from LA still hold many records in the NFL today , To say they won a supper bowl and have done better in STL is well not really correct ) yes they did win the supper Bowl , But the rams before that and after that have been really really bad lol in LA they have won more titles in LA more than any where out of the three places they have called home . ( not saying they did not have some bad years lol They did )

As far as Steve goes if he had been kept the Rams would have been right up their again with one of the best NFL teams , Carrol never drowned and that's all I will say about that . Georgia Frontiere made it clear she wanted out of LA for a # of reason and would not spend much more than a dime to keep the team moving forward , In fact when the rams moved to STL she lived in AZ ...

Frontiere Spit on LA and the Rams players that made the Rams what it is and was , I posted some video's of some of the players like Jack Y , Freddy , Merlin , Decon , and others never once did they ever ask them to come to STL as many teams do out of respect for their old vet players in different functions .

i guess one could say I'm still very bitter about how she did it , But being far I don't care where the Rams go , I'll be their as a die hard fan . As a boy sitting in the stands and seeing those white uniforms with the white horns really changed my life to a point , I don't think the Rams will ever go back to LA which truly saddens me , As for me , Its where they belong and is where they made NFL history in So many different categories , Its like moving Green bay .

1. Lets see who knows which team in the NFL to hold the lowest amount of yards allowed in a game ???
    2. who was the 1st team to ever play on TV in front of over 100K fan in the stadium ???
    3. 1st team to ever have a Logo on their helmet ???
    4. 1st team to ever have have a black QB
    5. 1st team to ever have the same three players sent to the pro bowl for 8 years or 9 years in row
    6. which three team holds the most Div titles in the NFL from the 1940's to the 1990's
    7. which top three team from their start have been the most successful in $$$$$$$

their are a lot more 1st and in the top three ranking for the RAMS and their rams players in different categories , Oh ya by the way all of the above were the LA RAMS

The #1 answer is -13 yards by The LARAMS

Please let me be clear on this , As I stated above I will follow the rams anywhere they go or if they stay in STL , It is what it is . But to say old buddy that the Rams were or are more successful in STL is a far cry from reality except for their run in 2000 to 2002 the rams before and after have been at the bottom of the NFL teams . The LA Rams have a load more of NFL records , championships and history than the STL Rams have or will have due to the time in LA .

All I want to see and feel is what we felt in the 50's , 60 , the 70 , 80's and in 2001 and 2002 , Knowing when they come on the field that they will be able to WIN , Knowing they have the ability to win each game they play , they sure do not now and have not since we lost the supper Bowl in 2002
    Last edited by OldRamsfan; -12-11-2011 at 05:01 AM.

macrammer is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by OldRamsfan View Post
    Hey HUb )

Its grand to talk with you after all these years ) I really have to disagree a bit my friend on your assessment of the rams and L.A. )

Having been around and followed the Rams since 1958 in L.A. The Rams from LA still hold many records in the NFL today , To say they won a supper bowl and have done better in STL is well not really correct ) yes they did win the supper Bowl , But the rams before that and after that have been really really bad lol in LA they have won more titles in LA more than any where out of the three places they have called home . ( not saying they did not have some bad years lol They did )

As far as Steve goes if he had been kept the Rams would have been right up their again with one of the best NFL teams , Carrol never drowned and that's all I will say about that . Georgia Frontiere made it clear she wanted out of LA for a # of reason and would not spend much more than a dime to keep the team moving forward , In fact when the rams moved to STL she lived in AZ ...

Frontiere Spit on LA and the Rams players that made the Rams what it is and was , I posted some video's of some of the players like Jack Y , Freddy , Merlin , Decon , and others never once did they ever ask them to come to STL as many teams do out of respect for their old vet players in different functions .

i guess one could say I'm still very bitter about how she did it , But being far I don't care where the Rams go , I'll be their as a die hard fan . As a boy sitting in the stands and seeing those white uniforms with the white horns really changed my life to a point , I don't think the Rams will ever go back to LA which truly saddens me , As for me , Its where they belong and is where they made NFL history in So many different categories , Its like moving Green bay .

1. Lets see who knows which team in the NFL to hold the lowest amount of yards allowed in a game ???
    2. who was the 1st team to ever play on TV in front of over 100K fan in the stadium ???
    3. 1st team to ever have a Logo on their helmet ???
    4. 1st team to ever have have a black QB
    5. 1st team to ever have the same three players sent to the pro bowl for 8 years or 9 years in row
    6. which three team holds the most Div titles in the NFL from the 1940's to the 1990's
    7. which top three team from their start have been the most successful in $$$$$$$

their are a lot more 1st and in the top three ranking for the RAMS and their rams players in different categories , Oh ya by the way all of the above were the LA RAMS

The #1 answer is -13 yards by The LARAMS

Please let me be clear on this , As I stated above I will follow the rams anywhere they go or if they stay in STL , It is what it is . But to say old buddy that the Rams were or are more successful in STL is a far cry from reality except for their run in 2000 to 2002 the rams before and after have been at the bottom of the NFL teams . The LA Rams have a load more of NFL records , championships and history than the STL Rams have or will have due to the time in LA .

All I want to see and feel is what we felt in the 50's , 60 , the 70 , 80's and in 2001 and 2002 , Knowing when they come on the field that they will be able to WIN , Knowing they have the ability to win each game they play , they sure do not now and have not since we lost the supper Bowl in 2002
    Great post! I like the passion you show here.......We set the record of fewest yards in the old Seattle Kingfdome with Jack Youngblood leading the D. Pat Haden was QB. I was at a LA Coliseum game when the audience was announced at 97,000 fans! James Harris was a good not great QB out of Grambling. Rams won the NFC West 9 consecutive seasons in the 70's.

LA Rams were one of the top NFL franchises during their tenure. St Louis tenure has been marred with losing after losing save for the GSOT years. I wonder how many post LA Ram fans really understand the history and legacy of the LA Rams? I wonder if most of the post LA Rams fans know more about the history of the St Louis Cardinals football team. St Louis has not proven to be a great spot for a consistently winning NFL team. Cardinals were never at top of the league and now the Rams are just lousy year after year. I wonder how many post LA Rams fans from the midwest would still be Ram fans if they were in LA again? And from other comments, it would appear that the Dome is not a truly rabid enviornment that a team can gain energy from. Why should the Rams stay in St Louis?

When I see fans on this forum from California, I know the pain and hole that was left when the Rams were moved. I also see a fellow fan that has them in their blood and will root for them wherever they play.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I have great news gentlemen... Check it out! :

The Minnesota Vikings are reportedly close to signing a deal to remain in Minnesota.Peter King reported on NBC's "Football Night in America" Sunday that it’s no longer a question of "if" but "when" the team officially commits to staying in the state, according to ProFootballTalk.com.The team's lease with the Metrodome expires after the end of the regular season, and there has been speculation that the Vikings could move to Los Angeles if they're unable to arrange a deal for a new stadium in Minnesota."Look for the Vikings to sign a long-term deal and build a new stadium in Minnesota so that they will not be a candidate to move to Los Angeles," King said. "Everybody had been rumoring that they were going to L.A. The Vikings are going to stay in Minneapolis."The team would prefer to build a new stadium in suburban Ramsey County, but some state officials favor a new stadium in downtown Minneapolis.

1 team down, 2 to go. Looks like our team is headed back to where they belong!!

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I have great news gentlemen... Check it out! :

The Minnesota Vikings are reportedly close to signing a deal to remain in Minnesota.Peter King reported on NBC's "Football Night in America" Sunday that it’s no longer a question of "if" but "when" the team officially commits to staying in the state, according to ProFootballTalk.com.The team's lease with the Metrodome expires after the end of the regular season, and there has been speculation that the Vikings could move to Los Angeles if they're unable to arrange a deal for a new stadium in Minnesota."Look for the Vikings to sign a long-term deal and build a new stadium in Minnesota so that they will not be a candidate to move to Los Angeles," King said. "Everybody had been rumoring that they were going to L.A. The Vikings are going to stay in Minneapolis."The team would prefer to build a new stadium in suburban Ramsey County, but some state officials favor a new stadium in downtown Minneapolis.

1 team down, 2 to go. Looks like our team is headed back to where they belong!!

I think their are still at least three out there still, Sosa.? San Diego, Oakland, Jags are still unsettled I thought.
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -12-26-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    I think their are still at least three out there still, Sosa.? San Diego, Oakland, Jags are still unsettled I thought.
    I think the Jags are pretty much out of it at this point. That does not mean the Rams are going to move. As for the Raiders and Chargers, they're both still in play. However, it's very unlikely that the league would allow both to mave as they are both AFC teams and shifting one to NFC comes with its own issues. Oakland is looking at the possibility of getting a stadium to share with the team-that-should-not-be-named in SF. The Raiders have a great fanbase in Oakland, and I doubt the league wants to mess with that. The Chargers seem the most likely to move first. They have very little hope of getting a new stadium in SD, and moving them would not completely alienate their fanbase, as they'd only have about a 2 1/2 hour drive to get to games.

I do believe the Rams are still in the mix. However, we're really not going to have a very clear picture until after the season, when the Rams will start negotiating in STL for stadium updates to meet contract requirements.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I think the Jags are pretty much out of it at this point. That does not mean the Rams are going to move. As for the Raiders and Chargers, they're both still in play. However, it's very unlikely that the league would allow both to mave as they are both AFC teams and shifting one to NFC comes with its own issues. Oakland is looking at the possibility of getting a stadium to share with the team-that-should-not-be-named in SF. The Raiders have a great fanbase in Oakland, and I doubt the league wants to mess with that. The Chargers seem the most likely to move first. They have very little hope of getting a new stadium in SD, and moving them would not completely alienate their fanbase, as they'd only have about a 2 1/2 hour drive to get to games.

I do believe the Rams are still in the mix. However, we're really not going to have a very clear picture until after the season, when the Rams will start negotiating in STL for stadium updates to meet contract requirements.
    Thanks for the information Truth.

RamingtoLA is offline Registered User

Hey guys you might have seen thins already. Pm me for the link if you want.

Apparently two sources with inside knowledge of the St. Louis Rams are claiming that the football team MIGHT plan to move back to Southern California after the 2013-2014 NFL season

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Rams fans in LA need to accept this: The Rams may never come back

Rams fans in St. Louis need to accept this: The Rams may leave
    Harry S. Truman and RuffRams like this.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post

I'm from neither city so I'm a Ram fan for life!
    Fettmaster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post

Absolutely. Kroenke being the savvy businessman he is, is not going to tip his hand and give away any negotiating advantage he has with the CVC or the folks in L.A.. Whatever is going to happen, we'll know by the end of 2012. I'm not going to worry about it.

Harry S. Truman is offline Registered User

That son of a ***** Dick Nixon thinks the Rams are coming back to LA too, but I think Stab Kronke is a man of integrity and honor who will keep the Rams here.

1980RAMS is offline Registered User

Chargers moving to LA would be a joke. It would never be accepted in the LA base as a team that truly moved. There will have to be a second team coming Rams or Raiders as well.