Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 1980RAMS View Post
    Chargers moving to LA would be a joke. It would never be accepted in the LA base as a team that truly moved. There will have to be a second team coming Rams or Raiders as well.
    Myself and many of my friends disagree. The Chargers originated in LA and I we would welcome them back.

On the same note, one davis's son said today that they are looking for a new stadium and will either; get a new one in Oakland (unlikely) share the new stadium with the Whiners, or move to LA. They confirmed that they have been in talks with LA about the new stadium. But the guy said they absolutely must get out of the Oakland coliseum to be competitive.

News I did not want to hear.
    Last edited by RAMFANRAIDERHATER; -01-12-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Faithful Rams fan since 1968

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    They confirmed that they have been in talks with LA about the new stadium.
    News I did not want to hear.
    As I said once before, "there goes the neighborhood!"
    MoonJoe likes this.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    As I said once before, "there goes the neighborhood!"
    No kidding.... There's enough gang-banging, RaiderNation punks around LA as it is. They don't want or need any more.

Which is why I live in the OC... LOL. No Raider nation. Charger Nation, Transplant Nation (insert name of team here) and us old RAM Nation types yes, but that's cool.

From what I hear and read locally, we should know something concrete before the end of February. Who is coming and when....

RamingtoLA is offline Registered User

The La times is reporting today Stan may have bid on the Dodgers. What happened to crosstown ownership.
    St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke has explored whether to bid for the Dodgers, two people familiar with the sale process said Monday. It is uncertain whether Kroenke has submitted an offer. Rams spokesman Ted Crews did not return messages Monday night

Quote Originally Posted by RamingtoLA View Post
    The La times is reporting today Stan may have bid on the Dodgers. What happened to crosstown ownership.
    St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke has explored whether to bid for the Dodgers, two people familiar with the sale process said Monday. It is uncertain whether Kroenke has submitted an offer. Rams spokesman Ted Crews did not return messages Monday night
    Rams Owner Stan Kroenke Exploring Bid For Los Angeles Dodgers

Known bidders include an investment group with Magic Johnson, who has been involved in the efforts to get an NFL franchise to L.A., Joe Torre and L.A. developer Rick Caruso, and several others.
    An attempt to buy the Dodgers matches Kroenke's trend of scooping up trouble sports franchises sitting on a treasure chest of potential value. As for why he would want the Dodgers, look no further than McCourt's agreement to sell two decades of TV rights for $3 billion. That's a significant amount of "jack," and with the right approach, the team could probably get even more.
    Kroenke owns professional sports properties in London, Denver and St. Louis. Occam's razor says that his reported efforts to purchase the Dodgers should be seen as nothing more than the possibility of acquiring another profitable business. I haven't heard many rumors about the Avalanche or Nuggets or Arsenal moving. The news will fuel further speculation about the Rams' future in St. Louis, which is only natural given the tenuous situation and the upcoming lease negotiations. Whether that's logical or not, an anxious fan base will greet the news with suspicion.
    UPDATE: Kroenke does not "own" the Denver franchises anymore, having transferred them to his son to get in line with league rules about cross-ownership. Those rules would not apply in the case of the Dodgers since there is no NFL team in L.A. ... yet.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

UPDATE: Kroenke does not "own" the Denver franchises anymore, having transferred them to his son to get in line with league rules about cross-ownership. Those rules would not apply in the case of the Dodgers since there is no NFL team in L.A. ... yet.
    This would do one of three things.

1) Kroenke is granfathered in, and could own the Dodgers after a team moves to LA.
    2) This would end the talk of a team going to LA, as the league could not move a team to a city that another team owner has a cross-ownership
    3) Kroenke holds the city ransom to force the league to end the cross-ownership rule, and he gets is other sports teams back.

gap

MelloStang is offline Registered User

For anyone who wants the Rams to stay the Dodgers thing should be good news, if he buys them he can't move the Rams there it would violate the rules. I still think they will be moving and can't wait, St. Louis is a baseball town .

I believe if he buys the Dodgers, he'll have to give up the Rams in St Louis or MOVE them to LA. Just like he had to move ownership of the Denver teams because they were in competing markets.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

I believe if he buys the Dodgers, he'll have to give up the Rams in St Louis or MOVE them to LA. Just like he had to move ownership of the Denver teams because they were in competing markets.
    He is going to buy the dodgers and move them to St Louis so that STL has two baseball teams and a football team.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

There's no rule against him owning the Dodgers because L.A. is not an NFL city. The reason he can't own the Rams and the Nuggets is that Denver IS and NFL city.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    There's no rule against him owning the Dodgers because L.A. is not an NFL city. The reason he can't own the Rams and the Nuggets is that Denver IS and NFL city.
    But what if a team subsequently moves to LA? How do cross-ownership rules apply at that point? (Real question, I don't know the answer)

In any case, this is another data point indicating that a Rams move to LA is a real possibility.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    This would do one of three things.

1) Kroenke is granfathered in, and could own the Dodgers after a team moves to LA.
    2) This would end the talk of a team going to LA, as the league could not move a team to a city that another team owner has a cross-ownership
    3) Kroenke holds the city ransom to force the league to end the cross-ownership rule, and he gets is other sports teams back.

gap
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Weasel View Post
    But what if a team subsequently moves to LA? How do cross-ownership rules apply at that point? (Real question, I don't know the answer)

In any case, this is another data point indicating that a Rams move to LA is a real possibility.
    Uncharted territory, but I would think 1 and/or 3 above would apply.

gap

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MelloStang View Post
    I still think they will be moving and can't wait, St. Louis is a baseball town .
    Im so sick of people saying St. Louis is a "baseball town".

So what!? Because its a baseball town means that it cant be a football town too? No

Yeah, the cardinals have been there for a long time and have a very rich history there. They also win year in and year out. Ofcourse, fans of all ages can relate to a team like that.

The Rams havent been there long at all and a large majority of the years there have been awful. The prior ownership and decisions by the franchise has turned people off.

I went to the Seahawks game late this year and was surprised at the amount of fans there.

Quite a bit actually.

Look all I'm saying is St. Louis can fill the dome consistently if we atleast are COMPETETIVE. Like 7-9, 8-8 competetive. Not 1-15,2-14,3-13.

I guarantee with the way Kroenkes doing things now(Hiring Fisher along with the experienced staff) there will be alot more interest from the casual fan.

About them moving, worrying about it now wont change a thing so I'll sweat it if it happens.

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

According to this article on Forbes, it sounds like he can own the Dodgers and Rams as long as they are in the same city.

Forbes 400 member Stan Kroenke is among those bidding for the Los Angeles Dodgers. Kroenke’s bid for the Dodgers was first reported by the Daily Mail and later confirmed by Forbes.

If the billionaire gets the MLB team then St. Louis can say adios to the NFL’s Rams, who have been in Kroenke’s control since August 2010 when he dolled out $450 million to buy the 60% percent share of the team held by Chip Rosenbloom and his sister, Lucia Rodriguez.

NFL rules prohibit an owner from having controlling interest in a major sports team outside of the football team’s market. Kroenke is the world’s biggest sports mogul, with controlling stakes in the NBA’s Denver Nuggets, the NHL’s Colorado Avalanche, MLS’ Colorado Rapids and the iconic English soccer club Arsenal. He also started his own regional sports network, Altitude Sports and Entertainment, for his teams in Denver. It is the likely strategy for whom ever buys the Dodgers to do the exact same thing with either Fox or Time Warner.

Farmers Field, a new football stadium proposal for Los Angeles that is being developed by AEG could be ready by the 2016 NFL season. The timing would work out nicely for Kroenke. His lease agreement with the city runs through 2025 but has a clause that allows the Rams to leave every 10 years unless the Edward Jones Dome is not judged to be in the top 25 percent of all NFL stadiums. The stadium is most likely in the bottom half of the league after new stadiums in Dallas and New York.
    Next Wednesday, Feb. 1, is the deadline for the St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission to outline how it will transform the Edward Jones Dome into a “first-tier” stadium by 2015. If it fails to do so, the Rams can break their lease and bolt St. Louis after the 2014 season. I don’t see how the politicians think they can get taxpayers in a city that has never been a hot-bed for football, to agree to pony up the $50 million or so of taxpayer money that would be needed to make Edward Jones Dome among the league’s elite stadiums, especially since $24 million in public money from the state and city are already slotted to pay off the stadium’s debt through 2025.
    Even if Kroenke doen’t get the Dodgers, the fact that he is bidding for the team implies the Rams are bolting for L.A.

MikeD is offline Registered User

I know most are not into the whole Rams to LA, but I'm as giddy as a school girl right now since I live in LA! :P