Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    I know most are not into the whole Rams to LA, but I'm as giddy as a school girl right now since I live in LA! :P
    Actually Mike, MOST are "into the whole Rams to LA" thing....

Faithful Rams fan since 1968

MikeD is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Oh? I guess my eyes focused only on the negative stuff the past couple years. Glad to hear it's more positive!!

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

I dare LA to steal the Rams from STL. After the whole pujols thing STL residents are liable to burn LA down lol.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Define "MOST".

Either way they're staying in St. Louis thanks to a rejuvenation by Coach Fisher thus skyrocketing ticket sales and an agreement between Kroenke and the city of St. Louis.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    Define "MOST".
    The only empirical evidence I've seen on this issue is from our own little microcosm here at ClanRam. The poll is a couple of years old now, but was a simple choice between "LA vs. StL", and I believe it came out with an ever so slight leaning towards LA; something like 51%-49%.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    The only empirical evidence I've seen on this issue is from our own little microcosm here at ClanRam. The poll is a couple of years old now, but was a simple choice between "LA vs. StL", and I believe it came out with an ever so slight leaning towards LA; something like 51%-49%.
    ...and that's pretty sad when you would think that the poll would have heavily favored a stay in Stl since that is their current home. Do that poll in just about any NFL website with any other NFL team and the numbers would not even compare. It just shows that there is a much larger fanbase here in So. Cal still rooting for the Rams.

And my comment is based on the sampling I read on the ClanRam threads, and not just that poll. Those living in California strongly support a return, those living in places other than LA or Stl. are about split, because let's face it, if the team is not currently in their town, what do they care where they call "home"? That leaves the fans of Missouri, and quite frankly, it hasn't been all that strong.

...and that's pretty sad when you would think that the poll would have heavily favored a stay in Stl since that is their current home. Do that poll in just about any NFL website with any other NFL team and the numbers would not even compare. It just shows that there is a much larger fanbase here in So. Cal still rooting for the Rams.

And my comment is based on the sampling I read on the ClanRam threads, and not just that poll. Those living in California strongly support a return, those living in places other than LA or Stl. are about split, because let's face it, if the team is not currently in their town, what do they care where they call "home"? That leaves the fans of Missouri, and quite frankly, it hasn't been all that strong.
    How can you come to the conclusion that there is a "much larger fanbase in So. Cal" because of a forum and a poll? How is that good evidence? You could hardly call that a sample size.

I would also like to point out that the Rams havent had a winning record in over EIGHT SEASONS. Thats right, eight. But if you want to keep railing the Missouri fanbase go ahead, they will be in Stl for the long haul so you might as well get used to it.

Thats the way I see it playing out. Either way I'm not going to put alot of thought into it. The Rams are my team no matter where they end up. Also, a Rams fan is a Rams fan no matter where they are from or where they want the team to end up. We shouldnt forget that.
    Last edited by FestusRam; -01-30-2012 at 01:28 PM.

please delete this post

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    I dare LA to steal the Rams from STL. After the whole pujols thing STL residents are liable to burn LA down lol.
    They citizens themselves keep trying that about every 25 years, but it never works!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

supachump is offline Registered User

delete this message..
    Last edited by supachump; -01-30-2012 at 10:43 PM. Reason: not worth the effort

I would also like to point out that the Rams havent had a winning record in over EIGHT SEASONS. Thats right, eight. But if you want to keep railing the Missouri fanbase go ahead, they will be in Stl for the long haul so you might as well get used to it.
    ...and your point is?

When we had the same issue in LA it was because "LA can't support an NFL team." or... "They're all just a bunch of bandwagon fans."

But in Missouri a losing franchise is a good reason to not support? ...and when we point that out it's because we're "railing " the Missouri fans?

Let's hope that the Rams stay in Missouri for your sake. And if they do, I'm sure the LA fans will continue to support them as we have for all these years. But if they don't, we hope you continue to support them when they come back to LA.

...and your point is?

When we had the same issue in LA it was because "LA can't support an NFL team." or... "They're all just a bunch of bandwagon fans."

But in Missouri a losing franchise is a good reason to not support? ...and when we point that out it's because we're "railing " the Missouri fans?

Let's hope that the Rams stay in Missouri for your sake. And if they do, I'm sure the LA fans will continue to support them as we have for all these years. But if they don't, we hope you continue to support them when they come back to LA.
    I wouldnt criticize the LA fans either for not attending games for team that is so terrible. The reason being is a majority of fans arent going to pay their hard earned cash for such a bad product. Now fans like most of us here arent like that. I'll support them either way like many of us would.

Even if they move, wherever that might be, ill still support them.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

...and your point is?

Because this is being thrown in the St Louis fans' face as a reason that they don't deserve the team, so the St Louis fans are giving it back.

How many years did it take for a city four times the size of St Louis to have less attendance than the city of St. Louis? Yep, 5 seasons. And that's if you count the season in which the owner decided that LA could not support the team.

So far, after eight losing seaons, the city of St. Louis is providing MUCH MORE (per capita) support than LA did.

I hope the RAMS stay in St. Louis because that is where they are now, and moving would be a disruption that would set the team back at a time when things appear to finally be turning around (read better ownership). If they do move to LA, I will support them, but the league would then owe the city of St. Louis the franchise they erroneously gave to Jacksonville, FL.

gap

macrammer is offline Registered User

I have no axe to grind. I am fine with the Rams in st louis.

I will point out to fans of the Rams post 1995.......

Georgia derailed the team for sole purpose of moving. There was no owner interest to build a lasting competitive team. It was about getting the move apporved etc.

I beleive if we had different wner, Rams would never have moved. Plain and simple. But they did and you cannot blame that on the lack of attendance at her sorry ass teams games. They were pathetic and a kick in the teeth to what the history and legacy of Rams was and still is.

Heaven forbid a move but do the ST Louis fans feel as passionate about the Rams as the pre 1995 Rams fans seem to display?

Now, tide has turned. We have new owner with very deep pockets that actually is a sports franchise guru. We will become relevant again SOON. We will be consistently relative and even border on greatness from time to time. That is all I give a rats ass about when it comes to Rams football.
    Truth and THOLTFAN81 like this.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Not turning up to games because the Rams are losing is one of the reasons they are losing.

When you don't have anything resembling home-field advantage it makes it pretty hard to win.

I support the Rams win or lose and envy those with a choice to turn up.
    Truth and THOLTFAN81 like this.