Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    I have no axe to grind. I am fine with the Rams in st louis.

I will point out to fans of the Rams post 1995.......

Georgia derailed the team for sole purpose of moving. There was no owner interest to build a lasting competitive team. It was about getting the move apporved etc.

I beleive if we had different wner, Rams would never have moved. Plain and simple. But they did and you cannot blame that on the lack of attendance at her sorry ass teams games. They were pathetic and a kick in the teeth to what the history and legacy of Rams was and still is.

Heaven forbid a move but do the ST Louis fans feel as passionate about the Rams as the pre 1995 Rams fans seem to display?

Now, tide has turned. We have new owner with very deep pockets that actually is a sports franchise guru. We will become relevant again SOON. We will be consistently relative and even border on greatness from time to time. That is all I give a rats ass about when it comes to Rams football.
    I would say we are just as passionate. I had to explain to my pediatrician as to why my daughter when they draw blood that its blue and gold. Said sorry blue and gold runs through our veins.

Hell if the Rams move, I'm moving. So maybe we should ask the LA fans about their loyalty. Why haven't you just moved if its that big of a deal.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    I would say we are just as passionate. I had to explain to my pediatrician as to why my daughter when they draw blood that its blue and gold. Said sorry blue and gold runs through our veins.

Hell if the Rams move, I'm moving. So maybe we should ask the LA fans about their loyalty. Why haven't you just moved if its that big of a deal.
    Leave California for Missouri or? Really? Now that's funny. I love my Rams but not that much.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Leave California for Missouri or? Really? Now that's funny. I love my Rams but not that much.
    And your the one questioning my loyalty?

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    And your the one questioning my loyalty?
    No one should be questioning your loyalty. The question is, really, how many loyal fans are there in either STL or LA. For business purposes? I'm talking real numbers. And, what is the potential for increasing that fanbase in the future? That's part of what will drive Mr Kroenke's decision about where the team will call home. A broad enough, Loyal fanbase (will buy tickets and merchandise, etc) will help to secure the franchise wherever they might call home. THAT'S why the London games are significant. Significantly expanding the fanbase beyond STL or LA will help offset some issues the team now faces. The way She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, and her cronies ran the organization into the ground, had a great deal to do with the huge decline in ticket sales in LA, and now STL. Stan is trying to rectify that situation. Would it be easier/preferable for him to be able to do that without moving? Yes. However, I don't think he's just concerned with the short term. If negotiations to get the CVC to honor their part of the lease on a stadium that already exists, go poorly, it's going to have to raise some serious questions about what will happen in 2020 - 2025, when the Rams will be looking for a NEW stadium? There's a lot more in play with these negotiations than meets the eye. IF (and it's probably a 50/50 IF) Stan decides to move the team, it's because he feels the move is the BEST thing to do for the organizaton. The plus for Stan is that, whether the Rams play in LA or STL, his team will be embraced by a LOYAL fanbase.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Oh, come now. Missouri is a wonderful place.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    You know what they say; "To each his own...."

I've been in nearly every state in this country and can honestly say I have no desire to live anywhere else. I've spent a lot of time in Washington, New Mexico, Maryland, Texas, Alabama and Florida on business and although they were "ok" for one thing or another, just not my cup of tea. My family is from the mid-west (Nebraska, ugh) and I've not been back since the '70's I was so impressed. Some like "laid-back" and rural, I don't. Nearly every place has it's plus's and minus's, but weather is #1 in my book and I have a rule. I won't live anywhere where it snows, or rains more than a few days a year and the humidity must be low. It also has to have a beach (on the ocean, not a "great lake") because I have spent my whole life around the beach and the ocean and can't stand to be away from them. Also, a desert and mountains all within a couple hours driving distance is a nice change of pace when I want it. I know it's a tall order, but that's why I live here. Sure the freeways are too crowded, there's too many people in general, but I can deal with that when I can ride my Harley, fly my helicopters (RC) play golf 12 months a year and watch a sporting event like baseball or football OUTSIDE where it belongs.

No reason to give that up for a football team.

...and where was I questioning a specific person's loyalty? I was pointing out the fact that there is a greater pool to draw from in LA than Stl. Shear numbers indicate that in bad times, it can withstand support dropoff better, IF the fans know the team is going to stick around and make an attempt at being competitive. And I was restating that LA lost the Rams NOT to attendance as people keep claiming, but circumstances very similar to what's going on now.

Look, if the choices were; leave the Rams in Stl or move them somewhere other than So. Cal, I'd definitely vote stay in Stl. I know how rabid the Cardinals fans can be (baseball) and see no reason why the football fans can't be the same way. I know they were in the GSOT days. They need to get that back or they WILL lose the Rams. However, they have one thing going on for them now that we didn't have in LA when the Rams were here. They now have an owner that is going to try to put a good team on the field year after year. They have hope, and that hope may bring the fans back and bring a new stadium. In LA, we knew that as long as she-who-will-not-be-named was in charge, there was no hope to be competitive. She proved that year after year here.
    Last edited by RAMFANRAIDERHATER; -02-01-2012 at 03:56 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

The Orlando Rams!

And you can call me season ticket holder No. 1!

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

The

RALEIGH RAMS?

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

The Orlando Rams!

I think you need to change your title from, "Mild Mannered Mod" to, "Pot Stirrer".
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    True. I'm here. For now, anyway.

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

The Orlando Rams!

That sounds almost like a Mickey Mouse idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    That sounds almost like a Mickey Mouse idea to me.
    Ah, you forget. The Rams had a Mickey Mouse deal in Anaheim.

...home to the Rams and Disneyland.

stvscharfe Guest

Hmmmm...Kroenke says he wants to keep the Rams in St. Louis, but he puts in a bid on the L.A. Dodgers. He resides in Colorado where his other sports franchises are located. L.A. is a hell of a lot closer to Colorado than St. Louis. The person who wants to build a stadium in L.A. now says that he will pay all costs for a team to break their lease.When you're a Billionaire and own a lot of franchises like Kroenke does, TIME is MONEY....now, tell me again why you're so sure that the Rams are staying in St. Louis....?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by stvscharfe View Post
    L.A. is a hell of a lot closer to Colorado than St. Louis.
    Denver to LA = 1,018 miles
    Denver to St. Louis = 845 miles

...but maybe you know a short-cut.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Why not? Missouris better than Cali.

You know why?

We are home to the one and only Rams
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER likes this.