Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 624
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

  1. #406
    MoonJoe's Avatar
    MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Norco, CA
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,411
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Denver to LA = 1,018 miles
    Denver to St. Louis = 845 miles

    ...but maybe you know a short-cut.
    I don't know Hubison, when I checked "travel math . com " It says 831 flight miles from Los Angeles to Denver and 797 from Denver to St Louis. I would call that a push...

    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

    Jack Youngblood

  2. #407
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,319
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    I don't know Hubison, when I checked "travel math . com " It says 831 flight miles from Los Angeles to Denver and 797 from Denver to St Louis. I would call that a push...
    I would call it 3 things:

    1. 173 land miles closer to St. Louis
    2. 34 air miles closer to St. Louis
    3. 0% relevant to what Kroenke is going to do with his NFL asset
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  3. #408
    Rambunctious's Avatar
    Rambunctious is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,187
    Rep Power
    53

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    I have no idea whether he will move the team or not but for a billionaire distance, time and travel are not figured in to the equation.

    He owns a team in London, Denver, St. Louis and maybe the Dodgers soon. I'm guessing he owns several homes in many cities. Billionaires don't condense they expand.

    It's not like he is flying coach or even first class. Private Jets are his mode of transportation and I doubt he wastes any time in the air. I would bet he has made million dollar deals a mile high.

    Again he may move the team to LA... but it won't be for convenience.
    Truth likes this.

  4. #409
    Rambunctious's Avatar
    Rambunctious is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,187
    Rep Power
    53

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Move wise I am more worried about the rules of the NFL/MLB that govern ownership if he buys the Dodgers.

    Can he own the Dodgers and Rams outright?

    Would he have to sign off ownership of the Rams to another member of his family?

    Or would moving the Rams to LA satisfy both the NFL and MLB rules? Or would it break them?

    I have no idea what the answers are to these questions.

  5. #410
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,257
    Rep Power
    56

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    Move wise I am more worried about the rules of the NFL/MLB that govern ownership if he buys the Dodgers.

    Can he own the Dodgers and Rams outright?

    Would he have to sign off ownership of the Rams to another member of his family?

    Or would moving the Rams to LA satisfy both the NFL and MLB rules? Or would it break them?

    I have no idea what the answers are to these questions.
    Your question is answered in another thread, but basically the way I understand it is that IF he buys the Dodgers, owning the Rams (in Stl) at this point is no problem because LA isn't an NFL city. IF say the Chargers moved to LA first, then he bought the Dodgers, he's have to do one of two things; move ownership of the Rams to someone else, or move the Rams to LA. It is unclear to me on if owning the Rams while LA is not an NFL city, then becoming an NFL city (he buys the Dodgers first, then the Chargers move to LA) would allow him to somehow grandfather in the duel ownership.

    At least that's the way I understand it.
    Rambunctious likes this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  6. #411
    Truth's Avatar
    Truth is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,383
    Rep Power
    36

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Your question is answered in another thread, but basically the way I understand it is that IF he buys the Dodgers, owning the Rams (in Stl) at this point is no problem because LA isn't an NFL city. IF say the Chargers moved to LA first, then he bought the Dodgers, he's have to do one of two things; move ownership of the Rams to someone else, or move the Rams to LA. It is unclear to me on if owning the Rams while LA is not an NFL city, then becoming an NFL city (he buys the Dodgers first, then the Chargers move to LA) would allow him to somehow grandfather in the duel ownership.

    At least that's the way I understand it.
    The NFL isn't willing to comment on it at this point either. Lots of "IFs" floating around right now.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

  7. #412
    RamsFanSam's Avatar
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, United States
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,603
    Rep Power
    67

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Your question is answered in another thread, but basically the way I understand it is that IF he buys the Dodgers, owning the Rams (in Stl) at this point is no problem because LA isn't an NFL city. IF say the Chargers moved to LA first, then he bought the Dodgers, he's have to do one of two things; move ownership of the Rams to someone else, or move the Rams to LA. It is unclear to me on if owning the Rams while LA is not an NFL city, then becoming an NFL city (he buys the Dodgers first, then the Chargers move to LA) would allow him to somehow grandfather in the duel ownership.

    At least that's the way I understand it.
    And if the Raiders move to LA, they still won't have a football team, so....

  8. #413
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,257
    Rep Power
    56

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    And if the Raiders move to LA, they still won't have a football team, so....
    Ok, I don't care who you are. That is funny.
    MoonJoe likes this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  9. #414
    RAMarkable is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,071
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Ok, I don't care who you are. That is funny.
    Hear! Hear! That was good for a loud guffaw from me...in addtion to a Bwahahaha or two!!

  10. #415
    stvscharfe is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Reno, Nevada
    Age
    70
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    I stand corrected...

  11. #416
    Scot Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    As a fairly Newbie to The Rams i have never known L.A Rams. I have a quick question just out of intrest really.

    What were Attendences like for the LA Rams in the last 5 years or so compared to the Attendances of The St Louis Rams?

  12. #417
    Rambunctious's Avatar
    Rambunctious is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,187
    Rep Power
    53

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    It was hard to get an accurate count on the LA crowd because there were three attendance figures for every game. The 1st quarter attendance, 2nd/3rd quarter attendance and 4th quarter attendance. ; )

    As far as ticket sales go I would guess LA sold out a lot. I mean most people in LA are sell outs. ; )

    Don't stop me now I'm on a roll.

    So a priest, a rabbi and an LA Rams fan walk into a bar...
    Last edited by Rambunctious; -02-03-2012 at 06:08 PM.
    MoonJoe likes this.

  13. #418
    Truth's Avatar
    Truth is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,383
    Rep Power
    36

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Scot Ram View Post
    As a fairly Newbie to The Rams i have never known L.A Rams. I have a quick question just out of intrest really.

    What were Attendences like for the LA Rams in the last 5 years or so compared to the Attendances of The St Louis Rams?
    1990 - Avg 59,920

    1991 - Avg 51,586

    1992 - Avg 47,811

    1993 - Avg 45,401

    1994 - Avg 43,312

    To be fair, here are the Cardinals attendance numbers for their last 5 years in STL

    1983 - Avg 39,174

    1984 - Avg 46,519

    1985 - Avg 40,669

    1986 - Avg 35,548

    1987 - Avg 27,821 (scab year)


    And here are the Rams attendance numbers for 1983 - 1987

    1983 - Avg 52,870

    1984 - Avg 54,455

    1985 - Avg 56,242

    1986 - Avg 59,285

    1987 - Avg 47,356 (scab year)
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

  14. #419
    gap's Avatar
    gap
    gap is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    1990 - Avg 59,920

    1991 - Avg 51,586

    1992 - Avg 47,811

    1993 - Avg 45,401

    1994 - Avg 43,312
    Shouldn't these numbers be 4 times higher because LA is "4 times larger" than St Louis? Or should we divide these number by 4 to get a better comparison St Louis' support?


    gap

  15. #420
    MelloStang's Avatar
    MelloStang is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    40
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    they had a thing on the nfl network today that the NFL is thinking if a team does not move to L.A. that they will add 2 new teams rather than just one....we will see where that heads. they also added more thursday night games garunteeing every team at least one prime time game, so prepare for some real stinkers. If the team stays in St. Louis then L.A. gets a team and so does???anyone else think this London thing is getting steam?

Similar Threads

  1. *Official Rams @ Saints Prediction Thread
    By LA Rammer in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: -12-12-2010, 05:47 PM
  2. Replies: 218
    Last Post: -10-11-2009, 04:50 PM
  3. Replies: 305
    Last Post: -10-04-2009, 08:26 PM
  4. The Official Gibril Wilson For Next Rams SS Thread
    By THOLTFAN81 in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: -02-26-2009, 12:33 PM
  5. *Official Rams vs. Jags Gametime Thread
    By LA Rammer in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -10-30-2005, 05:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •