Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 631
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

  1. #421
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,306
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    Shouldn't these numbers be 4 times higher because LA is "4 times larger" than St Louis? Or should we divide these number by 4 to get a better comparison St Louis' support?


    gap
    No, but the Stl Cardinal data shows that Stl will bail on a team when it goes bad.... just like any city that knows it's losing it's franchise. Apparently, they're as much a bunch of bandwaggoners as anyone.
    Last edited by RAMFANRAIDERHATER; -02-03-2012 at 08:17 PM.

    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  2. #422
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,565
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    No, but the Stl Cardinal data shows that Stl will bail on a team when it goes bad.... just like any city that knows it's losing it's franchise. Apparently, they're as much a bunch of bandwaggoners as anyone.
    Well, so much for LA Rammer's dream of no more animosity. That lasted all of a few minutes.
    Last edited by HUbison; -02-03-2012 at 10:47 PM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  3. #423
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,306
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    No animosity at all. Just stating a point.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  4. #424
    sjacksonrules's Avatar
    sjacksonrules is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern il
    Posts
    1,450
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    No animosity at all. Just stating a point.
    How about some facts behind said point....


    Edit: when have the Cardinals not been either at, above, or pretty close to the N.L. average in attendance? I guarantee you can't answer that because it hasn't happened. Before you go throwing Cards fans under the bus make sure your bus has wheels.....
    Last edited by sjacksonrules; -02-03-2012 at 08:57 PM.

  5. #425
    Truth's Avatar
    Truth is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,391
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    How about some facts behind said point....


    Edit: when have the Cardinals not been either at, above, or pretty close to the N.L. average in attendance? I guarantee you can't answer that because it hasn't happened. Before you go throwing Cards fans under the bus make sure your bus has wheels.....

    NFL

    1983 - 54,364

    1984 - 55,528

    1985 - 55,408

    1986 - 56,872

    1987 - 48,639



    STL Cards Avg

    1983 - 39,174

    1984 - 46,519

    1985 - 40,669

    1986 - 35,548

    1987 - 27,821


    LA Rams Avg

    1983 - 52,870

    1984 - 54,455

    1985 - 56,242

    1986 - 59,285

    1987 - 47,356




    Rams close, beat avg in 1984 -- Cardinals, not so much
    Last edited by Truth; -02-03-2012 at 10:16 PM.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

  6. #426
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,565
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    No animosity at all. Just stating a point.
    An animus opinion, or as you say, point.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  7. #427
    gap's Avatar
    gap
    gap is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,253
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    How about some facts behind said point....


    Edit: when have the Cardinals not been either at, above, or pretty close to the N.L. average in attendance? I guarantee you can't answer that because it hasn't happened. Before you go throwing Cards fans under the bus make sure your bus has wheels.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    NFL

    1983 - 54,364

    1984 - 55,528

    1985 - 55,408

    1986 - 56,872

    1987 - 48,639



    STL Cards Avg

    1983 - 39,174

    1984 - 46,519

    1985 - 40,669

    1986 - 35,548

    1987 - 27,821


    LA Rams Avg

    1983 - 52,870

    1984 - 54,455

    1985 - 56,242

    1986 - 59,285

    1987 - 47,356




    Rams close, beat avg in 1984 -- Cardinals, not so much
    The point he was making is the the Cards in St Louis were never close to NFL average. I am pretty sure that Busch Stadium, in its football configuration, couldn't reach the NFL average if it was sold out.

    The point I was making about dividing LA totals by 4 was in response to most LA supporters saying LA is a better market because it is 4 times larger than St Louis. The way I look at it, if they are a better market because of that size, the "support" would have to be divided by 4 to compare with St Louis' "support". And when you compare "support" per capita, St Louis provides better "support" than LA.

    And so far, St Louis has "bailed" on the RAMS a WHOLE LOT less than LA did. You cannot compare St Louis bailing in the Cards with LA bailing on the RAMs because they are two separate teams. And St Louis has had three more years of pathetic than LA did. Can you imagine how pathetic attendance would have been in LA if the RAMS had another 3 years there? They'd probably have ahd to pay people in LA to come to the stadium.


    gap

  8. #428
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,565
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    1990 - Avg 59,920

    1991 - Avg 51,586

    1992 - Avg 47,811

    1993 - Avg 45,401

    1994 - Avg 43,312

    To be fair, here are the Cardinals attendance numbers for their last 5 years in STL

    1983 - Avg 39,174

    1984 - Avg 46,519

    1985 - Avg 40,669

    1986 - Avg 35,548

    1987 - Avg 27,821 (scab year)


    And here are the Rams attendance numbers for 1983 - 1987

    1983 - Avg 52,870

    1984 - Avg 54,455

    1985 - Avg 56,242

    1986 - Avg 59,285

    1987 - Avg 47,356 (scab year)
    And to be truly fair, here's the Rams attendance over the past 5 years:

    2007 - 64,294
    2008 - 59,980
    2009 - 55,237
    2010 - 52,922
    2011 - 56,394

    But HUb, that can't be right. That means this horrible Rams team has managed 57,765 fans per home game over these 5 miserable past years. The Rams final 5 years in LA they only averaged 49,606. And during their playoff run in the 80's (w/o the strike '87 year) they averaged 55,713. I thought the St. Louis fans were supposed to be a bunch of fair-weather bandwaggoners that ditch their team if they don't play well?

    Well, it just goes to show......sometimes popular perception has nothing to do with reality.
    FestusRam likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  9. #429
    Truth's Avatar
    Truth is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,391
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    The point I was making about dividing LA totals by 4 was in response to most LA supporters saying LA is a better market because it is 4 times larger than St Louis. The way I look at it, if they are a better market because of that size, the "support" would have to be divided by 4 to compare with St Louis' "support". And when you compare "support" per capita, St Louis provides better "support" than LA.
    Fans in most cities are rather fickle. Attendance will drop in almost any city if the team is losing on a regular basis. However, the upside in a market the size of L.A. is significantly better than in STL. Having a good team in L.A. would also make the team worth more than a good team in STL. Bad teams are just an issue anywhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    And to be truly fair, here's the Rams attendance over the past 5 years:

    2007 - 64,294
    2008 - 59,980
    2009 - 55,237
    2010 - 52,922
    2011 - 56,394

    But HUb, that can't be right. That means this horrible Rams team has managed 57,765 fans per home game over these 5 miserable past years. The Rams final 5 years in LA they only averaged 49,606. And during their playoff run in the 80's (w/o the strike '87 year) they averaged 55,713. I thought the St. Louis fans were supposed to be a bunch of fair-weather bandwaggoners that ditch their team if they don't play well?

    Well, it just goes to show......sometimes popular perception has nothing to do with reality.
    The Cards averaged 37,946 in their last 5 years in STL. Since L.A. had no team from 2007-2011, those numbers are rather pointless as a comparison. I expect next season attendance to be pretty good as well. At least I hope it is. However, if a new deal with the CVC isn't reached, or the team decides to move, I think the Rams would be lucky to get the 37K plus that the Cards got. All numbers aside, what I really want is for the Rams to become a consistantly good team, no matter where they call home.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

  10. #430
    RamingtoLA is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Somethings going on Aeg is going to make a bid for superbowl 50. They must have a team lined up to come to L.A.

  11. #431
    TheTalkOfTheArch's Avatar
    TheTalkOfTheArch is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Age
    30
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    so is dallas, and they have a stadium. piss off mate.

  12. #432
    FestusRam's Avatar
    FestusRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Festus, Missouri
    Posts
    1,181
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Its pretty pathetic that people call STL fan bandwagon fans EVEN THOUGH WE ROOT FOR THE SAME TEAM.

    God damn get over yourselves people we all root for the same team why doesnt everyone just be honest and admit that they still have their panties in a bunch over their beloved team moving. Therefore they irrationally take it it out on fans who ironically cheer for the same team.

    Pathetic, shouldnt we be on the same side?

  13. #433
    Truth's Avatar
    Truth is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,391
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    taken from SBNation Newsletters

    "...In a Thursday interview with Bob Costas, NFL Commissioner Rodger Goodell told the host that the league would most likely expand by two teams if they moved into the Los Angeles market. He also told Costas that the league wants to keep teams where they are. In his Friday press conference in Indianapolis, Goodell recited similar talking points in relation to the St. Louis Rams, but softened his stance on the expansion talk. Specifically, Goodell said that the league has not discussed expansion. He added that he doesn't see expansion happening in the foreseeable future, but did note a ten-year window to make something happen for the NFL in LA..."

    If Goodell said this, I can imagine he got some pretty angry calls from owners trying to negotiate stadium issues as well as a call from AEG thanking him for his support in getting a stadium built as soon as possible. I certainly wouldn't want this guy on my negotiating team.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

  14. #434
    MoonJoe's Avatar
    MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Norco, CA
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,432
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I would call it 3 things:

    1. 173 land miles closer to St. Louis
    2. 34 air miles closer to St. Louis
    3. 0% relevant to what Kroenke is going to do with his NFL asset

    And I agree 100% with item number 3!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

    Jack Youngblood

  15. #435
    MoonJoe's Avatar
    MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Norco, CA
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,432
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RamingtoLA View Post
    Somethings going on Aeg is going to make a bid for superbowl 50. They must have a team lined up to come to L.A.

    The NFL was actually toying with the idea of having the 50th anniversary Super Bowl in the LA Coliseum too.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

    Jack Youngblood

Similar Threads

  1. *Official Rams @ Saints Prediction Thread
    By LA Rammer in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: -12-12-2010, 05:47 PM
  2. Replies: 218
    Last Post: -10-11-2009, 04:50 PM
  3. Replies: 305
    Last Post: -10-04-2009, 08:26 PM
  4. The Official Gibril Wilson For Next Rams SS Thread
    By THOLTFAN81 in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: -02-26-2009, 12:33 PM
  5. *Official Rams vs. Jags Gametime Thread
    By LA Rammer in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -10-30-2005, 05:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •