Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

Sheeeeesh! Is the lockout over yet?

RAMpage28 is offline Registered User

He may want a new stadium but he isn't going to sell the team to AEG. If he doesn't get a lease for a new stadium then he may move the team to L.A. but lets stop playing this game of extremely long shot what ifs. The chances of the Rams moving back to L.A. are so astronomical that we may as well not even debate it. At least under these circumstances. Kroenke seems hell bent on the Rams staying in St.Louis.
    Last edited by RAMpage28; -06-12-2011 at 03:25 AM.
    ZiaRam likes this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMpage28 View Post
    @ZiaRam
    So do you have the rams on layaway? Did you get a loan or was it straight cash homie? (thank you randy moss).
    yes sir i got my first 1000 in and i got the next 200,000 years to pay it off!

RAMpage28 is offline Registered User

well Zia glad to see that is working out for you.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by larams1980 View Post
    Cleveland please. clearly los angeles was there true home. total years in la was way more than cleveland.. just like the lakers.. minnesota lakers please.
    Ah, I see you missed my point. That's my fault; I'll speak plainly this time.

Home will be defined differently depending on the fan. You, obviously, believe the Rams home to be LA. You portray their home to be defined by number of seasons in that location. However, if we were being honest, I would think you define the Rams home as LA because among the 3 "homes" of the Rams, that's the one with which you identify. And that's natural; you're certainly not alone.

On the other hand, I would say the Rams home is St. Louis. Not because of total years, of course, but rather A) that's where they currently reside, B) that's their name, C) that's where they won their one-and-only Super Bowl, and yes, D) that's the city with which I most identify among the 3.

So no, I doubt there are too many out there that would rally around the Cleveland Rams flag. However, for numerous reasons, I can't agree with the phrase "bring them back home", when they are already home.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Ah, I see you missed my point. That's my fault; I'll speak plainly this time.

Home will be defined differently depending on the fan. You, obviously, believe the Rams home to be LA. You portray their home to be defined by number of seasons in that location. However, if we were being honest, I would think you define the Rams home as LA because among the 3 "homes" of the Rams, that's the one with which you identify. And that's natural; you're certainly not alone.

On the other hand, I would say the Rams home is St. Louis. Not because of total years, of course, but rather A) that's where they currently reside, B) that's their name, C) that's where they won their one-and-only Super Bowl, and yes, D) that's the city with which I most identify among the 3.

So no, I doubt there are too many out there that would rally around the Cleveland Rams flag. However, for numerous reasons, I can't agree with the phrase "bring them back home", when they are already home.
    I agree, they are home. Although HUb, you've got to admit they've led a very nomadic existance.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I agree, they are home. Although HUb, you've got to admit they've led a very nomadic existance.
    Nomadic indeed, Truth. Rivaled only by the Chicago/St.Louis/Arizona Cardinals; unless one were to count the Oakland/LA/Oakland Raiders.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    No, the quote was, "St. Louis, Jacksonville -- not extensively -- certainly Oakland, San Diego, Minnesota are still in the mix,". There is a comma between St Louis and Jacksonville. If the writer was using his punctuation correctly, he named St Louis. There were no extensive talks with Jacksonville. At least that's how the punctuation shows the statement.
    This logic doesn't work either, as there is no comma between Jacksonville and Oakland. This means the author has a conflicting statement that says not extensive and certainly for both Oakland and Jacksonville. I don't know how anyone could be certain about either if there was no extensive talks.

As others have said, Stan just bought the team, he is not going to just turn around and sell it.

I pesonally think it should be Jacksonville for two reasons. First... They have the least support (over their entire history) of any of the mentioned teams. Second... Jacksonville was issued the expansion team that should have gone to St. Louis, which then opened the door for the RAMS to move to St. Louis. IMO, the Jax expansion happened to spite St Louis.

gap

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    I pesonally think it should be Jacksonville for two reasons. First... They have the least support (over their entire history) of any of the mentioned teams. Second... Jacksonville was issued the expansion team that should have gone to St. Louis, which then opened the door for the RAMS to move to St. Louis. IMO, the Jax expansion happened to spite St Louis.

gap
    Also, jaguars, which are native to South and Central America, have reportedly ranged into the SW United States, perhaps at one time as far North as Los Angeles, but absolutely never existed in Northern Florida.

larams1980 is offline Registered User

I understand what you are saying. Let me put it like this. A player like say Jerry Rice who played many seasons for San Francisco. Then bounced around for a couple of years on other teams will always be indentifed with the *****.. The longevity the rams had in Los Angeles should be counted for something. As to winning Between 1949 and 1955, the Rams played in the NFL championship game four times, winning once in 1951. (pre super bowl)

(pulled from wiki) Nevertheless, the move left many in the Los Angeles area and many of those indifferent to the situation to be embittered toward the NFL. That sentiment was best expressed by Fred Dryer, who at the time said "I hate these people [the Rams and their owner, Georgia Frontiere] for what they did, taking the Rams logo with them when they moved to St. Louis. That logo belonged to Southern California." Steve Rosenbloom, formerly the general manager of the team during Carroll Rosenbloom's tenure, opined that teams come and go, but for a team to leave Los Angeles (the second largest market in the country) for St. Louis (approximately the eighteenth largest market in the country) was simply irresponsible and foolish. (Said by his own son who fired by his stepmother.)

theodus69 is offline Registered User

What about this,AEG strikes adeal with Mr. K . They buy out the lease,They give the Rams a new stadium, Mr. K becomes Minority owner again. Moving himself out to his frequented Malibu. He takes back the Avalache and the Nuggets who he sold to his Son as a front . Now even though he is Minority owner again, he has a team in the second biggest Market which will generate him more money as a minority owner then as a Majority owner in STL. Less stress and back at the Beach? Oh I think mr. K has a plan and it may shock alot of you! I'm first in line for season tickets! The LA RAMS.....Always will sound better than the St. louis Rams any day!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

A player like say Jerry Rice who played many seasons for San Francisco. Then bounced around for a couple of years on other teams will always be indentifed with the *****.
    The difference being, of course, this isn't a player with a finite career. This is a franchise (as opposed to a player) with no terminal season in sight. They were the Los Angeles Rams. They are the St. Louis Rams.
    the Rams played in the NFL championship game four times, winning once in 1951
    Hence the reason I said one-and-only Super Bowl win.
    That sentiment was best expressed by Fred Dryer, who at the time said "I hate these people [the Rams and their owner, Georgia Frontiere] for what they did, taking the Rams logo with them when they moved to St. Louis. That logo belonged to Southern California."
    With all due respect to him, Fred is wrong. The logo, the name, the colors......it all belonged to Georgia; and she sold 40% to Stan; who in turn purchased a majority share last share.
    Steve Rosenbloom, formerly the general manager of the team during Carroll Rosenbloom's tenure, opined that teams come and go, but for a team to leave Los Angeles (the second largest market in the country) for St. Louis (approximately the eighteenth largest market in the country) was simply irresponsible and foolish.
    I'm sure Steve was personally upset by what happened, but the Rams have done quite well in St. Louis.

Look, I get all the desire for a nostalgic return to days gone by. But in the end it doesn't change the fact that the Rams ARE home. It may not be the home of your memories, but their home just the same.

I feel for the Rams fans from LA. The team moved away; that's got to suck.
    I feel even more for the Rams fans from LA who bitterly cling to the notion that they will return. That's got to be an even worse feeling.
    gap likes this.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

My girlfirend's future daughter-in-law heard from her sister (who just moved to California) that Brad Pitt's 4th cousin twice removed said that the Rams are moving to Pflugerville, Texas.

There. Now I have mentioned a rumor about the Rams moving that has as much merit as the ones about the Rams moving to L.A.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    What about this,AEG strikes adeal with Mr. K . They buy out the lease,They give the Rams a new stadium, Mr. K becomes Minority owner again. Moving himself out to his frequented Malibu. He takes back the Avalache and the Nuggets who he sold to his Son as a front . Now even though he is Minority owner again, he has a team in the second biggest Market which will generate him more money as a minority owner then as a Majority owner in STL. Less stress and back at the Beach? Oh I think mr. K has a plan and it may shock alot of you! I'm first in line for season tickets! The LA RAMS.....Always will sound better than the St. louis Rams any day!
    That's quite a delusion you have built up there. Reminds me of that show mythbusters where Adam says I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    My girlfirend's future daughter-in-law heard from her sister (who just moved to California) that Brad Pitt's 4th cousin twice removed said that the Rams are moving to Pflugerville, Texas.

There. Now I have mentioned a rumor about the Rams moving that has as much merit as the ones about the Rams moving to L.A.
    I tried giving you rep but I must spread it around. That was pretty funny.

There's not a lot of teams that go through this like we do. We have two fan bases that want the team with them wither it be St Louis fans or l.a. fans. We both can't have what we want. Stan had a plan to move the team to St. Louis why on earth would he move back there? He has experienced l.a. first hand on what it is like there. If he liked it why would he try to move to St Louis in the first place? Then to go on record saying he wants to keep the team in St Louis after having been here for 16 years. Why would he move the team now knowing everything he knows about the two places.

I'm sorry guys the Rams are not coming back to l.a. , even if they do just gives me a reason to move to California lol. But I doubt it comes to that.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    This may have been the plan all along. The kids are off the hook from mom because they sold the team to Stan and he said he was going to keep the team in St. Louis. Then, being the savy business man he is, he turns around and realizes profits from his investment by selling a majority of it back. Remember his initial investment, plus the purchase of the remainder are small in comparison to the total value of the team.

The old adage applies to every team out there. Everything has a price (It maybe astronomical to some, but it has a price).
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood