Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I don't even know if the offer on the Dodgers is a leverage play. If you were a billionaire building a sports empire, and one of the most storied franchises in baseball was for sale, wouldn't you put in an offer? I think Stan wants to own the Dodgers.
    I would have to agree. The Dodgers would be an excellent acquisition. The fact that it's happening at the same time as the Rams stadium issue is just coincidence and luck.

Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RamingtoLA is offline Registered User

The 49er fans even want the Rams to move back to L.A.

If you’ve been casting about for an archrival for the ***** – I mean, now that they’re no longer cruddy and boring and foolish and awful – help may be on the way.
    Within six months of their mutually terminating their preseason deal with the Raiders for security reasons, and within a month of their exposing the NFC West as a group without any natural animosities, good news comes from St. Louis.
    Seems that Stan Kroenke, owner of the Rams, has made an offer on the Dodgers, one which should be taken seriously. Which means, by the rules of ownership in the NFL, if he gets the Dodgers, the Rams come to L.A.The wisdom, explained by the lovely and talented Mike Ozanian of Forbes, The Magazine For People Who Have A Crapload Of Money More Than You Can Ever Dream About, goes like this:
    The NFL prohibits owners of a team in one city from owning a team in another city in another league. For instance, and as an example with momentary historical validity, Jed York could not run the ***** and the Pittsburgh Penguins.
    So if Kroenke were to get the dodgers, he would have to know that he could break his lease in St. Louis, where the city council is voting in February on a plan to throw money into an upgrade of Edward Jones Stadium by 2015. If they don’t, he can leave in 2015, and the new L.A. football stadium (which is still mostly a coffee table book with cannabis resin on the cover) could be ready by 2016.
    And suddenly – instant blood enemy. The same guy who owns the Dodgers and Rams, who also owns WalMart (and you can’t spell WalMart without the L and the A). For local fans who have tried and failed to work up a good hate-on for the Seattle Seahawks and Arizona Cardinals, let alone the Colorado Rockies and San Diego Padres, it would be perfect.
    And to make it even better, Kroenke’s real first name is Enos. As in Cabell. Tell me you folks wouldn’t want to make some hay with that.
    Ray Ratto is a columnist for CSNBayArea.com

Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
    Last edited by RamingtoLA; -02-07-2012 at 04:47 AM.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I wonder if the NFL noticed it was around 75 degrees in LA on Sunday and about 38 in Indianapolis...
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

GroundChuck is offline Registered User

I just bought this at the Hat Club here in Sacramento, could this be a sign?

OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread-photo-2-.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GroundChuck View Post
    I just bought this at the Hat Club here in Sacramento, could this be a sign?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (2).jpg 
Views:	519 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	2782
    I have one just like it. ...just looks better than the new ones. And it looks good with one of my three Los Angeles Rams jacket. In fact, I only have a couple of St. Louis Rams items, most of my gear is still "LA Rams". I only have three items with the new colors and logo, a hat signed by Dennis Harrah, a golf bag with head covers, and an away jersey with #13 & my name on it.

I keep the LA stuff around mostly for nostalgia, and I wear them more than the new stuff in public just to let people know I'm not a GSOT bandwagoner or a transplant, but a long-time fan of the team from LA.

Also, it will save me a boatload of money when the team returns.....
    stvscharfe likes this.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    In fact, I only have a couple of St. Louis Rams items, most of my gear is still "LA Rams".
    I wasn't ever going to mention this, no disrespect to St. Louie fans, but I usually remove St. Louis from any of my Rams gear.

I had a nice Los Angeles Rams jacket once, but some girls we were partying with took it and never seen it again. In So. Cal I doubt anybody really needs a jacket.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

netminder is offline Registered User

101 ESPN is calling for a L.A watch underway.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by netminder View Post
    101 ESPN is calling for a L.A watch underway.
    Is that sort of like a tornado watch? Is there some form of natural disaster, or other destruction coming to L.A.?

gap

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    Is that sort of like a tornado watch? Is there some form of natural disaster, or other destruction coming to L.A.?

gap
    Trust me, that's funny in a way only us in LA understand. In LA, they'll launch "storm watch 2012" on every local TV outlet when it begins to sprinkle. The disasters we're likely to have though won't give us any warning, like a tornado. Earthquakes are here and gone before you know it. We leave those natural disasters like tornados, floods, snow, and hurricanes to the other states.

I haven't heard of any "LA watch" on ESPN, but the speculation on many sports talk shows (like; Pardon The Interuption) is a relocation of the Rams and Chargers to LA as most likely to happen. It's all still speculation on their part of course. The latest rumors and speculation that I've read is that the Rams are looking at replacing the Rams with perhaps the Jaguars IF they lose the Rams to LA. Sort of a "plan B", if you will. I have to believe that St. Louis will bend over backwards in the next few weeks to keep Stan and the Rams. They'll have to offer him some ownership in the stadium and/or real estate or something to sweeten the pot and hopefully buy some more time to put together a real plan for the future of the Rams in STl. Because they have to know that the current plan isn't going to cut it. The upgrades they've offered are simply window dressing and nowhere near sufficient. They need to think 20 years down the road, not 2 years.
    Truth likes this.

Hey guys tomorrow marks the return of football and more news about the Rams and L.A>
    LA Chargers, LA Rams prepare for Los Angeles return, as NFL planned all along - Beatweek Magazine

This is from the nfl network.
    NFL Videos: Football in L.A. on its way?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Steve Smith on Rams to LA Move

" Steve Smith of the Rams said the players talked all season about how great it would be to play in LA. #BWBLA "

- Amanda Rykoff (NY, Sports writer)

Hate to start another Rams to LA thread, but thats some interesting stuff!

EDIT::

" Further on Steve Smith's comments: he predicts #Rams upcoming season is the final year in STL. #BWBLA "
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -01-18-2013 at 05:41 PM.

THE DREAM TEAM

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Re: Steve Smith on Rams to LA Move

Considering he won't be a Ram next year the player saying it gets taken with a little more of a grain of salt.

However the fact he mentions other players who in all likelihood will remain Rams is interesting.

But I don't wanna get involved in a LA-STL debate because whether they are in Alaska, Africa, or Italy I will always be a RAMS fan.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I would think if I was a young millionaire, I would rather live and play in LA. No surprise here. Considering the Rams just turned over a large portion of the roster not sure how many of the players are tied to the STL.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

I was a Rams fan when they were in LA, stayed a Rams fan when they moved to St. Louis, and will remain a Rams fan whether they move back or stay. I don't live in the LA area anymore (I live in Seattle now) so it doesn't benefit me none if they move back. All I know is that their stadium is a dump, and they desperately need an upgrade or a new one.