Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Steve Smith on Rams to LA Move

I would think that Steve Smith, at this point, would be happy to play anywhere.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Steve Smith on Rams to LA Move

That may be true. I'm sure Steve Smith had a lot of time to talk to other players, since he was standing around on the sideline for nearly half of the season.
    bradwill, Ramendola16 and ZiaRam like this.

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

It's a good thing Steve Smith is in charge of team assets. Oh, wait...
    ZiaRam likes this.

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

IMHO this thread is purely speculative and serves no discernable purpose. Having said that, not unlike the Arizona Desert Buzzards, if the Ram choose to pick up and leave town I'd wish them a fond farewell and wait for an expansion team to show up in town. I'm surprised, while at the same time impressed, that LA residents still hold on to the Rams. Some of us, not all of us mind you, in St. Louis have learn to let bygones be bygone when a sports team (e.g. Basketball Hawks, Football Cardinals) leaves town.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    IMHO this thread is purely speculative and serves no discernable purpose. Having said that, not unlike the Arizona Desert Buzzards, if the Ram choose to pick up and leave town I'd wish them a fond farewell and wait for an expansion team to show up in town. I'm surprised, while at the same time impressed, that LA residents still hold on to the Rams. Some of us, not all of us mind you, in St. Louis have learn to let bygones be bygone when a sports team (e.g. Basketball Hawks, Football Cardinals) leaves town.
    Unlike most St. Louis fans who have a distaste for moving franchises and have attitude about it LA fans remain loyal and supportive of their team regardless where they went to. A true fan of the franchise is a fan regardless where the city they are based in calls home.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Unlike most St. Louis fans who have a distaste for moving franchises and have attitude about it LA fans remain loyal and supportive of their team regardless where they went to. A true fan of the franchise is a fan regardless where the city they are based in calls home.
    amen Zia.....Rams are in my blood. whether it be London, St Louis..... and of course LA....
    ZiaRam likes this.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

All I know is that the Rams were 30th in the league in attendance this year, and only 28th in the NFL when it came to the percentage of the stadium filled. I try to fly out to St. Louis at least once a year to take in a game at the dome and I'm amazed at how many empty seats their are. If fans in St. Louis want their team to remain in St. Louis, they're gonna have to step up and support their team a little but more.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    All I know is that the Rams were 30th in the league in attendance this year, and only 28th in the NFL when it came to the percentage of the stadium filled. I try to fly out to St. Louis at least once a year to take in a game at the dome and I'm amazed at how many empty seats their are. If fans in St. Louis want their team to remain in St. Louis, they're gonna have to step up and support their team a little but more.
    Still better than the attendance by RAMS fans in LA, under better circumstances. LA doesn't deserve a team any more than St. Louis does.

gap

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    Still better than the attendance by RAMS fans in LA, under better circumstances. LA doesn't deserve a team any more than St. Louis does.

gap
    Hi Gap,

The last few years were ugly in LA.....but due to extenuating circumstances. I was at many a Ram games in the early/mid 80's, with sell out crowds. Once the Lady knew where she wanted to go, the team became horrible and the fans stayed away. I do not know if LA deserves a team but there are and were plenty of fans before the team was essentially sabotaged.
    MoonJoe and ZiaRam like this.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Hi Gap,

The last few years were ugly in LA.....but due to extenuating circumstances. I was at many a Ram games in the early/mid 80's, with sell out crowds. Once the Lady knew where she wanted to go, the team became horrible and the fans stayed away. I do not know if LA deserves a team but there are and were plenty of fans before the team was essentially sabotaged.
    So you're saying the RAMS, over the last 8 years, have been better than the "sabotaged" years? And now the team isn't committing to the fans, but they expect the fans to commit to them?

Not buying it.

gap

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post

gap

As Macrammer said, you have no clue what you're talking about. The Rams were the biggest ticket in LA before she-who-will-not-be-named took control. 100,000 in LA in the crappy old LA Coliseum. Look at the numbers for the Dodgers, Angels, Ducks, Kings, Lakers and Clippers and tell me LA doesn't support their team. As Mac said, you can't compare what happened in last few years to the history here. LA should have a team because the money is here. ...and that's the bottom line.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, shall we? But as it has been said before, the fans of Stl had better start supporting the Rams or they will be gone. To be 30th out of 32 venues is pathetic. They've shown a promise for the future, and still no attendance?
    ZiaRam and Vinnie25 like this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    As Macrammer said, you have no clue what you're talking about. The Rams were the biggest ticket in LA before she-who-will-not-be-named took control. 100,000 in LA in the crappy old LA Coliseum. Look at the numbers for the Dodgers, Angels, Ducks, Kings, Lakers and Clippers and tell me LA doesn't support their team. As Mac said, you can't compare what happened in last few years to the history here. LA should have a team because the money is here. ...and that's the bottom line.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, shall we? But as it has been said before, the fans of Stl had better start supporting the Rams or they will be gone. To be 30th out of 32 venues is pathetic. They've shown a promise for the future, and still no attendance?
    Couldn't have said it any better myself, not to mention that LA was supporting two football teams at the time

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

The Rams games always had a big pull up until the last two years when it became painfully obvious that the leader would not pay for good players, but wanted a new stadium on the City's dime. Anaheim was one of the first cities to stand up to a team and tell them to go pound sand. Of course that cost them the team, but what price has St Louis paid for having the Rams there for the last 17 years. 730 million for a bland convention center with green carpet and once again being held hostage by the team for more. Hopefully an acceptable stadium solution can be found and this will all be history some day.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

When you don't put a good product on the field, fans will not come to watch. It's that simple. I attended 6/7 home games we had this year, and while attendance may not have been the best, the spirit was still there. Look beyond the numbers. I realize that the fans aren't flocking like they did in the GSOT era, but expecting such a thing is unrealistic. This is a team on the rise, and people are beginning to notice. The Dome will fill. I'll still never forget the force the Dome rocked with when we played the now NFC Champions.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Heres my thoguhts about it:
    Los Angeles Rams 1983 8 422,329 52,791
    Los Angeles Rams 1984 8 435,637 54,455
    Los Angeles Rams 1985 8 449,938 56,242
    Los Angeles Rams 1986 8 474,282 59,285
    Los Angeles Rams 1987 7 331,491 47,356
    Los Angeles Rams 1988 8 435,749 54,469
    Los Angeles Rams 1989 8 470,770 58,846
    Los Angeles Rams 1990 8 479,356 59,920
    Los Angeles Rams 1991 8 412,685 51,586
    Los Angeles Rams 1992 8 414,502 51,813
    Los Angeles Rams 1993 8 363,211 45,401
    Los Angeles Rams 1994 8 338,497 42,312
    Posted a few more years to prove '90-94' wasn't fluke numbers

'89 went to the NFC championship, '95 moved
    So called Sabotaged years '90-'94 5 years 23-57 record

Pitiful STL years '07-'11 5years 15-65 record
    '07 24th 64,294
    '08 30th 59,980
    '09 29th 55,237
    '10 30th 52,922
    '11 31st 56,703

looks like the numbers don't show proof as to which town supports better to be honest. The Rams are in STL and that's that. Support them. If they move to L.A., Gotham City, or TimBukTu It's all the same.

I will say this for SoCal Ram fans when I went to the AZ Cardinal game they all came out wearing their Blue and Gold/White and Blue Uniforms with a whole bunch of towels saying bring back the LA RAMS while cheering loudly and passionatly! They are still pashionate about the Rams and I admire that. How many AZ Cardinal fans are there in St. Louis? Very few. This is part of what makes me proud to be a Ram fan as our fans are so diverse (even got some across the pond o_0 ) I wonder how many so called STL Ram fans would abandon the team if they were to ever leave the Lou.
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -01-21-2013 at 09:09 AM.