Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

"In my view, one cannot say "Well, I support the team, I just don't support management". Doesn't make much sense to me. They come as a package. If you don't support management, you won't go to games, and if you don't go to games they will be blacked out."

That is logical, but Cleveland supported both the team and the owner and they still moved. Now they're playing as the Ravens in the Super Bowl...

"The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    "In my view, one cannot say "Well, I support the team, I just don't support management". Doesn't make much sense to me. They come as a package. If you don't support management, you won't go to games, and if you don't go to games they will be blacked out."

That is logical, but Cleveland supported both the team and the owner and they still moved. Now they're playing as the Ravens in the Super Bowl...
    Cleveland also lost the Rams to Los Angeles after the 1945 season. Was that due to lack of support? The season after they won their first NFL championship.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

1980RAMS is offline Registered User

Captain Obvious " Rams are tanking for Move To LA"

Sorry Guys. Its the Truth. This will be the Rams last year in St Louis. This is exactly what they did when they moved out of LA. It makes it much easier to accept when your team is tanking and nobody is showing up to games. I do feel bad for all you die hard fans that live in St Louis. The plans for the move are in motion. Sorry.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Re: Captain Obvious " Rams are tanking for Move To LA"

This thread again...

Rams aren't going anywhere.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by 1980RAMS View Post
    Sorry Guys. Its the Truth. This will be the Rams last year in St Louis. This is exactly what they did when they moved out of LA. It makes it much easier to accept when your team is tanking and nobody is showing up to games. I do feel bad for all you die hard fans that live in St Louis. The plans for the move are in motion. Sorry.
    So...are we to take your word on this, or do you have proof?

By the way, "proof" is not pictures of someone in a parking lot with a cardboard sign, speculation on what Stan is going to build on the 60 acres he owns in Inglewood, or what some two-bit "sportswriter" has posted in their blog.

Proof is something like a video of Stan Kroenke announcing that the Rams are moving, a certified copy of a contract (which our resident attorney will examine for authenticity), or a press release by both the Rams and the NFL commissioner dated within the past hour (since they were not moving as of 7:20 PM CDT) stating that the Rams are moving.

Unless you can offer one of the above, all you offer is speculation and rumors. There is already more than enough of those. As it stands now, the St. Louis Rams are NOT moving, nor is there any indication that they will do so at any time in the future.

However, good news for all of you NFL fans in Los Angeles - it is reported that Mark Davis is once again looking to LA to be the new home of the Raiders if he doesn't get a new stadium in Oakland.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Proof is something like a video of Stan Kroenke announcing that the Rams are moving, a certified copy of a contract (which our resident attorney will examine for authenticity), or a press release by both the Rams and the NFL commissioner dated within the past hour (since they were not moving as of 7:20 PM CDT) stating that the Rams are moving.
    You're not going to know until you know, but so far things are pointing that they intend on moving. We know for a fact that the city is not going to approve a new stadium when, they're still paying on the 15 year old one they have now. We also know that they're not going to pay for the upgrades to make it a top tier facility. They could after this league year sign a year to year lease which is also probable. However Kreonke is in no hurry to make a decision or show what's up his sleeve. The ball is the city officials hands, they have until January 15 2015 to decide whether they want to play the 2015-16 season in L.A., and until then we'll all be waiting. If they make it to the playoffs you can almost bet they're a gone team.

However, good news for all of you NFL fans in Los Angeles - it is reported that Mark Davis is once again looking to LA to be the new home of the Raiders if he doesn't get a new stadium in Oakland.
    Means nothing NFL intends to move 2 teams to the L.A. market. 1 AFC team and 1 NFC team. And I take that Mark is trying to use L.A. for leverage. Notice Kreonke has never stated he's going to move IF, in fact he's never said he's going to move, that would make me really nervous, if I were a St Louis native. The fact that he hasn't stated if you don 't give us what we want we're going to move speaks volumes in my honest opinion. Again, it's all speculation until it's not speculation, wether they stay or go. Until he gives a definitive answer in either direction we all are speculating. Right now they're in St Louis, next year that could change.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Heee, hee, heeeee.

I kind of suspected the other day that this would resurface when I saw an auto link in the YT video I used in Mikey's 'Let's Play a Game' thread, page 3. ...The auto link showed some video connection to the 'Bring the Rams Back to L.A.' saga.

Keeps us occupied this time of the NFL year.

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    You're not going to know until you know, but so far things are pointing that they intend on moving. We know for a fact that the city is not going to approve a new stadium when, they're still paying on the 15 year old one they have now. We also know that they're not going to pay for the upgrades to make it a top tier facility. They could after this league year sign a year to year lease which is also probable. However Kreonke is in no hurry to make a decision or show what's up his sleeve. The ball is the city officials hands, they have until January 15 2015 to decide whether they want to play the 2015-16 season in L.A., and until then we'll all be waiting. If they make it to the playoffs you can almost bet they're a gone team.

Means nothing NFL intends to move 2 teams to the L.A. market. 1 AFC team and 1 NFC team. And I take that Mark is trying to use L.A. for leverage. Notice Kreonke has never stated he's going to move IF, in fact he's never said he's going to move, that would make me really nervous, if I were a St Louis native. The fact that he hasn't stated if you don 't give us what we want we're going to move speaks volumes in my honest opinion. Again, it's all speculation until it's not speculation, wether they stay or go. Until he gives a definitive answer in either direction we all are speculating. Right now they're in St Louis, next year that could change.
    jigga - WHAT PROOF? Saying "things are pointing that they are intending on moving" - what things?

I could just as easily say that "things are pointing that the Rams are staying" and be MORE right than people who desperately take any sliver of hope and try to turn it into something tangible.

Once again, unless you hve PROOF - INDISPUTABLE PROOF - all you are doing is posting an opinion that has no basis in fact, and nothing to back it up. It's GOSSIP - just like two old biddies yakking on the phone, talking about all the rumors around town.

Believe it if you want - but you might as well believe the moon is made of green cheese. You've got about the same amount of "proof".

zgare is offline Registered User
    Here we go again. I suggest the administrators close this thread as they did the previous one when an LA Rams fan presented his talk with few St Louis non-fans as proof that the team should move. After that was easily debunked, the thread was deemed not productive and not in the spirit of this board. Shut this one down or this Charter St Louis Ram PSL holder and season ticket buyer for all 19 seasons here will waste time debunking lies and nonsense all over again.
    jjigga3000 likes this.
    ZGare

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 1980RAMS View Post
    Hey, you're finally back. How come you never came back to you're old thread here...Who's ready for Monday Night Blowout??

Face it, you don't know anything about "the plans". In fact, none of us know what the plans are as of now. What you're saying is not the "truth", it's speculation. There is a huge difference.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

supachump is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    We know for a fact that the city is not going to approve a new stadium when, they're still paying on the 15 year old one they have now.
    How exactly is that a fact?

just like two old biddies yakking on the phone, talking about all the rumors around town.
    Let's keep this to the subject also, let's keep it clean. By making reference to me being a female and Gossip, is not cool and uncalled for. Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. You crossed the line on that one, and you sound like a bitter girlfriend who's in denial trying to get her boyfriend to stay but obviously he's unhappy. The Rams are the boyfriend and you're the bitter female.

Quote Originally Posted by supachump View Post
    How exactly is that a fact?
    Because that my friend would be poor city management and no city is going to pay for a new stadium when they have a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in almost a decade.

Let's get this straight St Louis Rams fans, I'm from L.A. but now live in Dallas, it is because of me being from L.A. that I'm an Rams fan and I supported them even when they moved from L.A. for 16 years until I moved to Dallas in 2010. I don't really care whether the Rams stay or move, I'll root for them if they're in London. My point is from an unbiased opinion, not bias. I get nothing from the Rams being in the L.A. market or St Louis Market. I have to buy Sunday Ticket to watch them. I make an investment in them every year. So people like RamsFanSam stop getting your panties in a bunch when people make educated speculation about the Rams moving. GOSSIP and speculation are two different things.

How is spreading rumors and making guesses based on no factual evidence considered "educated speculation"?