Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 631
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

  1. #526
    jjigga3000's Avatar
    jjigga3000 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,441
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    How is spreading rumors and making guesses based on no factual evidence considered "educated speculation"?
    The same way that Cops build a case against a suspect that they have no evidence or proof against. It's called a hunch or speculation, they can only hold the suspect for so long and have to let them go unless that have strong facts. Depending on how you look at it and what side you stand on, you can draw a conclusion either way.

    L.A. fans have a different perspective than you St Louis Fans do. But your problem is you say they're wrong, in their summation, but they have every right to feel the same way you do. That my friend is where you err in judgement. To take it further you make stealthy insults. So as I've stated, My speculation is just as strong as yours because you have no proof they're staying other than they haven't made a move to leave, they have plenty of time to make a decision. So for every argument you make I have a counter argument, and that will happen until either one us can't make such statements.


  2. #527
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,592
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Don't mistake my kindness for weakness
    Probably wouldn't quote a sociopathic criminal to try and make a point, but that's just me. I digress.
    So people like RamsFanSam stop getting your panties in a bunch when people make educated speculation about the Rams moving.
    I think ultimately people like Sam (or everyone, for that matter) are simply waiting to hear the educated portion of the speculation. If there's information to be brought to the table, I'm sure everyone would enjoy reading it.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  3. #528
    LA Rammer's Avatar
    LA Rammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wilmington, CA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,709
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    LA RAMMER

    It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

  4. #529
    supachump is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    san fran
    Age
    45
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Captain Obvious " Rams are tanking for Move To LA"

    Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    Because that my friend would be poor city management and no city is going to pay for a new stadium when they have a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in almost a decade.
    That doesn't make it a fact.

  5. #530
    RamsFanSam's Avatar
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, United States
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,655
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Probably wouldn't quote a sociopathic criminal to try and make a point, but that's just me. I digress. I think ultimately people like Sam (or everyone, for that matter) are simply waiting to hear the educated portion of the speculation. If there's information to be brought to the table, I'm sure everyone would enjoy reading it.
    Actually, my friend, I am waiting for FACTS. There's been rumors and speculation for over 6 years now, and every last bit of it has proven to be false. Anything less than FACTS is nothing but speculation.

  6. #531
    RamsFanSam's Avatar
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, United States
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,655
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    The same way that Cops build a case against a suspect that they have no evidence or proof against. It's called a hunch or speculation, they can only hold the suspect for so long and have to let them go unless that have strong facts. Depending on how you look at it and what side you stand on, you can draw a conclusion either way.

    L.A. fans have a different perspective than you St Louis Fans do. But your problem is you say they're wrong, in their summation, but they have every right to feel the same way you do. That my friend is where you err in judgement. To take it further you make stealthy insults. So as I've stated, My speculation is just as strong as yours because you have no proof they're staying other than they haven't made a move to leave, they have plenty of time to make a decision. So for every argument you make I have a counter argument, and that will happen until either one us can't make such statements.
    Actually, St. Louis fans have ONE important thing that LA does not have - that being a football team called the Rams that have not given up on St. Louis, and are working to stay put. That is a fact.

  7. #532
    macrammer's Avatar
    macrammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Livermore, Ca/ Arnold,Ca
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,081
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Actually, St. Louis fans have ONE important thing that LA does not have - that being a football team called the Rams that have not given up on St. Louis, and are working to stay put. That is a fact.
    Sam,

    I have said in the past, I do not care where Rams play. That is a FACT. By virtue of me still rooting for them, that backs up that fact.

    But, the FACT the Rams play in St Louis, is no guarantee they will remain. My trip to St Louis this past year was an eye opener for me. The apathy that town has for the Rams is scary. Win or lose, you best support them. Wholeheartedly and with vigor. I saw a city that mostly could care less if they stayed or left. I am sure there are die hard fans in the outlying areas but you would never go to SF proper and see apathy for the digits. EVER.

  8. #533
    RamsFanSam's Avatar
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, United States
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,655
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    But, the FACT the Rams play in St Louis, is no guarantee they will remain.
    This is a FACT.

    There is no guarantee that they will leave, either. That is also a FACT.

    So, I believe you might understand my point: The FACT is that NO ONE except Stan Kroenke knows his intentions. Anyone who thinks that the "signs" point to them moving to LA should rethink their point, and those who think the Rams will never move from St. Louis should do the same.

    To put it in the simplest words possible, we should not waste time or energy arguing about whether a land purchase means anything (especially since that is how Stan makes his money), or if what your friend said she heard from her brother's friend's nephew's barber's housekeeper's sister's dog walker's taxi driver, or what your favorite haruspex gathered from a recent extispicy of a sacrificial Ram at the temple of Alexiares and Anicetus.

  9. #534
    jjigga3000's Avatar
    jjigga3000 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,441
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post

    So, I believe you might understand my point: The FACT is that NO ONE except Stan Kroenke knows his intentions. Anyone who thinks that the "signs" point to them moving to LA should rethink their point, and those who think the Rams will never move from St. Louis should do the same.
    That's all I've been saying. However my hunch tells me that unless the Rams start wining. Hasta La Vista St Louis Buenas Dias L.A.

  10. #535
    macrammer's Avatar
    macrammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Livermore, Ca/ Arnold,Ca
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,081
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Sam,
    My trip to St Louis this past year was an eye opener for me. The apathy that town has for the Rams is scary. Win or lose, you best support them. Wholeheartedly and with vigor. I saw a city that mostly could care less if they stayed or left. I am sure there are die hard fans in the outlying areas but you would never go to SF proper and see apathy for the digits. EVER.
    This is the point I was making Sam.....

  11. #536
    zgare's Avatar
    zgare is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Des Peres, MO
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    This is the point I was making Sam.....
    Here we go again. I travel to LA frequently and I detect little or no interest from the folks I work with for any sports in LA. Besides being a St. Louis Rams season ticket holder, I have one-fourth of Cardinals season tickets. During the Card / LA National League Championship, I tried to get a bet going. None of my LA friends were going to a playoff game and only seemed to be vaguely aware that the Dodgers were playing us. II had to prompt them.

    Also, in their down years, I used to see an awful lot of empty seats at the ***** stadium. And the Rams were rocking here before the 10 year winning season and playoff drought stared. Bur there is still a huge amount of interest in the Rams and it will only explode here if they could have even half the success of the Blues or Cardinals, who almost always make their playoffs.

    So I question your data on St Louis, and I have data on LA that makes me question willingness to spring for season tickets, especially if the team is poor for another 10 years.
    ZGare

  12. #537
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,325
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zgare View Post
    Here we go again. I travel to LA frequently and I detect little or no interest from the folks I work with for any sports in LA. Besides being a St. Louis Rams season ticket holder, I have one-fourth of Cardinals season tickets. During the Card / LA National League Championship, I tried to get a bet going. None of my LA friends were going to a playoff game and only seemed to be vaguely aware that the Dodgers were playing us. II had to prompt them.

    Also, in their down years, I used to see an awful lot of empty seats at the ***** stadium. And the Rams were rocking here before the 10 year winning season and playoff drought stared. Bur there is still a huge amount of interest in the Rams and it will only explode here if they could have even half the success of the Blues or Cardinals, who almost always make their playoffs.

    So I question your data on St Louis, and I have data on LA that makes me question willingness to spring for season tickets, especially if the team is poor for another 10 years.
    Really? Your statements about LA are laughable. I have 61 years of sports experience in LA and I can say without a doubt that you have no idea what you are talking about. You obviously haven't researched the attendance figures for the Angels, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Kings, and/or Ducks.
    RealRam and BIG-BLUE like this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  13. #538
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,392
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    ...Attendance figures for the Angels, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Kings, and/or Ducks.
    Indeeeeeed!

    BTW, just found out there's also an Arena Football League team in the L.A. / Anaheim, CA area: LA KISS!
    Last edited by RealRam; -03-26-2014 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Arena Football ^_^

  14. #539
    macrammer's Avatar
    macrammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Livermore, Ca/ Arnold,Ca
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,081
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zgare View Post
    Here we go again. I travel to LA frequently and I detect little or no interest from the folks I work with for any sports in LA. Besides being a St. Louis Rams season ticket holder, I have one-fourth of Cardinals season tickets. During the Card / LA National League Championship, I tried to get a bet going. None of my LA friends were going to a playoff game and only seemed to be vaguely aware that the Dodgers were playing us. II had to prompt them.

    Also, in their down years, I used to see an awful lot of empty seats at the ***** stadium. And the Rams were rocking here before the 10 year winning season and playoff drought stared. Bur there is still a huge amount of interest in the Rams and it will only explode here if they could have even half the success of the Blues or Cardinals, who almost always make their playoffs.

    So I question your data on St Louis, and I have data on LA that makes me question willingness to spring for season tickets, especially if the team is poor for another 10 years.
    you can question my "data" on St Louis all you want. I know what I saw and made a point of asking every St Louis person I came in contact with in the downtown area and the only word that came to mind was apathy. And I do not care where they play. By virtue of the fact that the Rams are still and will always be my team. But lack of local fan interest and a venue that needs some work are potential reasons for a move. If st louis does not want the Rams to move support them without fail and get some upgrades to the ED or build a new stadium.

  15. #540
    jjigga3000's Avatar
    jjigga3000 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,441
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zgare View Post
    Here we go again. I travel to LA frequently and I detect little or no interest from the folks I work with for any sports in LA. Besides being a St. Louis Rams season ticket holder, I have one-fourth of Cardinals season tickets. During the Card / LA National League Championship, I tried to get a bet going. None of my LA friends were going to a playoff game and only seemed to be vaguely aware that the Dodgers were playing us. II had to prompt them.

    Also, in their down years, I used to see an awful lot of empty seats at the ***** stadium. And the Rams were rocking here before the 10 year winning season and playoff drought stared. Bur there is still a huge amount of interest in the Rams and it will only explode here if they could have even half the success of the Blues or Cardinals, who almost always make their playoffs.

    So I question your data on St Louis, and I have data on LA that makes me question willingness to spring for season tickets, especially if the team is poor for another 10 years.
    Your statement tells me you don't know any sports fans in Los Angeles. LOL L.A. is a huge sports city.

Similar Threads

  1. *Official Rams @ Saints Prediction Thread
    By LA Rammer in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: -12-12-2010, 05:47 PM
  2. Replies: 218
    Last Post: -10-11-2009, 04:50 PM
  3. Replies: 305
    Last Post: -10-04-2009, 08:26 PM
  4. The Official Gibril Wilson For Next Rams SS Thread
    By THOLTFAN81 in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: -02-26-2009, 12:33 PM
  5. *Official Rams vs. Jags Gametime Thread
    By LA Rammer in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -10-30-2005, 05:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •