Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

supachump is offline Registered User

Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

Kroenke is a business man. I think his ties to Missouri mean nothing. If he wants to step up the ladder of success in his own mind or in others, he may turn around and sell it immediately. It happens all the time.

With that said. I hope he doesn't. The Rams belong in St. Louis now.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by supachump View Post
    Kroenke is a business man. I think his ties to Missouri mean nothing. If he wants to step up the ladder of success in his own mind or in others, he may turn around and sell it immediately. It happens all the time.
    No, it really doesn't. Not with sports teams valued around $750 million to $1 billion. Could he try to turn around and sell it if the price was right? Yeah, sure, but NFL teams are not sold often and even less often are they turned around shortly after the owner has just gone through the ordeal to free up the funds and gain league approval to make that kind of a purchase.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I can't help but laugh at those that say things like; "it can't happen", "it definitely won't happen", "you're dreamin'", or it's a "million-to-one", and the best one; "Stan is committed to keeping the team in St. Louis".

Talk about deja vu. LOL
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Here is what Howard Balzer had to say on the matter:

Howard Balzer of 101ESPN St. Louis is not so quick to dismiss the idea that the Rams could move to Los Angeles, even though owner Stan Kroenke appears unlikely to sell the team. Balzer: "After all, Kroenke does have that home in Malibu and he has been a member of the NFL's Los Angeles stadium committee. Plus, we all know about that funky stadium lease that was orchestrated by former club president John Shaw just as the papers were being signed to bring the Rams to St. Louis in 1995. While it has often been said the Rams are guaranteed to be here for at least four seasons, the reality is that if the team and CVC can't agree on a plan for the stadium issue by the end of 2012 and Kroenke wanted to leave, buying out the final two years of the lease would be a slam dunk." Having Los Angeles as an option should help Kroenke secure a more favorable stadium situation in St. Louis. Balzer is right in saying Rams fans should take nothing for granted.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

(Rock voice)FIInally The Raams have come back tooo Los Angelesss!!!

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

I find it quite humorous that some people are sure the Rams are moving back to Los Angeles. There is no reason why they should. There are other cities that want an NFL team, such as San Antonio, and the Rams have as much of a shot at going there as they do to L.A. But if you really think about it, there are other teams that have much less support than the Rams do in their current cities - these are the teams that are likely to move. Will Kronke keep the Rams in St. Louis? Odds are he will - but there is no guarantee. There is a contract in place, and it would be prohibitively expensive to consider breaking the lease. Kroenke has assets that he could use to his advantage to get a new stadium, and by using these assets, the chances of the Rams moving to L.A. are less than the chance of the Rams moving to Bentonville, Arkansas. Think about it - with Stan's Wal-Mart connections, a new stadium might just be built in Arkansas, and then those who are so sure about the Rams moving back to the land of no support (L.A.) would be up a creek which shall not be named without a paddle.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    I find it quite humorous that some people are sure the Rams are moving back to Los Angeles. There is no reason why they should. There are other cities that want an NFL team, such as San Antonio, and the Rams have as much of a shot at going there as they do to L.A. But if you really think about it, there are other teams that have much less support than the Rams do in their current cities - these are the teams that are likely to move. Will Kronke keep the Rams in St. Louis? Odds are he will - but there is no guarantee. There is a contract in place, and it would be prohibitively expensive to consider breaking the lease. Kroenke has assets that he could use to his advantage to get a new stadium, and by using these assets, the chances of the Rams moving to L.A. are less than the chance of the Rams moving to Bentonville, Arkansas. Think about it - with Stan's Wal-Mart connections, a new stadium might just be built in Arkansas, and then those who are so sure about the Rams moving back to the land of no support (L.A.) would be up a creek which shall not be named without a paddle.
    The group in LA has already said they would buy out any existing lease, so that's not a deal breaker.

As for the statement that LA can't support a team is ridiculous. It is well documented, and has been discussed endlessly here that the support only faded when Madamn Ram and Shaw took control and purposely destroyed the team so she could move the team to Misery, uh. Missouri. The Raiders moved for the same reason. Al Davis. No need to say any more. ...and Arkansas over LA? Really? Stan WILL use LA for leverage and if the fine people of Missouri don't offer him a sweet deal, he is taking the Rams elsewhere. It may not be LA, but the Rams are moving if something doesn't happen soon in Stl. Bank on it. I'm not sure that LA would welcome back the Rams, because there are still a lot of bitter ex-Rams fans here. But with new ownership, possibly. I think the Chargers or Jaguars might be a better fit.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    and then those who are so sure about the Rams moving back to the land of no support (L.A.) would be up a creek which shall not be named without a paddle.
    I go watch the Rams every year in AZ and before the Cardinals resurgence at least half the Stadium was Ram fans and the majority were from So. Cal. With the Cards doing better recently, the stadium is mostly about 30-40% Ram fans every year and the majority say they drive from L.A. to watch em. Say what you will but there is still a loyal Ram fan base in LA and I'm sure there are bitter fans but I think we would thrive in LA if we moved there. That being said I'm not for a move and would us rather work something out in the Lou and become well established in StL like the Cards are. But, if we do move for whatever reasons the city WOULD be LA and we would do quite well( would love all the media attention being the only team!!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

so she could move the team to Misery, uh. Missouri.
    And THIS is why I hate this topic. It will eventually devolve to insults and name-calling between Rams fans. Completely pointless.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Who from the Rams was quoted? Nobody.

Not going to happen.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

From the wise words of the old cajun man from joe dirt, "I like to see homeboys naked", I mean "Home is where you make it" lol.

Guys this topic is going no where and fast. No one is going to change their opinions about the subject. And seeing as the Rams organization didn't say anything about wanting to move I see this as a non-issue.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

CBS.com Sports

Josh Katzowitz

MINNESOTA – With so much talk about AEG possibly targeting the Vikings franchise in order to move it to Los Angeles, you’d think the citizens of Minnesota would do just about whatever it took to keep the Vikings in town.

That might or might not be true when it comes to agreeing to a deal to build a new stadium.

“We’re committed to getting this project done if at all possible,” Gov. Mark Dayton told the Minneapolis Star Tribune. “Where there’s a will, there’s a way.”

Yet, there are potential problems. Minnesota legislators want a plan by Friday, so they can formulate a bill, hold hearings and vote on it during a special session next month. But the executive and legislative branches of the government haven’t agreed on a state budget yet, and that is a bigger priority than funding a new stadium.

Basically, the state has said it would provide $300 million for a new stadium, Ramsey County would put $350 million into the pot by increasing sales tax by a half-cent and the Vikings would kick in $407 million. But that means funding for the stadium is still about $100 million short (that’s for the cost of road upgrades near the potential site).

So, what’s the plan to fix that hole?

The state says it won’t add any more money, and Vikings owner Zygi Wilf said the team already has made a substantial contribution. According to the paper, the Vikings and Ramsey County said they would seek state and local grants, as well as a cash advance from a Ramsey County bond or a state loan. The bond or loan then would be paid back from fees and surcharges that the new stadium generates.

But Dayton said any state grants would count against the $300 million cap. Other than that, though, he said, “I don’t rule anything out. … If we can get a federal grant, great.”

And if all this fails? Well, the Vikings probably won’t go back to the Metrodome. Which means the franchise might be ripe for a move to L.A.

AEG is watching.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Ah, I see you missed my point. That's my fault; I'll speak plainly this time.
    "Take me, take me, to somewhere where trouble don't go,
    Make me, make me, someone trouble don't know." --- Robert Plant

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Well, I'll be darned.....Adarian lives.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

theodus69 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    That's quite a delusion you have built up there. Reminds me of that show mythbusters where Adam says I reject your reality and substitute my own.

I tried giving you rep but I must spread it around. That was pretty funny.

There's not a lot of teams that go through this like we do. We have two fan bases that want the team with them wither it be St Louis fans or l.a. fans. We both can't have what we want. Stan had a plan to move the team to St. Louis why on earth would he move back there? He has experienced l.a. first hand on what it is like there. If he liked it why would he try to move to St Louis in the first place? Then to go on record saying he wants to keep the team in St Louis after having been here for 16 years. Why would he move the team now knowing everything he knows about the two places.

I'm sorry guys the Rams are not coming back to l.a. , even if they do just gives me a reason to move to California lol. But I doubt it comes to that.
    Delusional? Well my friend life is an illusion and myth busters is not a very good conparison. When they leave and they will, You heard it hear first! LOL