Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

theodus69 Guest

Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    No, it really doesn't. Not with sports teams valued around $750 million to $1 billion. Could he try to turn around and sell it if the price was right? Yeah, sure, but NFL teams are not sold often and even less often are they turned around shortly after the owner has just gone through the ordeal to free up the funds and gain league approval to make that kind of a purchase.
    It will happen when it comes to getting a team(the rams)to LA!

theodus69 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    I find it quite humorous that some people are sure the Rams are moving back to Los Angeles. There is no reason why they should. There are other cities that want an NFL team, such as San Antonio, and the Rams have as much of a shot at going there as they do to L.A. But if you really think about it, there are other teams that have much less support than the Rams do in their current cities - these are the teams that are likely to move. Will Kronke keep the Rams in St. Louis? Odds are he will - but there is no guarantee. There is a contract in place, and it would be prohibitively expensive to consider breaking the lease. Kroenke has assets that he could use to his advantage to get a new stadium, and by using these assets, the chances of the Rams moving to L.A. are less than the chance of the Rams moving to Bentonville, Arkansas. Think about it - with Stan's Wal-Mart connections, a new stadium might just be built in Arkansas, and then those who are so sure about the Rams moving back to the land of no support (L.A.) would be up a creek which shall not be named without a paddle.
    The Rams had plenty of support up until she took over. The fans left and the team left...All because of her. Now she's gone and LA would love them back with more support than the midwest can give! The senerio is quite possible and actually it gonna happen!

theodus69 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    From the wise words of the old cajun man from joe dirt, "I like to see homeboys naked", I mean "Home is where you make it" lol.

Guys this topic is going no where and fast. No one is going to change their opinions about the subject. And seeing as the Rams organization didn't say anything about wanting to move I see this as a non-issue.
    Why is it when people can't agree with others thjat the thread is pointless? The lock out is pointless and ther aint much to talk about so either indulge in this fiasco or sit it out!

theodus69 Guest

SORRY . bEEN GONE A FEW days . Just wanted to catch up and rattle a feather or 2!

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    Delusional? Well my friend life is an illusion and myth busters is not a very good conparison. When they leave and they will, You heard it hear first! LOL
    How was mythbusters not a good comparison? I was stating that you reject reality and substitute it with your own.

The Rams had plenty of support up until she took over. The fans left and the team left...All because of her. Now she's gone and LA would love them back with more support than the midwest can give! The senerio is quite possible and actually it gonna happen!
    Can't say I've been alive long enough to have been though all that but from what I have read it looks like the team got worse then l.a. abondoned it. It says on wikipedia that georgia was turned down to build a new stadium by l.a. officals because of "unfavorable economic conditions, This and the extreme lack of fan support prompted her to move the team to her hometown of St. Louis". From what I have read poor team performance lead to no attendance which lead to no money which lead to the Rams to st louis.

Id like you to tell me EXACTLY how it was her fault that team left. She stepped down left john shaw to run he in turn runs the team into the ground which leads to poor attendance then to the rams leaving. So maybe your beef is with the coaching and general managers in the 90's

So before you blame georgia for everything, maybe you should look at the fact that we did win our superbowl after we moved.

Why is it when people can't agree with others thjat the thread is pointless? The lock out is pointless and ther aint much to talk about so either indulge in this fiasco or sit it out!
    The thread becomes pointless when it is all hear say anyways and the fact that neither side is going to change their opinion. So what is the point in l.a. and st louis fans arguing on a point neither side will budge on? There is no point in it and therefore is pointless. We both are going to fight type until we have blisters defending why the team should be in either l.a. or st louis and at the end of the day it just leads to aggression towards people that you are going towards a common goal in rooting for the Rams were ever they may be.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Well, I'll be darned.....Adarian lives.
    If that's what you want to call it ... last thing I saw before I lapsed into a coma was Georgia-on-my-Mind steppin' out to a showtune demanding new box suites before she would stand at the pearly-gates ...

PS: Personally, I would be perfectly happy if the world would tilt back on its axis and the Rams would return to Cleveland, the Cardinals back to Chicago, and the Colts back to Baltimore; but alas, I'll settle for continued tax credits for my "ethanol production" and the Rams returning to Battlefield:LA ...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'll settle for continued tax credits for my "ethanol production" and the Rams returning to Battlefield:LA
    I suppose 1 out of 2 ain't bad.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    so she could move the team to Misery, uh. Missouri.
    And THIS is why I hate this topic. It will eventually devolve to insults and name-calling between Rams fans. Completely pointless.
    I don't know about this. I lived in Misery, uh. Missouri from 1963 to 2002, and I say that all the time.

Does it mean I hate MO? No. But I am glad that I now live in SE NC. I mean, how many states have successfully voted a dead man into the Gov. office? Not to mention the blessed cold cold and snow. I love my history and family back in MO, but that state is behind me. Has nothing to do my rooting for the RAMS though.

^V^ GO RAMS!!!

gap

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

OMG!!! Even MJD thinks the Rams will go to LA!!!!

"The Raiders have always been Oakland," Jones-Drew said. "They tried L.A. and it didn't work out. No disrespect to L.A. but Oakland Raiders just sounds better. I like the L.A. Rams. Oakland Raiders sounds better."

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

I think it's pathetic that there are "city" fans at all. "I'm an L.A. Rams FAN!!!!!!" Great, lovely. I'm going to go cheer for "The Rams" now if that's ok with you.

That people get excited over even the possibility of thousands of fans losing their team (something they themselves claim was exceedingly painful) is also pretty pathetic.

I think people should support the team and stop making a point of what city they happen to live in. I don't *care* if you live in L.A. I don't *care* if you live in St.Louis. I thought we were cheering for the Rams? But I guess we're just cheering for cities.

Edit: Since we're cheering for cities. Let's go Edwardsville! Sad.
    gap and ZiaRam like this.

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

You are exactly right, Brokenwing. I will again surface my thoughts from 16 months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by me from February 2010
    I just want our LA contingency to know....
    ....that when the dust has settled from all these business wheelings/dealings, and the St. Louis Rams are still the St. Louis Rams, that you will still have a home here. Even though, some of you have gone out of your way to alienate fellow St. Louis Rams fans, it's all going to be water under the bridge. By gones will be by gones.

And by then, maybe the team will be winning again. We can put all this losing and ugliness behind us, and once again just be St. Louis Rams fans all under the same tent with no geographic dissension.

It's going to be a new day soon. And I just want you to know: no hard feelings; all will be forgiven. In the end we're all just Rams fans.
    And I stand by that. To all the fans that made snide remarks about the St. Louis Rams, you are forgiven.

Here's the thing about this issue, Brokenwing; for many LA fans (not all certainly) St. Louis, Missouri, the Midwest, really anything east of California, is a symbol of Georgia Frontiere. They hated Frontier. The woman's dead, and they still spit on her grave. And for these LA fans they feel a need to spit on St. Louis simply because the "St. Louis" Rams are a symbol of the woman they hate so much.

It must be a torn existence; cheering for a team they love so much that sits in a city (symbol) they hate so much. You can even hear it in their posts......all the talk of "bringing the Rams home". For them there can be no "St. Louis" Rams because that means Satan (as they would see Georgia) had won.

You were right. To diminish a team to nothing more than a zip code.......sad.
    gap likes this.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Roy G. Biv View Post

Here's the thing about this issue, Brokenwing; for many LA fans (not all certainly) St. Louis, Missouri, the Midwest, really anything east of California, is a symbol of Georgia Frontiere. They hated Frontier. The woman's dead, and they still spit on her grave...
    Put me under the "not all" category. I liked St. Louis when I was there and since I was born in Iowa I have a huge respect for the midwest. Now as far as the amount of hate I have for the former owner who ripped out my heart when she couldn't successfully hold the City of Anaheim hostage and took the team she stole from CR's son back to a town she abandoned years ago, you got me there!
    ZiaRam likes this.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

And THIS is why I hate this topic. It will eventually devolve to insults and name-calling between Rams fans. Completely pointless.
    Interesting you didn't point out this quote....

and then those who are so sure about the Rams moving back to the land of no
    support (L.A.)
    would be up a creek which shall not be named without a
    paddle.
    Oh yeah, the quote came out of Missouri, not California. I get so sick of fans saying LA didn't support the Rams. To say that is completely ignorant.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Oh yeah, the quote came out of Missouri, not California. I get so sick of fans saying LA didn't support the Rams. To say that is completely ignorant
    . And this one came from a fan in LA.
    The Rams had plenty of support up until she took over. The fans left and the team left...All because of her.
    Is he ignorant too?

Of course he's not. Theodus is simply being honest.

From '91 to '94, the Rams drew less in each year than they did in '10 which was their lowest attended year of the Rams since before the GSOT. I'm not saying there are no LA Rams fans out there. Of course there are; there were then, there are today, there will be tomorrow. But, based on attendance numbers, to say that LA support of the Rams didn't significantly diminish is anything but ignorant.
    Last edited by HUbison; -06-25-2011 at 10:02 AM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

And this one came from a fan in LA. Is he ignorant too?

Of course he's not. Theodus is simply being honest.
    No, he's right on. The fans stopped coming all because of the ownership. Just like the LA Dodgers fans are doing now. ...and that's my point. We will support a team, just not a bad owner.

I guess we just set the bar a little higher out here....
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968