Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    The Rams are just as much a part of Illinois so they are kinda shared. All I see are Rams games here I barely see a bears game unless a Rams game isn't on.
    I've heard this once before on 101espn. How much of a effect and influence does the Rams have on Southern Illinois?
    Quote Originally Posted by netminder View Post
    Don Banks of SI.com was on Dan Patrick this morning talking about the possibility of a team to moving to Los Angeles. Banks said that he thinks Roger Goodell will put this on his priority list and that it will be a relocation of one of these teams (in order of most likely to least likely).

1) San Diego
    2) St. Louis
    3) Minnesota
    4) Jacksonville
    How the heck is jacksonville 4th on this list?

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    I've heard this once before on 101espn. How much of a effect and influence does the Rams have on Southern Illinois?

How the heck is jacksonville 4th on this list?

I would say there are more Rams than bears fans here. I rarely see a bears game on especially if there is a Rams game they will always play Rams over the bears.

Same goes with the Cardinals and cubs they always show Cards games but you can barely find a cubs game on here. I love it lol. You would think we live in Illinois that we would only see Illinois teams but apparently just goes by region. We also only hear Cards and Rams on ESPN radio around here.

The Rams will be in St louis for awhile and everyone has Sammy B and this amazing front office to thank I guarantee that the seats will be filled again seeing Sam and the Rams light it up.

I don't know what your obsession is netminder with the Rams moving. You really want the Rams to move and to have to reestablish themselves in California when they are now getting setup and settled in Missouri? There are so many teams in California to compete with already I don't want our Rams going out there and getting lost.

Not to mention what if Stan did sell the team and the new owners decided to renovate the front office. Now in years past that would be ok and actually warranted but now we have a solid front office I don't want a single thing changing because we need stability to get to the superbowl not chaos of having to move.

I would say there are more Rams than bears fans here. I rarely see a bears game on especially if there is a Rams game they will always play Rams over the bears.

Same goes with the Cardinals and cubs they always show Cards games but you can barely find a cubs game on here. I love it lol. You would think we live in Illinois that we would only see Illinois teams but apparently just goes by region. We also only hear Cards and Rams on ESPN radio around here.

The Rams will be in St louis for awhile and everyone has Sammy B and this amazing front office to thank I guarantee that the seats will be filled again seeing Sam and the Rams light it up.

I don't know what your obsession is netminder with the Rams moving. You really want the Rams to move and to have to reestablish themselves in California when they are now getting setup and settled in Missouri? There are so many teams in California to compete with already I don't want our Rams going out there and getting lost.

Not to mention what if Stan did sell the team and the new owners decided to renovate the front office. Now in years past that would be ok and actually warranted but now we have a solid front office I don't want a single thing changing because we need stability to get to the superbowl not chaos of having to move.
    Wow that's bad ass! I'm glad to hear that we have a fan base and influence like that in Illinois. From what I've heard Missouri is like split like 60-65% Chief fans no?

And I don't know man if I had a chance of my team moving near or to my city I'd be wanting that to! lol would Be a easy drive... The El Paso Rams.... don't like? The Albuerquerque Rams? still...? New Mexican Rams? lol
    On a real note I was about to apply for a position for the rams past couple of years in the sales. 1. So I could experience something new and 2. Live out a dream job! Been so divided on doing it even with a pay cut and logistics of moving that far but would be bad ass! lol *sigh*

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Wow that's bad ass! I'm glad to hear that we have a fan base and influence like that in Illinois. From what I've heard Missouri is like split like 60-65% Chief fans no?

And I don't know man if I had a chance of my team moving near or to my city I'd be wanting that to! lol would Be a easy drive... The El Paso Rams.... don't like? The Albuerquerque Rams? still...? New Mexican Rams? lol
    On a real note I was about to apply for a position for the rams past couple of years in the sales. 1. So I could experience something new and 2. Live out a dream job! Been so divided on doing it even with a pay cut and logistics of moving that far but would be bad ass! lol *sigh*
    Missouri is most likely that way because the chiefs have been there for so long. The Rams will take over one day if we can just stay in one spot.

We don't need to become a nomad team we will never have a established fan base.

Seeing as I lived in Arizona for a couple months and loved it I don't know if I could tell ya to move to the midwest. It gets pretty cold and pretty hot here. Its around 100 daily now and during the winter is down below 30 sometimes in the single digits. So we do get both extremes here. But to me I couldn't live without my Rams and Cards so I dont know if I could move away.0

Seeing as I lived in Arizona for a couple months and loved it I don't know if I could tell ya to move to the midwest. It gets pretty cold and pretty hot here. Its around 100 daily now and during the winter is down below 30 sometimes in the single digits. So we do get both extremes here. But to me I couldn't live without my Rams and Cards so I dont know if I could move away.0
    Dayyum! lol Highest it gets around here is like 110-115 but during this past winter it got in the single digits for the first time in forever for like a week and I kid you not the news people were all going " Dont go outside it is to dangerous, stay inside, you can get seriously hurt if you leave." LOL It was like the apocalypse down here since the coldest it usually gets here in winter is about the mid 20's. Either way I'd go there to work for the rams if I ever work up the courage to do it!
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -07-26-2011 at 08:56 PM.

netminder is offline Registered User

AEG Wants to Break Ground Next Year on Football Staduim

If you build it, they will come.
    That's the hope of AEG CEO and President Tim Leiweke as his company prepares to break ground on Farmer's Field in an effort to attract an NFL team to Los Angeles.
    "The commissioner has encouraged us to talk to anyone and everyone that wants to talk to us and we've done that," Leiweke told NBC4. "
    Leiweke said unlike many cities hoping to subsidize a football stadium with tax revenue, his company is willing to pay for the stadium outright—and that may be the secret to luring a team to Los Angeles.

[IMG]http://media.nbclosangeles.com/images/160*89/nfl_stadium_farmers_field_aeg.jpg[/IMG]
    WATCH

"Some of the teams that are playing in old stadiums that are non-competitive especially in the new economics of the NFL, we're going to have teams that want to move to LA," Leiweke said.
    AEG is ready to break ground the first part of next year on the stadium, according to Leiweke.
    "We have an owner here that has the capability of stepping up and saying 'this is about a billion-and-a-half-dollars I'm going to have to risk and I'm prepared to do it.'"
    The project is estimated to cost nearly $1 billion. Leiweke said the 65,000-seat stadium with a retractable roof would be built on the site of the western hall of the Convention Center.
    A 30-year naming-rights deal with Farmers Insurance Exchange, potentially worth $700 million, would help underwrite some of the cost.
    The plan is one of two stadium proposals with hopes of attracting an NFL team to Los Angeles for the first time since 1995, when the Rams moved to St. Louis and the Raiders returned to Oakland.
    Last edited by netminder; -07-26-2011 at 11:32 PM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I for one am just excited the see the Rams back home in Rams Park after this long labor winter. It's good to be home. Welcome back home, boys. And to all the new players, welcome to your new home at Rams Park; enjoy.
    sjacksonrules and Ramendola16 like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

AEG Wants to Break Ground Next Year on Football Staduim

If you build it, they will come.
    That's the hope of AEG CEO and President Tim Leiweke as his company prepares to break ground on Farmer's Field in an effort to attract an NFL team to Los Angeles.
    "The commissioner has encouraged us to talk to anyone and everyone that wants to talk to us and we've done that," Leiweke told NBC4. "
    Leiweke said unlike many cities hoping to subsidize a football stadium with tax revenue, his company is willing to pay for the stadium outright—and that may be the secret to luring a team to Los Angeles.

[IMG]http://media.nbclosangeles.com/images/160*89/nfl_stadium_farmers_field_aeg.jpg[/IMG]
    WATCH

"Some of the teams that are playing in old stadiums that are non-competitive especially in the new economics of the NFL, we're going to have teams that want to move to LA," Leiweke said.
    AEG is ready to break ground the first part of next year on the stadium, according to Leiweke.
    "We have an owner here that has the capability of stepping up and saying 'this is about a billion-and-a-half-dollars I'm going to have to risk and I'm prepared to do it.'"
    The project is estimated to cost nearly $1 billion. Leiweke said the 65,000-seat stadium with a retractable roof would be built on the site of the western hall of the Convention Center.
    A 30-year naming-rights deal with Farmers Insurance Exchange, potentially worth $700 million, would help underwrite some of the cost.
    The plan is one of two stadium proposals with hopes of attracting an NFL team to Los Angeles for the first time since 1995, when the Rams moved to St. Louis and the Raiders returned to Oakland.
    Find me a quote where Kroenke expresses interest in moving the team. Articles that just mention the Rams as a potential candidate really hold no water.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramendola16 View Post
    Find me a quote where Kroenke expresses interest in moving the team. Articles that just mention the Rams as a potential candidate really hold no water.
    Do you really think that IF Stan has plans to move the Rams, he'd announce it? Really? The only reason to do that would be to hold St. Louis hostage for a new stadium deal and he's not going to do that now. He'd alienate whatever fans he has left and attendance would drop further and..... hmmmm, sounds familiar. Stan and other potential team owners are waiting to see how the LA thing turns out and you won't hear anything from any of them the entire season. ...but once the 2011 season is over, watch and listen.

My question to those that are SURE the Rams are staying in STL is this. Where ARE the Rams going to be in two years, when they don't meet the stadium lease agreement, and there's no money available (through the taxpayers) for a new stadium in St. Louis? Will Stan be content on keeping the Rams in one of the worst venues in sports? As many articles have stated, there seems virtually no chance of the Rams getting a new stadium in Missouri, and the ED is an outdated dinosaur by league standards. (even though it's not that old) So, where will they go? IF a brand new stadium is ready to be built in LA, at no cost to him, or the taxpayers, you don't think that Stan would jump at it? Timing is everything and if he doesn't feel he's going to get a deal in St. Louis and has a window of opportunity to go into the 2nd largest market in the country into a brand-new billion dollar stadium, you think he'd pass it up?

No, Stan isn't going to say anything about moving as long as he's trying to sell season tickets. He'd be an idiot to do so and he's surely no idiot.

This whole thing will play out before the summer of next year. Probably immediately after the environmental impact study is done in LA. (I believe it will be complete around April) A team (or two) will be announced and the moving trucks will be on their way before the summer. There's always a chance that the local politicians will screw it up and the deal will fall apart, but right now, I'd say there's going to be NFL football in LA next year.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

With everything going on right now in Rams Park, and we're still beating this rumor-mongered, speculation-filled horse?

Wow. I guess there will always be those who put more stock in the first part of a team's name than the last.
    Ram Mar Ram likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

GO LA Jaguars!!!

Or Wait, Minnesota doesn't have a home field right now, so....

GO LA Vikings!!!

gap

TheTalkOfTheArch is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Do you really think that IF Stan has plans to move the Rams, he'd announce it? Really? The only reason to do that would be to hold St. Louis hostage for a new stadium deal and he's not going to do that now. He'd alienate whatever fans he has left and attendance would drop further and..... hmmmm, sounds familiar. Stan and other potential team owners are waiting to see how the LA thing turns out and you won't hear anything from any of them the entire season. ...but once the 2011 season is over, watch and listen.

My question to those that are SURE the Rams are staying in STL is this. Where ARE the Rams going to be in two years, when they don't meet the stadium lease agreement, and there's no money available (through the taxpayers) for a new stadium in St. Louis? Will Stan be content on keeping the Rams in one of the worst venues in sports? As many articles have stated, there seems virtually no chance of the Rams getting a new stadium in Missouri, and the ED is an outdated dinosaur by league standards. (even though it's not that old) So, where will they go? IF a brand new stadium is ready to be built in LA, at no cost to him, or the taxpayers, you don't think that Stan would jump at it? Timing is everything and if he doesn't feel he's going to get a deal in St. Louis and has a window of opportunity to go into the 2nd largest market in the country into a brand-new billion dollar stadium, you think he'd pass it up?

No, Stan isn't going to say anything about moving as long as he's trying to sell season tickets. He'd be an idiot to do so and he's surely no idiot.

This whole thing will play out before the summer of next year. Probably immediately after the environmental impact study is done in LA. (I believe it will be complete around April) A team (or two) will be announced and the moving trucks will be on their way before the summer. There's always a chance that the local politicians will screw it up and the deal will fall apart, but right now, I'd say there's going to be NFL football in LA next year.
    we're a two state region - missouri and illinois. The Rams are staying in St. Louis, the Rams are staying.............HOME.

netminder is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheTalkOfTheArch View Post
    we're a two state region - missouri and illinois. The Rams are staying in St. Louis, the Rams are staying.............HOME.
    We will see.

We will see.
    netminder is this the only thread you post in?

We will see.
    Yes, we will.......in a couple of weeks when Rams football begins again.

I reiterate.....with all the great things going on in Rams Park right now, why would any fan be holding out hope for some far-flung future fantasy?

Enjoy the now.