Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: OFFICIAL (and only) "Rams to L.A." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    GO LA Jaguars!!!

Or Wait, Minnesota doesn't have a home field right now, so....

GO LA Vikings!!!

gap
    You forgot the L.A. Chargers!

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    You forgot the L.A. Chargers!
    I left them off because I feel they have better support and stadium than the Jags and Vikes. That would also leave CA with the same amount of teams, which would still lead to speculation that the RAMS would be moving west.

GO LA Jaguars!!!

GO LA Vikings!!!

gap

netminder is offline Registered User

What fan support we talking about. The figures don't lie. The rams avg 52,922 that ranks them 30th out of 32 teams right just above tampa bay and oakland. The jags were 24th in att. with 63,032 which is a good 11,000 above the rams which is 88,000 more fans went to their games. What do the rams have to do to remain in the top 1/3 of the league. New staduim maybe but thats not going to happen. Enjoy this season because the clock is ticking on st louis.
    Last edited by netminder; -07-28-2011 at 03:29 PM.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

now i'm sorry but this was a fun thread, The missourians thinking their team will stay and the LA(ians) just wanting back what was took from them by someone who never should have owned a team in the first place.
    This has been a dull off season but it is back now!!!! We Ramfans will root and cheer till the beers gone(we will go get somemore) no matter where they are. Harmless bantor and a way to kill the off season blahs! The Rams will move back to LA and I will get my season tickets back, but I will also take my sign and raise it high at the games and it will read...Thank you ST Louis for taking care of our team! And u have done a great job.
    And if the Rams do stay ....I couldnt think of a second better place for them to be.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

RAMS 4 Life .... no matter where ....

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Gotta love minimal free agency activity and "building through the draft". Don't actually try to win when you need to do so if you want to save the organization in St. Louis, and thus risk bringing in fans, but make it look like you're trying so you have the foundation ready when you bolt town.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Gotta love minimal free agency activity and "building through the draft". Don't actually try to win when you need to do so if you want to save the organization in St. Louis, and thus risk bringing in fans, but make it look like you're trying so you have the foundation ready when you bolt town.
    There he is!

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I can't wait to see this thread at 75 pages in 2015.
    Ramendola16 likes this.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by evil disco man View Post
    I can't wait to see this thread at 75 pages in 2015.
    All of those post being made my netminder lol.

gap

Quote Originally Posted by netminder View Post
    What fan support we talking about. The figures don't lie. The rams avg 52,922 that ranks them 30th out of 32 teams right just above tampa bay and oakland. The jags were 24th in att. with 63,032 which is a good 11,000 above the rams which is 88,000 more fans went to their games. What do the rams have to do to remain in the top 1/3 of the league. New staduim maybe but thats not going to happen. Enjoy this season because the clock is ticking on st louis.
    I don't know where you are getting your numbers, but the Jags have only had a sellout season when they are playing good; sounds like LA. In the 16 years that the RAMs have been in St. Louis (same time Jas have been in Jax), that RAMS have only had a handful of non-sellouts; and some of those where during a Christmas holiday weekend. Jax cannot even begin to hold a candle to St. Louis when it comes to overall sellouts. Keep wishin' and cryin' in your beer, because you will not get the RAMS for a home team.

Good luck rooting for the LA Jags or LA Vikes.

gap

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    I don't know where you are getting your numbers, but the Jags have only had a sellout season when they are playing good; sounds like LA. In the 16 years that the RAMs have been in St. Louis (same time Jas have been in Jax), that RAMS have only had a handful of non-sellouts; and some of those where during a Christmas holiday weekend. Jax cannot even begin to hold a candle to St. Louis when it comes to overall sellouts. Keep wishin' and cryin' in your beer, because you will not get the RAMS for a home team.

gap
    From Espn. I would put the link up but thats no no on this board. Jags 63,000 to the Rams 52,000. I know stan said he's not moving but chip said he wasn't selling to.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

From Espn. I would put the link up but thats no no on this board. Jags 63,000 to the Rams 52,000. I know stan said he's not moving but chip said he wasn't selling to.
    I don't believe Stan ever said; "I'm not moving". It was more like; "I don't plan on moving, or, I'll do what I can to stay in Missouri". ....which he pretty much has to say while still there. But doing what he can includes petitioning the taxpayers of Missouri to pitch in and give him a new stadium (or totally rebuild the ED) and that's not likely to happen.

Hey, I can totally understand why the Rams fans of Missouri (or those that have never had the Rams in their hometown and don't really care where the Rams play) believe this won't happen, but you have to understand why the LA fans feel and speak out the way we do. Sure, we'll still be Rams fans if it doesn't happen (moving to LA) but we're still pulling for it to happen. Heck, we've stayed with them this long, most are probably not going to abandon ship if they stay in STL, even when LA gets a new (or two) teams. It's not that we don't like the Rams in Missouri, we'd just prefer them in our own backyard as would most of you. At least that's how I feel. I wonder how many Rams fans in Missouri will stay with them if they move back to LA though?

I still think that the Chargers (at least) will come to LA, and that's fine with me, I consider the Chargers my AFC team. Any team that can play and beat the Raiders twice a year is okay by me. I'd be okay with the Jags too. But my friends and I were talking about the Rams returning and re-donning the old blue and white uni's and playing in the LA Coliseum for a year or two (before the new stadium is completed) and saying how cool that would be. You can bet there will be 90k+ at the home games if that happens.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Hey guys look who is number1 on list for farmers field.
    Farmers Field. And if you want to play along at home, feel free to check out our old rankings here and our Definitive NFL Stadium Guide here. You may also want to reacquaint yourself with relocation fees here.

1. St. Louis Rams
    If I had to make a bet on who was coming to Farmers Field, I would double down on the St. Louis Rams. The NFL has communicated to AEG that they would like to see the Rams come back to Los Angeles. The owner of the Rams, Stan Kroenke, has a longstanding history with AEG. As we previously mentioned, not only did Kroenke purchase the operating rights from AEG for the MLS Colorado Rapids in 2003, but he continues to work hand-in-hand with AEG’s concert division, AEG Live, for the AEG Rocky Mountain Concert Series, which is bringing the Foo Fighters and other AEG Live artists to Kroenke’s Pepsi Center in Denver. (Technically, Stan Kroenke transferred ownership of Pepsi Center to his son to fulfill NFL bylaws regarding team ownership but there really is no difference.) But the deciding factor is that the NFL wants the Rams back in Los Angeles.
    2. Oakland Raiders
    The NFL has also communicated to AEG that they do not want the Raiders to relocate to Los Angeles. But when has Al Davis ever listened to the suits in the League Offices? It is no secret that Al Davis does not respect Roger Goodell. The Raiders not only abstained from voting on the current CBA but they also abstained on voting in Goodell in commissioner in 2006. Goodell comes from the Pete Rozelle tree. The feud between Davis and Rozelle has been well documented. Goodell would like the Raiders and San Francisco ***** to operate out of a shared stadium in the Bay Area and maintain two teams in the nation’s fourth largest media market. Even though Amy Trask has confirmed that the Raiders have been discussing such a situation, no real progress has been made on the Raiders side. There is also no way that Davis will cede the rights to the Los Angeles market for nothing, which he feels he still owns. So even though the NFL has told AEG that the Raiders are not coming to Farmers Field, we never count Davis out until he’s actually out. And there is no way a man with such a pimping track suit as Davis should not be in Los Angeles.
    3. Minnesota Vikings
    We were previously not a believer in the L.A. Vikings but we have been told that the NFL is concerned about the stadium issue in Minnesota and considers the Vikings the second best prospect for Farmers Field. The Vikings are essentially without a lease after this season, meaning that they would play either in the Rose Bowl or Los Angeles Coliseum as as stopgap until Farmers Field opens in 2016. Minneaplis is the fifteenth largest media market in the U.S. (source: Nielsen), so a jump to Los Angeles, the second largest media market, would help to increase revenues in the next set of television contractsfor 2014.
    4. San Diego Chargers
    Congratulations, Chargers fans. You are finally a contender for moving to Farmers Field, even if you are on the bottom of the Re-Rankings. San Diego is only the twenty-eight largest media market in the U.S. (source: Nielsen), meaning that a jump to Los Angeles would also strengthen the NFL’s revenues in the next set of television contracts. We still think the Chargers are on the outside looking in for a relocation since the Spanos Family has a relationship with Majestic Realty and not AEG, but they are now a possibility.
    5. Expansion Team
    We were previously bullish on an expansion team coming to Los Angeles, but we are now being told it will not happen by 2012, which is when AEG hopes to have a Disposition and Development Agreement in place for Farmers Field. But expansion is still on the table for bringing a second team to Los Angeles.
    6. Who Did Not Make The List
    Buffalo Bills, under their current ownership with Ralph Wilson, are committed to staying put. This could change if Wilson passes away since the team will essentially be sold to the highest bidder.
    Jacksonville Jaguars are locked into their stadium deal. (See the Guide.) AEG has not had serious discussions with the Jaguars for this reason.
    San Francisco ***** at this point are a longshot. No direct talks between AEG and the Niners have taken place. But AEG has been in contact with a syndicate that is exploring a purchase of the ***** but the transaction is muddy. Although the Yorks privately have been contemplating a sale since April, there has been no recent movement with the CBA situation cloudy. At this point, it looks as if the Yorks will remain owners of the Niners and get a stadium built in Santa Clara.
    Major30 likes this.

gap

PM me the link. I HIGHLY doubt that the Jags have averaged 63k over 16 years. I believe the sklewed stats you have above are from the RAMS worst year and the Jags best year. I only seen a few Jags games that have had a stadium full enough to be a sellout, and those were nationally televised games in a winning season.

gap

gap

Hey guys look who is number1 on list for farmers field.
    Farmers Field. And if you want to play along at home, feel free to check out our old rankings here and our Definitive NFL Stadium Guide here. You may also want to reacquaint yourself with relocation fees here.

1. St. Louis Rams
    If I had to make a bet on who was coming to Farmers Field, I would double down on the St. Louis Rams. The NFL has communicated to AEG that they would like to see the Rams come back to Los Angeles. The owner of the Rams, Stan Kroenke, has a longstanding history with AEG. As we previously mentioned, not only did Kroenke purchase the operating rights from AEG for the MLS Colorado Rapids in 2003, but he continues to work hand-in-hand with AEG’s concert division, AEG Live, for the AEG Rocky Mountain Concert Series, which is bringing the Foo Fighters and other AEG Live artists to Kroenke’s Pepsi Center in Denver. (Technically, Stan Kroenke transferred ownership of Pepsi Center to his son to fulfill NFL bylaws regarding team ownership but there really is no difference.) But the deciding factor is that the NFL wants the Rams back in Los Angeles.
    This only proves my belief that the NFL would sell their soul to keep a team out of St. Louis. Ever since the city told the NFL to pound sand, and they weren't going to be extorted to keep a leach like Bidwell in town, the league has done all it could to keep a team out of St. Louis. As I have stated before, and there is history to prove it, the franchise that became the Jags should have gone to St. Louis. The leaue's forcing that franchise into a city that wasn't as prepared for it, opened the door for the RAMS to move to St. Louis.

That is why it would be so sweet to see the Jags move to LA. That would complete the circle, and erase the league's meddling to prevent what is best for the league.

gap