Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Official: Rams London Bound

FilthyMcNasty is offline Registered User

Re: Official: Rams London Bound

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    I have already been in contact with the Rams regarding Bash tickets
    Magnificent idea, I want in.

I sympathise for STL/MO/IL based Rams fans having a home game taken from them, I really do, but on the flipside I travelled to a game at the EJD a few years ago, and it hurt to see the stadium half empty, with Dolphins fans dotted around the ground, and the team jeered by what Rams fans were in the house.

The Wembley game will be attended by 80000+, the crowd will not boo the home team and the game will be shown in the US, no blackout. If I'd have asked a Rams fan that day at the Dome if they'd mind if the next game was shipped abroad they'd have said take them all. They may have said that during much of 2011 too.

I see this move as lessening the likelihood of the team moving to LA, and I don't want it too, I loved STL.

I think 3 games in 3 years is excessive, one would have sufficed. I also think a UK franchise will never happen, 90000 will attend one game a year, but 8? Nope. It isn't just London's game, it's Europe's game, NFL fans from across the continent travel to London for this what is a special event, but replicating that 8 times minimum a year? Won't work. I couldn't attend 8 games a year in London, the expense of tickets, travel and accomodation would be prohibitive and I couldn't do it.

A question. If silent Stan broke his silence and said 'hey STL, if we can play one game a year in London, the team will stay in STL during my tenure', would Rams fans go for that?
    Jonze likes this.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I'm studying abroad in London right now! Hell yes!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Quote Originally Posted by sephjnr View Post
    Not trying to detract from the Rams' drawing power, but with Kroenke's connections wouldn't it be better to have the game at Emirates Stadium, to improve the chances of a sellout?
    The Emirates Stadium could not accommodate a 120 yard long pitch. Very few UK venues could because they are built with football/soccer and Rugby pitch sizes in mind.

Another thing... I hope some Rams fans will make the trip across the pond.

In 2008 I went to the Chargers - Saints game at Wembley and made a friend for life, an LA based Chargers fan, he was part of a large group of Bolts fans who came to London on a package organised by the Chargers, he made a comment about my Faulk jersey, I bought him a beer and now we're close friends, well as close as you can be several thousand miles apart.

Make the trip Rams fans, I'll buy you a beer.

All hail the St. London Rams!
    Last edited by FilthyMcNasty; -01-20-2012 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Glib pun added
    RamDez likes this.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I may have to head back for a weekend, work allowing......or maybe even without work allowing .
    RamDez likes this.

Rammed is offline Registered User

I love all the doom and gloom. But the Glazer (ManU) family has had two games in London and the last time I checked they're still in Tampa.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Local media isn't any better, they're doing everything they can to stir the pot.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Im happy for the fans across the pond,you guys should get the privelage of seeing the Rams in person.And hopefully this year we will be competitive so it will be a good game worth going too.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyMcNasty View Post
    Magnificent idea, I want in.

I sympathise for STL/MO/IL based Rams fans having a home game taken from them, I really do, but on the flipside I travelled to a game at the EJD a few years ago, and it hurt to see the stadium half empty, with Dolphins fans dotted around the ground, and the team jeered by what Rams fans were in the house.

The Wembley game will be attended by 80000+, the crowd will not boo the home team and the game will be shown in the US, no blackout. If I'd have asked a Rams fan that day at the Dome if they'd mind if the next game was shipped abroad they'd have said take them all. They may have said that during much of 2011 too.

I see this move as lessening the likelihood of the team moving to LA, and I don't want it too, I loved STL.

I think 3 games in 3 years is excessive, one would have sufficed. I also think a UK franchise will never happen, 90000 will attend one game a year, but 8? Nope. It isn't just London's game, it's Europe's game, NFL fans from across the continent travel to London for this what is a special event, but replicating that 8 times minimum a year? Won't work. I couldn't attend 8 games a year in London, the expense of tickets, travel and accomodation would be prohibitive and I couldn't do it.

A question. If silent Stan broke his silence and said 'hey STL, if we can play one game a year in London, the team will stay in STL during my tenure', would Rams fans go for that?
    I agree alot of the fans in London come from all over Europe. Lots of danes, germans, italiens, spaniol and so forth. The cost of traveling to london og staying there for the weekend + food and beer + tickets will easily set you back 1500 dollars. So it is something I can do once each year not 8 times. A team permanently based in Europe is a pipe dream, but one game pr year is a very good thing for the NFL brand and the teams involved.

majorram is offline Registered User

just dont see a team, any team moving to London!!! sorry but I like the idea of the Rams going global!!!!

steve
    RamDez likes this.
    "The breakfast Club"

Pick Six Guest

The neutrals will definitely be behind the Rams although the UK is overrun with Patriots fans who were not even watching when New England wore red jerseys!

Bing69 is offline Registered User

can of you guys give me some advice....

which airport is closest to london itself? gatwick, heathrow or standstead?...

Heathrow. That's the main hub for Britain.

nobby Guest

Hi Guys
    Just heard the great news that the Rams are coming to the UK.
    Been supporting the Rams since i saw them on a TV program called World of Sport back in 1975.
    Went to the Superbowl in 2000 and watched this great team finally win the Big One!
    Cant wait to go to Wembley and lose my voice shouting for the boys.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Again, let me say this is a bad idea. A very bad idea. I don't mind the preseason venture overseas, but this game is not meant to be international. Because of the scheduling, the routine players have (need) this is a horrible idea. Look up the past history of teams playing a regular season game over there. It's not favorable. The Rams have an unhill battle as it is, the hill just got a little steeper. Those of you that don't think this is a big deal, have no clue as to the disruption the travel has on a team.

If the league went to 17 or 18 games and had mulitple "breaks" for each team, then it could work, but unless the Rams get a week off after each trip across the pond. Bad idea. If I were a season ticket holder at the ED, I'd be furious. The Rams / Patriots game would have been the highlight of the home schedule and now it's gone? To think the NFL actually believes it can base a team in the UK is just nuts. If they want to go international, send the Cowboys and Raiders to Mexico.
    TheTalkOfTheArch and NB Ram like this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968