Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Official: Rams London Bound

FilthyMcNasty is offline Registered User

Re: Official: Rams London Bound

So, I won't be buying you a beer then?

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Just seen this on another forum, Not sure if its been posted yet.

" The NFL wanted a consecutive multi-year commitment to London from a franchise to serve as a "host" team. Kroenke's Rams make perfect sense given his ownership of Arsenal of the EPL. (The same reason why the Tampa Bay Bucs, owned by the Glazer family, has played two of the last three games in London. The Glazers own EPL kingpin Manchester United.) Forget this junk about the Rams expanding their brand; much of this is about Kroenke enhancing his popularity in London. Arsenal fans still aren't sure what to make of Kroenke; he's made gains but still needs to win them over. This should help. And Kroenke clearly desires to be an international sports entrepreneur; his presence as an increasingly prominent sports tycoon in Europe can only help open doors to potential business deals that have nothing to do with sports."

The London Rams?!?!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoul View Post
    Just seen this on another forum, Not sure if its been posted yet.

" The NFL wanted a consecutive multi-year commitment to London from a franchise to serve as a "host" team. Kroenke's Rams make perfect sense given his ownership of Arsenal of the EPL. (The same reason why the Tampa Bay Bucs, owned by the Glazer family, has played two of the last three games in London. The Glazers own EPL kingpin Manchester United.) Forget this junk about the Rams expanding their brand; much of this is about Kroenke enhancing his popularity in London. Arsenal fans still aren't sure what to make of Kroenke; he's made gains but still needs to win them over. This should help. And Kroenke clearly desires to be an international sports entrepreneur; his presence as an increasingly prominent sports tycoon in Europe can only help open doors to potential business deals that have nothing to do with sports."

The London Rams?!?!
    I'm sorry, but this is absolute rubbish.

Arsenal fans couldn't care less about the St Louis Rams, and in fact are probably annoyed that Kroenke is concentrating on the Rams rather than Arsenal, who currently sit 5th in the league.

In fact, I would bet that most Arsenal fans don't care about American Football. Arsenal are a finesse soccer team, one that cries and whines when they come up against a tough tackling team. Fans of a team like that aren't going to be interested in watching big, tough guys crash together on the American Football field

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    This will give us a global brand or at least a foot up. Do I think we move to the UK no. But I want the biggest fan base in the world!
    Some people want to count tickets or merchandise sold as the basis for the "largest fan base" claim. You say tomayto, I say tomaato. What I really want to know is whether this London connection is going to result in an Arsenal's Firm The Herd equivalent? You know, something like the Rams' Firm The Clan?

2, 3, four,
    what are we fighting for.

don't give a damn,
    next stop, is LA Rams.

Sorry, Joe ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789