throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LA Rammer is offline Registered User

*Official Rams vs Cardinals Prediction Thread

Posted already now making it a thread:

Look at Cards coming out strong this week. They were humiliated on national prime time. Now they have something to play for, DIGNITY. This is going to be close.

Rams 17 cards 14

LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: *Official Rams vs Cardinals Prediction Thread

Well, you are right, but really...is there much we have to really worry about on their offense? Derek Anderson cannot function an offense properly. Beanie Wells and Tim Hightower are both good but disappointing this season. And remember Larry Fitzgerald? Yeah, week 1 when we shut him down, partly because Anderson sucks, and because of good defense.

Although I do agree. This could be a scare.

Rams 24 Cards 13

swatter555 is offline Registered User

Unfortunately, even Derek Anderson can scorch the Rams pass defense. I find this one hard to predict because of our 4th quarter woes. I see us having the lead in the 4th quarter, I wonder if we will hold it.

Other than that, I think the Cardinals are falling apart.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I know the Cardinals have something to prove but I also think our defense does as well after that last quarter in Denver. I hope they will and I think they will come looking for blood. (figuratively of course)

Despite my criticism of the play calling on the last couple of offensive drives I am quite confident in Shurmur's abilities. He went from calling bad halves to calling bad quarters to calling a bad couple of drives... I think we may actually see a whole game out of him this week.

Predictions...

1 ) Sam will produce similar stats as the Denver game.

2) Alexander will make it into the end zone again.

3) Billy B extends his touchdown streak to 2 games.

4) At no point will Jackson go down easy.

5) Our "terrible" dbs will hold Fitzgerald to under 50 yards.

6) Rams will have 4 sacks.

7) The squirrel will reappear and we will learn it is actually a pet of Laurinaitis' that lives in Atogwe's hair.

8) Rams will win 31 to 10.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Even though the Cards squeaked by us game 1 of the regular season. Derek Anderson took a beating in that game and I look for that to continue Sunday.

RAMS 24
    Cards 13

GO RAMS!!!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Rams 24
    Cardinals 16

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Let's look back at that week one matchup and how it relates now.

The Arizona offense seemingly has lost the ability to function, rating 30th in Pass offense and 31st in Rush offense, which is not much of a surprise, given that they have a QB by committee with sub-par parts. Anderson threw for almost 300 yards in the opener, and Steve Breaston was a hero, with 132 yards and the critical strip of Clifton Ryan just before he got to the endzone. On top of that, the Cards gashed the Rams' run defense all the way down the field to get their first TD. On Monday night, they got 13 yards rushing, and Anderson was totally ineffective. Advantage: Rams

The Cardnals defense also came up big in week one, with Adrian Wilson blocking a difference making FG(2 Bradford INT's came from 4th Q desperation), getting 2 picks and a sack. Bradford came out in his first game with much more poise than was expected, but still was learning how to be an NFL QB, leading to incomplete passes, a careless INT, and then two more INT's trying to catch up. He's grown immensely since this first game, and is protecting the football. The Cards' defense needed a block and 3 INT's to win in September, they won't get that again. Advantage: Rams

The Rams' Offense is light years ahead of where they should be at the moment, with Bradford putting on a clinic on how to be an effective rookie QB. Despite a constant rotation of receivers going in and out of the game, Bradford is comfortable with whomever is out there with him and is playing lights out. If the Cards have any chance at winning, they have to make a choice, stop Bradford or stop Jackson. You saw how well stopping Jackson worked in Denver last week. Will the Cards take the chance at letting Jax run wild over them? Advantage: Rams

The Rams' Defense almost won the game back in week 1, forcing four fumble turnovers(official box score has 7 fumbles by Arizona offense), and almost returning one of them to the house before losing it to a Breaston strip. That one TD would have made the difference. Also, Bartell did a mostly amazing job holding Fitzgerald to 3 grabs for 43 yards, though he let him get behind him for an easy TD in the 4th quarter that put the Cards ahead for good. In this game, I don't see the defense getting 4 TO's, but getting more than their 2 sacks in week 1. I also see Fitzy doing a little better in this game, but not much. Advantage: Cards.

At the end of the day, I see this being a much cleaner game than week one, with Bradford protecting the ball, and our defense not causing as many turnovers either. Pass rushing is more stable than TO's, and the Rams are better than the Cards in that department with 31 sacks to 21 by Arizona. Arizona's also given up 36 sacks to the Rams' 22. The Rams are playing better each week and the Cards are tanking. If they couldn't get up on national TV, at home, to a division opponent to stay a game behind the leaders, they won't under the same circumstances this week when no one's watching. The Rams are a better team than the whiners, and the score will look much the same.

Rams 31
    Cards 13 (Because that's who they really need... #13)
    Last edited by TekeRam; -12-01-2010 at 12:15 PM.
    I believe!

The Rammer Guest

Danario has 6 receptions for 114 yards and a TD. Give me Rams 24 Cardinals 13.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

This game makes me nervous. The Cardinals have been battered, but they might be able to get up for the Rams game and give us a punch to the mouth, sort of like Detroit did to us. We walked into that game pretty confident and got clocked, I worry the same thing will happen.

Never-the-less, give me
    Rams 28
    Arizona 20

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Well, my prediction of a convincing win in Denver was pretty spot-on.

...for three quarters.

Then they picked on our lousy DB's in nickle and dime packages and we stopped putting pressure on the QB. Can the Cardinals do the same?

The Rams now have to face a humiliated Cardinal's QB, and a desparate and angry team this week, in their house. How will the Rams do?

We'll kill 'em. The only way the Rams lose this one is if they play laid back football and make mistakes. They must get after Anderson and if they do, he'll put up a couple of picks. (there is a question though on if our DB's can actually catch a pick, but we'll see) Jackson and Darby must continue to get their share of carries to take the pressure off of Bradford, and they MUST throw more on first and second down, like they did in the 2nd quarter of last weeks game. Two words Shurmur. "Play action".

Rams win this one, 31 to 13.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RimrockCard is offline Registered User

Welp..some of you know i`m a second tier rams bandwagoner when y`all aint playing us,so my prediction from the heart is Cards win it...but the reality is we SUCK BAD,Bradford is gonna shine standing in the pocket all day and throwing at his leisure and humiliating our secondary ..lol
    Maybe there is some LUCK in our future ..who knows,but heres to Good a injury free game with Sam not setting to many rookie records
    BTW..y`all bout done with Sam? we could sure use another of your cast offs bout now..lol

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

I have to disagree with you all. The Cards stink and escaped St Louis with a win only because Sam had no clue as to how to run the two minute drill. Since then, we have owned the west 2 times and the cards are spiraling out of control to the basement of the west. We know what this team can do and it aint much. Even their only star said "please god trade me!"

Rams 40 Sam Bradford coming out party
    Cards 10 if they get lucky

Pitfalls being we look past this team to New Orleans
    Last edited by lordwhttgr; -12-03-2010 at 01:23 AM.

swatter555 is offline Registered User

We are not looking past the Cardinals, that is one of the few things I am sure of when it comes to this game.

LA2STL is offline Registered User

"Dem Rams" 32 Cards 13

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Name:  St. Louis Raams logo 2.gif
Views: 83
Size:  4.9 KB 31

Name:  3299c75e7098ecd0.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  3.1 KB 9

sam and the rams continue to roll, the cardinals continue to blow!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast