Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Re: *Official Rams vs. Raiders Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Where is the evidence of this?
    Hence, the word, "wonder" ...

The HC is very conservative this is clear. We blitzed less in the second half, we didn't try anything downfield in the second half until the end. It's been like this since day one with Spags ...

Trends often become reality, just saying ...

Shurmur was wide open last week and the last two games of the preseason. Then today after a few hits on Bradford in the first half, it's like they shut it down ...

How do you explain it?

Truth is offline Registered User

While I agree that the play calling left a bit to be desired, it still is incumbent upon the guys on the field to actually execute. That certainly didn't happen enough. I'm dissappointed in both lines, and once again, our lack of a true #1 receiver is PAINFULLY obvious.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

BTW, for those interested that couldn't watch, get a copy of the game. There were at least 4-5 great replay shots that showed how defenses can smother our short passing game due to the lack of creativity. There are so many of these plays where not a single receiver gets more than 10 yards deep ...

nuclearman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I'm dissappointed in both lines, and once again, our lack of a true #1 receiver is PAINFULLY obvious.

... too true truth

Shale Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    There are so many of these plays where not a single receiver gets more than 10 yards deep ...
    So right on the vanilla plays, but while watching those take a look at where the opposing D-Line is in relation to Bradford and how much time it takes them to get there. Do you really think we have a receiver that can get free down field before we hang our QB out to dry?

Our O-line needs to step up and protect the QB. Until that happens I would rather lose a game than ruin a QB.

roju Guest

Can someone tell me when the West Coast Offense actually produced a superbowl team? Shumar coming from the Eagles doesn't help my confidence at all. Yes, we don't have the players, but not taking any chances or having an imagination on offense doesn't help.

bradwill is offline Registered User

4_9ers

I am not a big fan of the WCO but it doesn't have to be as bad as how Shurmur made it look today. Bunch formations with everyone going 5 yards to the same spot is not an "offense."

Not-so-good play today by the O-line sure doesn't help, either.

Shale Guest

Quote Originally Posted by roju View Post
    Can someone tell me when the West Coast Offense actually produced a superbowl team?
    Um, you can debate what the West Coast Offense really is, but the most common association is with Walsh's Niners. They won the Super Bowl in '81, '84, and '89 with this offense. You can even make the case that the Rams won Super Bowl XXXIV with a version of the WCO ... Not sure what point your trying to make here.
    Last edited by Shale; -09-19-2010 at 08:28 PM.

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Good try by the Rams....
    Sorry, I can't agree. Very poor effort. Too many missed opportunities. VERY stupid ruffing penalty at a critical moment. Very dissappointed with this effort.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Sorry, I can't agree. Very poor effort. Too many missed opportunities. VERY stupid ruffing penalty at a critical moment. Very dissappointed with this effort.
    I agree. this losing has to stop,6 wins in the last 50 regular season games,this is getting really hard to take,I will be a Rams fan for life but I want to throw up right now,I want to tell Spags where to put his "4 pillars" but I will hold off on that,but I will say this guy needs to start to put some wins together or else his so called free pass needs to be taken away.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Hence, the word, "wonder" ...

The HC is very conservative this is clear. We blitzed less in the second half, we didn't try anything downfield in the second half until the end. It's been like this since day one with Spags ...

Trends often become reality, just saying ...

Shurmur was wide open last week and the last two games of the preseason. Then today after a few hits on Bradford in the first half, it's like they shut it down ...

How do you explain it?
    To be honest, outside of having Bradford throw until his arm fell off, I'm hesitant to say the offense was "wide open". Yeah he threw a lot, but for the most part he didn't throw very far. The Preseason was more open, but how much of that was other teams holding back on defense.

Rich86 is offline Registered User

the thing that hurt me about the loss the most was petty personal fouls. this is not basketball, dudes need to man up and quit bs'ing