Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Official: Ryan NOT hired as Rams DC

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Official: Ryan NOT hired as Rams DC

I also want to add that I don't want to "sell our souls" so to speak to win a SuperBowl, which, to me, the Saints did. I love the Saints and Brees, Payton, etc., but I want to win the right way, without a tarnished reputation, or, in this case, a potentially obnoxious coach. My point is this: I want to build this team with the right people, and that naturally includes coaches.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I also want to add that I don't want to "sell our souls" so to speak to win a SuperBowl, which, to me, the Saints did. I love the Saints and Brees, Payton, etc., but I want to win the right way, without a tarnished reputation, or, in this case, a potentially obnoxious coach. My point is this: I want to build this team with the right people, and that naturally includes coaches.
    Listen here Spags, you and your 4 Pillars are GONE!! I don't mind the Bill Bilicheat way of thinking " If your not cheating your not trying..!"

Last edited by ZiaRam; -01-29-2013 at 02:16 PM.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

The guy is just like his bother AND Dad, all just a bunch of "look-at-me" drama queens. He wasn't even hired with the Rams and just look at what a drama he created. Imagine what it would have been like had he been hired. Wow.

We dodged a bullet there.
    Varg6, prof22693 and Agrajag like this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Head Slap is offline Registered User

Good; I didn't think he was a fit anyway. His arrogance is unearned at this point

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Listen here Spags, you and your 4 Pillars are GONE!! I don't mind the Bill Bilicheat way of thinking " If your not cheating your not trying..!"

Whether we like him or not, Bellichick is also a genius. Spags, not so much. Regardless, I'm happy we have a coach who isn't scared to roll the dice on someone who has serious playmaking talent (i.e. Jenkins). That's one thing I truly respect: no decision is ever made out of fear. I think we absolutely have that in Fisher.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I think it's more of a problem with a personality fit than a scheme fit. Scheme fit is an excuse you provide when you don't want to give a real reason. Fisher isn't going to say "I didn't realize how much a jerk Rob is".

Rob Ryan is a good D-coordinator.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Whether we like him or not, Bellichick is also a genius. Spags, not so much. Regardless, I'm happy we have a coach who isn't scared to roll the dice on someone who has serious playmaking talent (i.e. Jenkins). That's one thing I truly respect: no decision is ever made out of fear. I think we absolutely have that in Fisher.
    BeliCheat is a Cheater plain and simple and a jerkface to boot. His Super Bowl wins will always go down with a asterick by them and it's no lack of chance that he hasn't won a Super Bowl being busted for Spy Gate.
    gap likes this.

RamBill is offline Registered User

Schefter: Rams Will Not Hire Rob Ryan –Video

Adam Schefter discusses the Rams’ reversal on Rob Ryan as defensive coordinator.

Watch Schefter Discuss Ryan

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Since I am not a fan of the 3-4 D, I can't say I'm disappointed.

Besides - I think the Rams D looked better last year than the cowboys D did.
    prof22693 and Agrajag like this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Adam Schefter the deal a week ago that was never signed... sounds like there never was deal Adam.

I wonder if the Saints opening has something to do with this. They reported they fired Spags because they wanted to go to a 3-4. Lets see of Rob get an interview.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Adam Schefter the deal a week ago that was never signed... sounds like there never was deal Adam.

I wonder if the Saints opening has something to do with this. They reported they fired Spags because they wanted to go to a 3-4. Lets see of Rob get an interview.
    That's an interesting thought. I have read that it was Al Davis who insisted on a 4/3 D in OAK against Ryan's preference. Can't blame the guy for wanting to avoid that again if his schematic heart belongs to a 3/4. Personally, I think The Saints are slipping into the downward part of a cycle but maybe the compensation of slurping drive-thru daiquiris & shovel jambalaya into that big mouth & losing would be better than working against his philosophy & winning. Sounds Ryan-logical to me.

And it's a relief to know that Fisher wasn't going to change the scheme just to get him on board, if that was the case.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post

Does that mean Spags is coming back to St. Louis?

All I can say about the non-signing is...phew!....that was close. Count me among the few who didn't want him as our DC. He's overrated from all that I've read.

So now the question is who will be our DC? Any love for Lovie?

Go Rams!
    live4ramin likes this.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Now ProFootballTalk is reporting that the Rams may be targeting Dick Jauron for the job

Quote Originally Posted by PFT View Post
    Former Cleveland Browns defensive coordinator Dick Jauron may not be unemployed for long.

According to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the St. Louis Rams are expected to reach out to Jauron for their vacant defensive coordinator position.

The Rams seemed set on hiring former Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan before ultimately deciding he wasn't a fit in St. Louis. Jauron was officially fired by the Browns on Monday despite the team already having hired his replacement in former Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton

Jauron spent the last two seasons with Cleveland as defensive coordinator.

The guy seems like a pretty good defensive coach, albeit one with the personality of a bowl of corn flakes. We will have to wait and see where this goes.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Good riddance, on to the next one

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

So we almost hired him 2 weeks ago, and we almost fired him 2 weeks ago. And now we hired him 2 days ago, and fired him today. Isn't this some sort of world record ? Frickin media..

THE DREAM TEAM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast