Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

oh ......This defense

Seriously it is painful to watch our defense at the moment im really just sick of this. They in my opinion will have to trade for a prime defensive player this off season.

LET'S GO DODGERS

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: oh ......This defense

Yeah it was painful to see Larry Johnson to run all over the Rams.... He had big gains and we had missed tackles and Chiefs O line made good holes.... Who is going to be a free agent this offseason?

brawleyramfan is offline Registered User

FISHER, FISHER and oh yeah Travis Fisher, this guy sucks big time.

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by brawleyramfan View Post
    FISHER, FISHER and oh yeah Travis Fisher, this guy sucks big time.
    Fisher is not the problem. This defense cannot stop the run and that is the problem. I don't know why they can't stop the run, but they can't. Maybe some day, but not today and probably not this season.
    Sprtsmac :football:

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Keep the defense on the sidelines and let the offense play the entire game. With the exception of one offensive player.....Alex barron, He kills drives with his silly false starts. Down by 1 TD near the redzone and he chokes twice.

Rambos is offline Registered User

ST gives it up on the 15 and Marc, SJ give it up around our 35. How about some help.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Fisher is a problem but he's not the only problem. I'm hard pressed to find any keepers on the defensive side of the ball for the Rams. Certainly no Rams from the D will be in the Pro Bowl. Witherspoon is good sideline to sideline but where is he on the runs right up the middle? Maybe he is better suited of OLB rather than MLB. Where is anybody on the D line against the run? Where are the safties against the run? Then the pass. Where's the pass rush? Where's the pass coverage? The entire D is a black hole. Like I said, no keepers.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

It's hard to turn around six years of neglect.

This defense gave KC nothing three straight possessions in the second half, and then gave up a 96 yard touchdown drive while making it look easy. Very strange...

hey SavageRam, good point. I thought the Rams D came out in the second half and had the Chiefs figured out. until that last drive

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    ST gives it up on the 15 and Marc, SJ give it up around our 35. How about some help.
    I agree with what you are saying about some help, but Larry Johnson did rush for 177 yards and if the defense would have stopped KC on that last drive that was over 90 yards we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

The offense did put the defense in the hole early on but the defense had a chance to get out of that hole at the end and they couldn't.
    Sprtsmac :football:

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

The lack of a pass rush and not being able to stop the run are bigger concerns to me than the secondary.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by SavageRam View Post
    It's hard to turn around six years of neglect.

This defense gave KC nothing three straight possessions in the second half, and then gave up a 96 yard touchdown drive while making it look easy. Very strange...
    Yep, good point. I believe in the chat I even made a comment to the effect of the Chiefs looking like we did against Seattle - amazing first half, bad second half. We did a nice job stopping them in the second half except when we really had to.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

general counsel is offline Registered User

I have been saying all year that as pathetic as we are against the run, that not whats killing us and i stand by it. Today, we couldnt make plays when we had the chance. Again, the failure of fisher to make the sack, the non INT by coakley and the failure to fall on the fumble was really the difference, not the running by LJ.

If we make those plays, or even 2 out of the three, all of which were easy plays, it changes the game completely. An average to below average defense can ONLY survive by causing turnovers. We have no pass rush except little and when you get the chance to change the game with turnovers, you have to make the plays.

We need big time help at safety, we need help in a HUGE way at defensive end or outside linebacker or both in a pass rushing mode. We need wroten to progress. We need to resign little. GLover is a shadow of his former self.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

MASSIVE is offline Registered User

Unhappy Re: oh ......This defense

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I have been saying all year that as pathetic as we are against the run, that not whats killing us and i stand by it. Today, we couldnt make plays when we had the chance. Again, the failure of fisher to make the sack, the non INT by coakley and the failure to fall on the fumble was really the difference, not the running by LJ.

If we make those plays, or even 2 out of the three, all of which were easy plays, it changes the game completely. An average to below average defense can ONLY survive by causing turnovers. We have no pass rush except little and when you get the chance to change the game with turnovers, you have to make the plays.

We need big time help at safety, we need help in a HUGE way at defensive end or outside linebacker or both in a pass rushing mode. We need wroten to progress. We need to resign little. GLover is a shadow of his former self.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    We need to resign little? I think we should franchise tag him for the next two years, he really doesn't have much left in his tank. I belive we need to look at this team as a work in progress. This team is not going to make the playoffs so what we need to do is play the young guys and determine if they will be good players or not. This Defense needs help at the DT,DE,SOLB,CB,SS postions-that is alot of help and it is going to take tame.:\

we need to watch that, putting the tag on him would hurt us. Better to get him signed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast