Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PHAT-MONEY Guest

OJ Atogwe Was Screwed!!

how is Roy williams going to the pro bowl over oj??? that is bull crap.. dallas has enough players going. we should have 3 going but no.... we had to have a 3-13 season.. OJ deserves It More.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: OJ Atogwe Was Screwed!!

Quote Originally Posted by PHAT-MONEY View Post
    how is Roy williams going to the pro bowl over oj??? that is bull crap.. dallas has enough players going. we should have 3 going but no.... we had to have a 3-13 season.. OJ deserves It More.
    Unfortunately America's team get's the nod even though Williams does not deserve to go. He is terrible in coverage he couldnt cover himself with a blanket.
    Just Fix It

Drew Guest

tis the pop bowl isn`t it .....im past caring if our boys get there anymore because i see it for what it is now...meaningless!

on sky tv virtually every `phins game was shown,like the "pro" bowl merit dont come into it...was good to see the `phins get stuffed every week tho!

HornIt Guest

If tackling means anything in football, I'd have to think Williams deserves it over Atogwe.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HornIt View Post
    If tackling means anything in football, I'd have to think Williams deserves it over Atogwe.
    I would have to agree. Although Atogwe had his INT's, his tackling and coverage throughout the year was very short of spectacular.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Mooselini Guest

I was gonna repost with an angry, screw Dallas OJ deserves to go...

Then I read this, and it makes full sense.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

who cares about tackling (in the pro bowl) everyone is trying to go soft and not get hurt. Look at all the other nfc leaders in a key category they all made the pro bowl how about this guy. If you'd rather have a guy like Roy " cowboy collar" Williams and the first ACL tear in the pro bowl go ahead and have him

PHAT-MONEY Guest

Antonio Cromartie only started 10 games.. got 2 or 3 aganist the colts... it's not like he played great all year either. most of his int's came with only 3 or 4 weeks left in the season. OJ may have missed a few takles, but atleast he was a full time starter all year.. oh well maybe Oj can pull of a rating of 90 on madden 09

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

The Roy Williams that had a whopping 16 more tackles than Atogwe? Atogwe is a FREE safety, the deepest man on the field. Williams is practically a hybrid linebacker with zero coverage skills. If he didn't have more tackles it would be pathetic ...

OJ make 76 tackles on the season, explain that if he is such a poor tackler? That is a high amount of tackles at the FS position ....

Keenum is offline Registered User

I thought O.J. deserved it more than Williams overall, but 3-13 and a reputation for a bad defense sure don't help any of your defensive players get votes.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    The Roy Williams that had a whopping 16 more tackles than Atogwe? Atogwe is a FREE safety, the deepest man on the field. Williams is practically a hybrid linebacker with zero coverage skills. If he didn't have more tackles it would be pathetic ...

OJ make 76 tackles on the season, explain that if he is such a poor tackler? That is a high amount of tackles at the FS position ....
    I love how they are dogging Atogwe for tackling and for his coverage skills. Well my friend is a huge Dallas fan and he cant stand Williams because he sucks in coverage. Williams doesnt deserve to be there Atogwe does. Let's compare the stats shall we?

Total Tackles

Atogwe-75
    Williams-92

Solo

Atogwe-66
    Williams-73

Passes Defensed

Atogwe-12
    Williams-5

Int's

Atogwe-8
    Williams-2

TD's
    Atogwe-1
    Williams-0

Horse Collars

Atogwe-0
    Willimas-3 and 1 game suspension

How does Williams deserve to go over Atogwe? O.J. was second in the NFL in interceptions. Willimas doesnt even make honorable mention in that category. Like I said if you want to see Williams coverage skills watch the Skins game from 2005 year when they Skins dropped 14 on the Boys in like 5 minutes and Williams blew the coverage twice on Santana Moss. O.J. should be in the Pro Bowl not Williams.

Here check for yourself how bad Williams is in coverage watch this video and go to the 5 minute and 40 second mark and watch Williams get burnt twice when all he had to do was not get beat deep with a 13-0 lead.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/466757/2005_santana_moss/

O.J got jobbed!
    Just Fix It

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

I'm not sure why people are so surprised. The Pro Bowl is mostly a popularity contest anyways. Being on a 3-13 team also didn't help OJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    I'm not sure why people are so surprised. The Pro Bowl is mostly a popularity contest anyways. Being on a 3-13 team also didn't help OJ.
    I'm not really suprised at Williams getting it, I'm suprised that some of our members thinks Williams deserved it.
    Just Fix It

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I'm not really suprised at Williams getting it, I'm suprised that some of our members thinks Williams deserved it.
    I'm not sure who thought Williams deserved it, but they obviously haven't seen him cover. Then again, when has anyone ever seen him cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

RamsFan16 Guest

I agree. Atogwe needs to improve in that area and will be a hell of a lot better player.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast