Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PHAT-MONEY Guest

Re: OJ Atogwe Was Screwed!!

well i can't say im surprised either, but he does deserve it.. so does will witherspoon.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I love how they are dogging Atogwe for tackling and for his coverage skills. Well my friend is a huge Dallas fan and he cant stand Williams because he sucks in coverage. Williams doesnt deserve to be there Atogwe does. Let's compare the stats shall we?

Total Tackles

Atogwe-75
    Williams-92

Solo

Atogwe-66
    Williams-73

Passes Defensed

Atogwe-12
    Williams-5

Int's

Atogwe-8
    Williams-2

TD's
    Atogwe-1
    Williams-0

Horse Collars

Atogwe-0
    Willimas-3 and 1 game suspension

How does Williams deserve to go over Atogwe? O.J. was second in the NFL in interceptions. Willimas doesnt even make honorable mention in that category. Like I said if you want to see Williams coverage skills watch the Skins game from 2005 year when they Skins dropped 14 on the Boys in like 5 minutes and Williams blew the coverage twice on Santana Moss. O.J. should be in the Pro Bowl not Williams.

Here check for yourself how bad Williams is in coverage watch this video and go to the 5 minute and 40 second mark and watch Williams get burnt twice when all he had to do was not get beat deep with a 13-0 lead.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/466757/2005_santana_moss/

O.J got jobbed!

Taking this into consideration. You guys are right. Screw tackles. This is over all a better performance by Atogwe.

I'm guessing popularity has something to do with it...

Milan is offline Registered User

Atogwe doesn't miss a lot of tackles and people don't give him enough credit for the tackles he makes.

In the open field he might get run over sometimes but he still takes the guy down after getting run over, or slows him severely.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    I thought O.J. deserved it more than Williams overall, but 3-13 and a reputation for a bad defense sure don't help any of your defensive players get votes.

I don't agree with the first part (the first half of the season he was lost and blew some deep coverages and had some shoddy play), but I completely agree with the second part. I said months ago that Witherspoon would probably be overlooked for the same reason. As much as people on here talked about our improved defense- no one in the league was in awe of the Rams defense and that doesn't bode well. The way we were disected by good offenses didn't help either.

The Bears defense wasn't nearly as good this year under Babich and Smith as it was under Rivera the year before, but they're still living off the reputation that Rivera had built. I don't think Briggs deserved to make it looking at his numbers. There's plenty of players with better stats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12